• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

Why is it running at 15fps?

ifGQss9q9Rjvr.png

The reveal trailer...
Such promise much hope

I don't think developer can achieve the graphics from the first trailer on PS4/Xbox One in a widescaled open world game.

dyergram

Graphics don't look anywhere near as bad as some people are making out. In some of those shots for example the gif of the ghetto area last gen would of been jaggie central with all the power lines and what not. Trailer was very rockstar.I hope the game turns out good also hope nobody who works on it reads the threads on here because Jesus Christ they might top themselves.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I think he's referring to how incredibly hard it is to take the cops head-on. They are ridiculously difficult to fight, rampages get squashed fairly quickly unless you stay in one spot like on a roof or something. To top it all off, the invincible cheat only lasts 5 minutes.

The police in Gta V fun to evade but that's only fun to a certain point. At some time, you want to have a showdown. So you pull out your automatic shotgun, vault over cover, start unloading onto the cops on some rambo shit..........only to get shot down like 5 seconds later.

This is true, but lets just take a look at this from another angle. Lets look at the vast majority of open world games with a wanted system. Lets look at games where the cops put up almost no real fight. How fun is it to have a police chase or go on a rampage when there's no punishment? Not very. It gets boring very quickly. This is the GTA distinction. GTA V does a very good job of making the police a threat. Every other open world game bores me a lot quicker because police chases are a joke. Tense cop chases gives GTA extra life.

Now I do agree that they went a little overboard with GTA V and to be honest I think the new health system has a lot to do with that, but at the end of the day I'd still rather go on a rampage and have a cop chase in GTA V than any other game. Why? Because the police are actually a threat and the chase is going to feel intense. It's not going to be boring. I think it's better that the police are too aggressive than not aggressive enough. Hopefully for the next game Rockstar balance things out a bit better and give us a more forgiving health system to go with the aggressive cops, but right now I'd still say GTA V does cop chases better than any other games.

We'll see how Watch Dogs handles things though. If Ubi do a good job of making the police feel like a threat like GTA does I'll be a happy bunny. Watch Dogs certainly seems to have an interesting system for losing cops. We'll see if they can implement that well without it feeling too easy.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm so getting this game for my PC so I can enjoy it properly at 60+ fps.

Better start praying then that Ubi will adopt Mantle, because if past is to be believed, 60fps will be very hard to achieve. Ubi games are very hard on CPU, and DX11 is bad at multicore processing.

Showaddy

Better start praying then that Ubi will adopt Mantle, because if past is to be believed, 60fps will be very hard to achieve. Ubi games are very hard on CPU, and DX11 is bad at multicore processing.

Yes when people are talking about looking forward to the perfect PC version I think they're forgetting Ubisoft are making this game.

Kitty

Banned

Got i7 2600K running at 4.5GHz, GTX 680 OC 4GB and 16GB RAM so should be able to run it pretty good.

tensuke

But Watch Dogs is using the Disrupt engine which was built specifically for Watch Dogs, rather than Anvil as in AC, and since it was built for WD and supposedly not just reused Anvil stuff, I'm sure they targeted PC/next-gen specifically in the engine, which should give it an easier time running on hardware than AC, so I don't know if comparisons are explicitly fair.

watershed

Banned
Is it now a terrible insult to say a game looks like a PS3 game? I realize we are onto next gen consoles now but the PS3 is not ancient history, and not a graphical slouch by any means. This trailer does look like GTA V to me. I think we will continue to see cross-gen, or lower budget or poorly made next gen games that look like they could have been made for the PS3 without such a statement being hyperbole.

I'm sure there are some technical things Watchdogs is doing that GTA V is not, but the impression I get from watching this trailer is that it looks like GTA V.

But Watch Dogs is using the Disrupt engine which was built specifically for Watch Dogs, rather than Anvil as in AC, and since it was built for WD and supposedly not just reused Anvil stuff, I'm sure they targeted PC/next-gen specifically in the engine, which should give it an easier time running on hardware than AC, so I don't know if comparisons are explicitly fair.

you'd think many things... but personally im all for thinking the worst of everything so if it turns out like that, im not really disappointed, if it turns out for the better, i'd be pleasantly surprised!

Also didn't watch_dogs had insane reqs that were leaked a while back? Were those proven real?

R_Deckard

I can see it being designed or Scalled to meet last gen first so it may not be as optimised as we think.

Also after watching the trailer again I get the Cross Town Traffic vibe from the beginning,anyone else feeling that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDo7g8FzRNY

This thread is unbelievable. It's like some people want this game to fail. Graphics look great, and the trailer has rekindled my interest in this game.

