• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wednesdayton!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
"I can't read the text of the .pdf document so it makes it difficult to analyze...but I'm going to anyways."

The text is about PlayStation, have a check of the other threads.

:)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Tomorrow%20Never%20Dies.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am not fully convinced gakman didn't make that PDF himself ;)

but the controller wasn't made of two pieces sooo....

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
DrGAKMAN said:
I don't know what to think now. I can't read the text of the .pdf document so it makes it difficult to analyze...
typical Dr. Gakman post
I keep tellin' ya dude, do a summary at the end of your posts.

Acrylamid

Ristamar said:
It's already been debunked in another thread thanks to argon's sleuth skills.
Wow, best fake ever! :D
Yes, the design seemed to be contrary to the "keep it simple"-strategy that Nintendo has been preaching in interviews over the last few years... but I really like it nevertheless.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I thought it was a horrible mess of a controller actually.

Too many cooks spoil the broth and all that. Any real gameplay innovations would be lost in a sea of gimmicky titles than exploit different aspects of the controller, leading to no consistency and a more confusing experience than before.

It's better to focus the controller round one or two strong ideas that become standard, rather than just stuffing everything in there for the sake of it. SNES pad gave us diamond formation and shoulder buttons, N64 pad analog stick and trigger, PSX pad double shoulder buttons and dual analog, DC pad analog triggers ...

360 and PS3 seem to be just refining what controllers we already have, so Nintendo do have a big opportunity to introduce something that will become a new standard. But the controller in the pdf would have been a nightmare in my opinion, because it had no focus.

Acrylamid

stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

How you uh, how you comin' on that controller you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, big stack of design studies there? Got a, got a nice litte innovative control method you're working on there? Your big revolution you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Got a, got a compelling button layout? Yeah? Got a screen for us to touch? Huh? Little layout brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little design? Buttons, sticks, and pads? Some buttons become analog, some wheels become clickable? At the end the gamer is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

Flo_Evans

Acrylamid said:
stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

How you uh, how you comin' on that controller you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, big stack of design studies there? Got a, got a nice litte innovative control method you're working on there? Your big revolution you've been working on for 3 years? Huh? Got a, got a compelling button layout? Yeah? Got a screen for us to touch? Huh? Little layout brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little design? Buttons, sticks, and pads? Some buttons become analog, some wheels become clickable? At the end the gamer is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

:lol :lol :lol

FortNinety said:
And yet another Wednesdayton draws to a close...
attori144.jpg

"Leave anything for us?"

commando2.jpg

"Just owls."

attori144.jpg

"I'd just like you to consider next Wednesday, John. All it would take is your coming back..."

commando2.jpg

"This was the last time."

attori144.jpg

"Until the next time..."

mov257.jpg

"No. Chance."

WE FIGHT FOR LOVE!

KINGMOKU

Francois the Great said:
:lol

Dual 4 ghz processors would fucking melt that small box.
Not if it's made out of Kryptonite baby!

Booya! Take that X-Bots, and Sonites! Seriousgamer has spoken! Kneel down to the WednesDAYTON!

DrGAKMAN

Banned
I don't know why I'm being so heavily criticized for my analysis of this document. It only took me about a half an hour to write it with help from Mr. Owl...

Tootsie_Owl_Answers-Tee-shi.jpg

Seriously. I didn't think it was truly real, just thinking about it just in case. To me, if you're gonna criticize me for posting then you should be 100 times more critical of whoever created it...'cos it had to have taken them a long time to go so out of their way for a fake. I mean, this is probably the most elaborate of any of the fakes I've seen...can't blame me for speculating on it, 'cos that's what I do.

Chittagong said:
PS: If real, tears are falling on Dr Gakman's keyboard - didn't finish his final drawing yet

And no Chittagong, I didn't cry about this possibly being the design, 'cos I knew it probably wasn't real or final...I know I'll still have time to show my design before Nintendo actually shows it off.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Acrylamid said:
stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

:lol :lol

Flawless. You win the thread.

Juice

Acrylamid said:
stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

If people actually did that sort of thing, I would have just fallen out of my chair laughing from that. Good play, good play.

I though the scene in the show dragged out, but your references to touch screens and buttons, and wheels becoming clickable. Damn, wish I'd thought of that schtick.

..pakbeka.. said:
wario and demi are banned, and from the looks of things, drinky will be banned too

this board will be very boring next week

It got us in the papers, and some funny-ass photochops and vids. Their deaths were not in vain...

Spike

Acrylamid said:
stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

MrDaravon

Acrylamid said:
stewie.jpg
miyamoto.jpg

<3<3

Prince of Space said:
attori144.jpg

"Leave anything for us?"

commando2.jpg

"Just owls."

attori144.jpg

"I'd just like you to consider next Wednesday, John. All it would take is your coming back..."

commando2.jpg

"This was the last time."

attori144.jpg

"Until the next time..."

mov257.jpg

"No. Chance."

WE FIGHT FOR LOVE!

:lol

Starfire

Don't you remember?....How could you forget?.....

Wow, Nintendo propaganda films.....the battle has begun.

Don't forget the history y'all!!

Hyoushi

DrGAKMAN said:
I don't know what to think now. I can't read the text of the .pdf document so it makes it difficult to analyze...but I'm going to anyways.

Before that, it seems very Nintendo-ish, and if the unveiling is happenning "soon" as we keep hearing then this would fit with the Nintendo memo about the NDS's features before it was unveiled. To those who haven't seen it I'm gonna break it down (asuming it's anything real):

(Hilarity)
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
polg said:
do u want to make a winning statement?
May this thread be forever enshrined within the Hall of Sha... I mean, the Forum Archives.

And may Drinky rest in peace for the next month. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom