• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WatchMojo's Top 10 Disappointing Games of 2016

EGM1966

Not buying Last Guardian being on list for tech issues that are lesser than many other games released. Opinions and all that but that smacks of inclusion due to its high profile over a number of years.

Reality is most including reviewers are amazed it released at all never mind it turned out to be very good overall. It's a bit of a miracle Sony kept funding it and covered porting and reworking it to PS4.

Rest are mostly expected and obvious particularly number 1 (which ironically I wasn't disappointed it because it turned out to be what everyone initially expected before hype and misplaced promises took over).

Not getting why anyone rates WatchMojo. It's lowest common denominator SEO bait.

Also yeah I'm salty because TLG in no way deserves a spot on that list. Imagine calling Shadow of the Colossus disappointing because it had a bad framerate, what a garbage-ass opinion.

Cday

Banned
This as well. Catalyst put Mirror's Edge back in a hole and it's not coming out of it for a long while.

To expand on this I actually like the game if only for it being an open world game with Mirror's Edge gameplay, but they did so much wrong with it and the reception will likely just tell EA that people don't want Mirror's Edge in 201X when the problem isn't Mirror's Edge, it's that they half-assed it.

Not getting why anyone rates WatchMojo. It's lowest common denominator SEO bait.

Also yeah I'm salty because TLG in no way deserves a spot on that list. Imagine calling Shadow of the Colossus disappointing because it had a bad framerate, what a garbage-ass opinion.

I'm also confused why it keeps getting threads here.

I'd rather we just have more polls on GAF.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Star Ocean 5? Seriously? People were expecting things out of it?

I was expecting tri-Ace to at least not fuck up the battle system, since that's the one area where they usually excel. But whaddaya know?

SO5 is my most disappointing game of the year by far. The low budget not even the most egregious issue with that game.

xrnzaaas

In my opinion TLG turned out to be a much better game than I expected from a title with such a dramatic development cycle, but it's also reasonable that some people are going to be disappointed by it (more or less). And not only by the technical bits, but by the gameplay as well. Like for instance I feel like some puzzles (mirrors) and gameplay mechanics (evading suits of amour) were overused throughout the course of the game and the game needed more fresh ideas in its second half.

Top Bottom