• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread of YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD! Hokuto Musou (PS360)! WATATATATATATATA

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
KOF Maximum Impact 360 (360)
KOF Maximum Impact 3 (PS3)
KOF Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2)
...all cancelled.

Ouch.

That looks somewhat inefficient though. Why weren't Maximum Impact 360 and 3 the same game, for example? Or were they?

GhaleonQ

klee123 said:
It was inevitable.

KOFXII got universally panned and looks like the upcomming Samsho game will be a bomb too.

Apart from giving Americans the SNK/ADK compilations we deserve, what could they have left that's unannounced? And if it's 2-d, are they spending a lot of money doing sprites or are we getting repackaged sprites again?

I'm surprised SNK haven't shat out a quick KOF game for the DS, like the EX games for the GBA. There's your budget for MI3 back right there.

klee123

GhaleonQ said:
Apart from giving Americans the SNK/ADK compilations we deserve, what could they have left that's unannounced? And if it's 2-d, are they spending a lot of money doing sprites or are we getting repackaged sprites again?

MOTW2 and LB3!

Well in my dreams that is.

TreIII

Aight....while my first want was for a new HnK fighter.....this DOES definitely look good.

They market this correctly, and this will be the first Koei game I will buy the "Treasure Bundle" for. :lol

Aru

Has SNKP released anything interesting besides compilations of classic games ?

The sequels they made weren't really great IMO, besides KOF XI.

What was the last KOF SNK made before being bought by Playmore ?

Dascu

You'd best delete that link, Omer. Posting Famitsu scans or links to websites with scans is against the rules.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Jonnyram said:
...all cancelled.

Wow... I guess they should focus on downloadable games for a while.

Dascu

Castlevania Rebirth definitely doesn't look like a straight remake of the GameBoy title. I've been comparing the screenshots and the stage layouts from the GB game and they really don't look alike.

Dascu said:
You'd best delete that link, Omer. Posting Famitsu scans or links to websites with scans is against the rules.

Just waiting for duckroll to pop in with:

Dascu: You might get banned...
Duckroll: He already has been!
Omer: *account explodes*

;-)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
duckroll said:
Making some sensible decisions, that's what they're doing, amazingly! Who the fuck actually wants those games to come out? :lol
While i understand why those titles were cancelled... i was waiting for MI3 :(

klee123 said:
It was inevitable.

KOFXII got universally panned and looks like the upcomming Samsho game will be a bomb too.
Samsho zen is not even being developed by SNKP, and it looks awful. Though the new characters designs are pretty awesome... also : A cowboy on Samsho ? LOL

GrayFoxPL

duckroll said:
Making some sensible decisions, that's what they're doing, amazingly! Who the fuck actually wants those games to come out? :lol

Me. Does that fact crack the moon? :p

SNKP is dumb, MI3 would've do much better comertially then XII given good marketing campain.

Fersis said:
Samsho zen is not even being developed by SNKP, and it looks awful. Though the new characters designs are pretty awesome... also : A cowboy on Samsho ? LOL

Lol. I must be the only one looking forward to "Sen" . I think it looks great, even if the animation is like from Toshinden era. Btw. Uncesored us version looks better with all the limb cutting and head decapitations.

What the heck is wrong with Cowboys in Samurai Showdown? They share a lot of the same philosophy and style though the cultures are different.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
PepsimanVsJoe said:
What the heck is wrong with Cowboys in Samurai Showdown? They share a lot of the same philosophy and style though the cultures are different.
Check the character design, it doesnt fit. But hey just my taste.
Some of the new character are really really good.

t3nmilez

Jonnyram said:
...all cancelled.

You guys are making too big a deal out of this. The guy who worked on the MI series isn't with SNK anymore, and hasn't been for some time, that's likely the reason these games have been canceled. Hell, these games were announced years ago and absolutely no info has come out since then, anyone who was following the games knew that they were canceled long ago.