Got i7 2600K running at 4.5GHz, GTX 680 OC 4GB and 16GB RAM so should be able to run it pretty good.

yeaaa...

I'm kinda stuck. I don't know whether to get it for my ps4 or for my PC. I'm kind of leaning towards the PC as it will end up looking better in the future, and its almost guaranteed to be BC forever, unlike the ps4 version. But then, I don't know how well it will run on my PC compared to the ps4 version.

decisions decisions....

bigol

This thread is unbelievable. It's like some people want this game to fail. Graphics look great, and the trailer has rekindled my interest in this game.

When i saw the trailer yesterday i thought it was really good,,then reading the first page of this topic talking about gta v level graphics i was like wtf

If this were the first media I saw for Watch Dogs, I would not think the visuals were very impressive. They'd just be... ok.

Sadly, I did see videos that wowed me, so now I only see how much worse it looks in comparison.

Seems like a game I'm fine with skipping until it goes on sale.

THIS!!!

but with that said, Sleeping Dogs was developed by another company....so....yea. But damn...Game is so Good and so BEAUTIFUL and at 60 fps.

SO CLEAN.

the full collection is on steam for 9.99 BUY IT!!!

that feel of driving down open worlds at 60fps. Even console gamers should have a basic idea of what that feels like with burnout paradise. So good.

god bless Nixxes.

Ubisoft does have a dedicated pc studio too though, so there really is no excuses...

Dennis

Banned
I like that they are not afraid of bright sunny daylight.

That is what open-world graphics should be judged on. Not some murky darkness that can be used to hide your less than stellar graphics.

sertopico

Well, the engine is brand new so maybe they worked out on that.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
The fuck was up those camera sequences in the beginning?

They were horrible.

Exactly what I was thinking.. shuddery much.

I mostly have a problem with 'why' I'm supposed to be turning the city on everyone? I haven't been given a very good reason so far, they haven't done anything to me.

tensuke

Exactly what I was thinking.. shuddery much.

I mostly have a problem with 'why' I'm supposed to be turning the city on everyone? I haven't been given a very good reason so far, they haven't done anything to me.

Well, in the actual story they have done something to Aiden to make him rebel like that. Something to do with his family iirc, they've talked about it before and obviously it'll be fleshed out in the game.

watchdog

I think for the most part the game looks fantastic. Though one thing that did bother me was the shadows of some of the cars. Some cars looked like they were floating right over the pavement. That's just me doing some nitpicking though.

I think people will be quite pleased when the game comes out and people put up their own screenshots, especially from the PC.

Dysun

This looks a lot like GTAV. In fact, playing GTA V and watching this trailer, I'm not sure which is better looking.

GTA V looks better due to the artstyle in stills (ignoring obvious res difference). It runs like shit due to the hardware though, I wouldn't be surprised if the PC/PS4 GTA V port turns out better than Watch Dogs

k4n3

Banned
ive not really been following this thread so sorry if this has been brought up before but.... WTF is with the giant robot spider?

Valnen

Do you post this in every game's thread or just in this one?

They're both "next gen" open world games, so it's perfectly fair to compare the two. I'm looking forward to Batman's release, it's the first open world multiplatform next gen only game. I will be amused if it blows this away. Should have never been cross gen.

I'm so getting this game for my PC so I can enjoy it properly at 60+ fps.

Assuming it isn't broken on PC like every other Ubisoft game you mean?

So has anyone done a decent comparision to the E3 2013 PS4 demo? Cause this is the real question. A downgrade from 2012 demo makes sense cause that was shown on PC hardware before next gen spec was fully known and locked down, but a downgrade from last E3 makes no sense. Unless MS demanded parity for xbone or last gen consoles hamstrung development more then they thought it would.

GD71

Banned
Looks great to me. Much busier streets than Infamous SS so you'd not expect it to be rougher. I'm still excited for this. The taxi bridge screen shot seems to have been grabbed to show it at it's worst rather than best - the bulk of the trailer looked much better - like the animated gifs someone posted.

Whompa

This looks bad?

You guys are high

Day 0 for me....looks hella fun and *I* am still psyched for Watch_Dogs

I think most people are speaking visually, like the day scenes. I think the game will be fun as well, but the day scenes definitely show some rough edges.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The constant hate this game keeps getting only fuels my hype more. It's like whenever a new Sonic game comes out. Half the excitement is just because of how much people are shitting all over it pre-release and looking forward to people getting proved wrong.

FLAguy954

That's a fucking pipe-dream seeing that Ubi is in bed with Nvidia. A Mantle-enabled Ubisoft game would be very nice though...

Top Bottom