• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

It certainly looks interesting. If the game world is big enough, and there are plenty of things to do then I'm still going to pick it up, regardless of the downgrade.

The trailer still looks like a mix of raw footage and BS though. Need to see real world gameplay on PS4 before I make a decision.

Has there been any multiplayer footage released yet?

Now they're vying off R* style "infomercial" trailer. One hand, it's kinda sells it like a product and not a game to be engaged in but the flipside is that there is actual gameplay footage.

And I'd stick with gameplay footage. As for the trailer.... I'm still skeptical with the so-called emergent feature. I'm gonna need a few beta testers to see if every citizen really have this "alternate" life the trailer tries to make it seem.

Sojgat

Looks acceptable.

I just want to know how it plays. 15 minutes of unedited gameplay would be more useful than this knock-off Rockstar trailer.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
GTAV is GTAV, Watch Dog is Watch Dog: two different open world sandbox games. You forgot about gameplay another time.

Well given no one has played the game who's to say that hasn't been downgraded as well? We don't even know it if it's a good game so how can l forget about gameplay?

Given the devs said the visuals have not been downgraded (when they clearly have) i'd rather wait for the reviews.

Dennis

Banned
untitled_377_by_dennisk4-d7budfu.gif

I grew up in the suburbs, but I have been in the city enough times to agree with others that it doesn't feel like Chicago. GTA 5 did such a good job at capturing LA(I've been there a few times). Other games have done New York decently.

cormack12

Gold Member
That cab looked ugly - it needs cutting from the video. I did lol at someone who made the GTA III reference earlier in the thread :)

You know thinking about this, I enjoyed the world R* built for GTA V, it's diversity, density and general events and this was despite the technical failings. If Ubi can provide a more immersive city with the technical problems eradicated, there is no reason I won't enjoy this.

Already promises to be one of the most interesting and controversial launches of the new generation.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's pretty depressing that people are shitting all over this game because of the graphics, yet a game like Infamous Second Son gets nothing but praise despite the fact the world is bland and lifeless as fuck. Are pretty graphics really all you guys care about? Providing good, living, and immersive worlds is less important than providing the absolute best visuals? The sad part is that this game doesn't even look bad. Jesus christ.

there seems to be a fundamental problem with the lighting at noon, everything look so washed out and ugly but it's not the case at sunset/morning or at night.

It's pretty depressing that people are shitting all over this game because of the graphics, yet a game like Infamous Second Son gets nothing but praise despite the fact the world is bland and lifeless as fuck. Are pretty graphics really all you guys care about? Providing good, living, and immersive worlds is less important than providing the absolute best visuals? The sad part is that this game doesn't even look bad. Jesus christ.

yeah it really doesn't look all that bad and that's why I'm so confused as well. People have been saying it looks worse than PS3/360 games and I don't buy it

Kyoufu

Looking forward to hearing impressions about the gameplay. You know, the part that really matters. :p

Second Son actually looks great AND plays great. It has flaws, but it delivers on those two aspects.

Loudninja

The game world in InFamous is neither bland or lifeless.

bbd23

this game is so weird. the previous trailer made me lose hype but this one got me kinda interested...IM SO CONFUSED!

Kuldar

The gameplay should be interesting, people invading your world, causing trouble. Though they could just mean those android apps that people press random stuff on phones which causes stuff to happen in the world.
No, this part was already revealed. A player can come in your game and try to hack you. You can reply by hunting him and killing him. After you can try ton invade this player game and hack him in return.
They said we would be able to choose if we want to be invaded or not.

Nzyme32

I'm just gonna wait till everything and the PC version is out, then compare the difference and decide if ubisoft will be doing the same communication of fidelity of future titles from that

JLS213

Banned
graphics don't matter that much, but ubisoft surprised everyone with the downgrades. if we had never seen the trailer/gameplay from last year's e3, there probably wouldn't be as much negative feedback. people are only going to keep comparing it to the launch footage.

Adan0s

The graphics in this game seem to be so irregular. There are parts that really look great (that closeup of the street with physics moving crap, streets at night) and there are parts optically straight out of gta4 like pedestrians, streets at day.

And then there these shots with spider droids, futuristic weapons, burning heads. what in the fuck is this game going to be? dystopian gta or some saints row clone?

KORNdoggy

Just when i was maybe willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt, they release a trailer that puts me off even more. The game looks plain bad. That opening section was like like early PS3 game.

ryan299

There's not many games that I can say I went from being really pumped about, at a reveal, to it might be good.

Every time I see a new trailer for this game I get less excited. Its really weird

Marcel

Visuals? Downgraded, not really worth arguing about. To what degree? Who knows, but it's there. Graphics aren't everything but it's a letdown nonetheless.

Gameplay? Another who knows. GTA drive n' shoot with hacking? Good enough but not really anything worth getting excited about as I see it.

Mission structure? I have not very much confidence on this when you consider the awful campaigns present in Ubisoft's recent AC games (Liberation/AC3/AC4: Black Flag).

It's a wait for the GAF reactions/Black Friday deal for me.

hydruxo

At one point in time this would have been a day one purchase for me. Now, I'm not sure. Going to need to see alot more between now and May.

ymmv

Banned
My god, all the trolling, all the hyperbole, the LOL photoshops, all those people damning the game by just one screenshot ... I wish there were more people actually responding to the trailer instead of giving kneejerk "this will be the worst game ever" responses.

We're mad because we were basically lied to. If they showed this from the start there wouldn't be so much hate. We feel deceived.

Marcel

My god, all the trolling, all the hyperbole, the LOL photoshops, all those people damning the game by just one screenshot ... I wish there were more people actually responding to the trailer instead of giving kneejerk "this will be the worst game ever" responses.

What do you really expect at this point after Ubisoft had a PR clusterfuck that went out of control?

RaikuHebi

Banned
I almost closed it in the first seconds when they pulled a poor man's GTA trailer. The game looks good. Still, the lighting is quite poor and there was quite a lot of aliasing.

I DID close it after seeing how much they ripped off GTA.

I wonder if R* are timing GTAV Definitive Edition around the time WatchDogs launches?

Muffdraul

Man I wish I could've been a fly on the wall in the development meetings over the last couple of years. "OK guys, more bad news... the dynamic quad-linear node based lighting system we got up and running just in time to make it into that demo for last year's E3... it's unsustainable in the engine going forward. So... we're going to use the lighting system from Assassins Creed 2 instead. Yeah. Sorry."

It doesn't look "bad," I'm still getting it on day 1 and I'm sure it'll be super fun. It's just... damn. Fuck cross gen development and fuck the execs who force it on their developers.

Whompa

so that wasn't a GTA5 tech trailer?

Seriously for a game that tried to not be like GTA, it sure does look like GTA...

Welcometogaf.gif

But seriously, the thing that's confusing to me is the fact that apparently this game has a crazy side, what with the insane stuff they showed at the end. I don't think that was reflected at all in the previous trailers or previews they've given which all implied the game was going to be story based and hella serious.

I actually don't think it looks that bad, but every time I see a new trailer I get a little less excited about playing it.

Probably gonna wait for a price drop. :/

JDSN

Banned
This is the first trailer that reminds me of Chicago, all the trailers so far has looked like random city or how a french dev perceives America to be...which most of the times means ending up making San fran.

Top Bottom