Haunted

This is one of those instances where I can't be happy about a Japanese announcement because I'll never get to play it anyway. :/

Aru said:
Has SNKP released anything interesting besides compilations of classic games ?

The DokiDoki Majo Shinpan games and Days of Memories 1-3. Although I guess 'interesting' is a subjective term :p I enjoy em, others may not!
Metal Slug 7 was great too and Metal Slug XX is coming later in the year.

shuri

Banned
・Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP)
- Kojima "The script will be of the same quality as Metal Gear Solid 4. There is a system which haven't been revealed yet, and it will be a surprise.
Have mercy :(

Fersis

t3nmilez said:
You guys are making too big a deal out of this. The guy who worked on the MI series isn't with SNK anymore, and hasn't been for some time, that's likely the reason these games have been canceled. Hell, these games were announced years ago and absolutely no info has come out since then, anyone who was following the games knew that they were canceled long ago.
I think that Falcoon was the MIRA director.

Darkpen

Banned
Evangelion, fate/stay night, and hatsune miku costumes in phantasy star portable 2? lol

Also, can someone post the cover for the new issue? I don't see it anywhere, and I want to know what the fuss is all about over the hokuto musuo game (unless I read the first page's posts wrong and there is no hokuto musuo cover for this week's famitsu)

Kittonwy

Banned
The AnswerV said:

Pressure pointz in teh tank lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Razien

Banned
Host Samurai said:
I am so buying this. Now we all we need a AKIRA, GitS and Gantz game and I am set.

I`d be all over a Gantz game, and that`d be quite easy to make (the anime/manga is already divided by missions, all with lots of action!).

A GitS game would be hard to be good, though.

lupinko

klee123 said:
It was inevitable.

That Samsho game isn't upcoming since it's a year old (and already known to be ass).

Razien said:
I`d be all over a Gantz game, and that`d be quite easy to make (the anime/manga is already divided by missions, all with lots of action!).

Konami made a Gantz game for the PS2. It was terrible from what I've heard.

ArjanN

Host Samurai said:
I am so buying this. Now we all we need a AKIRA, GitS and Gantz game and I am set.

There already are Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Gantz games.

Mostly bad ones though.

The problem with those is the same as with any license-based game: are you just going to re-tell the same story? Because that's no fun.

ArjanN said:
There already are Akira, Ghost in the Shell and Gantz games.

Mostly bad ones though.

The problem with those is the same as with any license-based game: are you just going to re-tell the same story? Because that's no fun.

Gantz is tailor made for a game. It can go so many ways. It can also be Online Coop with so many different outcomes

AKIRA can be done as well as a cool open world Neo Tokyo with playable Kanada and Testuo.

WATATATATATATATATATATATATATAATATATATATATATATA Looks like this is the closest to a God Hand we will get this gen. Would have looked better Cel Shaded but not complaining. Day 1 import version :D Love PS3 Region free

ArjanN

Host Samurai said:
Gantz is tailor made for a game. It can go so many ways. It can also be Online Coop with so many different outcomes

AKIRA can be done as well as a cool open world Neo Tokyo with playable Kanada and Testuo.

WATATATATATATATATATATATATATAATATATATATATATATA Looks like this is the closest to a God Hand we will get this gen. Would have looked better Cel Shaded but not complaining. Day 1 import version :D Love PS3 Region free

The problem with Akira, is retelling the same story from the manga is boring, and you can't really have an original story in that universe either.

Gantz could work if they'd make new characters, but I'd rather they'd wait until the current (what seems to be final) story arc is over, and see if we ever got any answers or if it's like Lost and the writers got lost in their own more and more convoluted twists.

Oh, wait Hokuto Musou? So it might just be Dynasty Warriors with a Hokuto no Ken skin? Because in that case it will be nothing like God Hand and something like Bayonetta will mostly likely be way more similar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
distantmantra said:
Konami made a Gantz game for the PS2. It was terrible from what I've heard.

This is correct, I have endured it and it is terrible.

Top Bottom