• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu Thread of YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD! Hokuto Musou (PS360)! WATATATATATATATA

Sunflower said:
This is correct, I have endured it and it is terrible.

I bought it too cuz i needed my fix:lol I didnt think it was THAT bad. There is just too much potential for a great GANTZ game and it was a bit of a let down. Can do so many things with the diverse cast, point system etc.

I know that this is a Muso game but I hope that they do add some exploding heads and some cool boss encounters. Always wanted a cool adventure HNK game. I bought the PS2 fighting game and it was awesome but will take an action game over a vs fighter any day.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ArjanN said:
The problem with Akira, is retelling the same story from the manga is boring, and you can't really have an original story in that universe either.

Gantz could work if they'd make new characters, but I'd rather they'd wait until the current (what seems to be final) story arc is over, and see if we ever got any answers or if it's like Lost and the writers got lost in their own more and more convoluted twists.

Oh, wait Hokuto Musou? So it might just be Dynasty Warriors with a Hokuto no Ken skin? Because in that case it will be nothing like God Hand and something like Bayonetta will mostly likely be way more similar.

I've played both the Gantz and Gits games for PS2 (And I have the Berserk PS2 game). The Gantz one is just a rehash of the anime story line, with very limited environments, interesting action gameplay and crappy, text heavy (japanese) dialogue gameplay mechanics.

The Ghost in the Shell PS2 game features an original story and I found the gameplay to be rather good, very action focused. There's a few camera issues but overall, especially as a massive GITS fan, I found it to be enjoyable.

The games features a story told in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG.

In the year 2030, cybercrime, espionage and terrorism plague a society lost between humanity and technology. As one of the trusted members of the government organization known as Section 9, Major Motoko Kusanagi must uncover the truth behind a mysterious case known only as T.A.R.

Both games are 3rd person action adventures and I would easily reccomend the GITS game to any fan. (Stay away from the horrible controlling, piss poor gameplay PSP GITS game at all costs!)

My last Hakuto game, aside from a brief turn at the Ark fighting game and a novelty boxing glove punching game at my local bowling alley (fuck tons of sweaty fun!) was on the Mega Drive, I'm so looking forward to this.

Oh wow. If that HNK Musou game comes over here it will probably be my first. Or I may have to import.

Can't wait to learn more about it.

Enron

Banned
ah hahahahaha pervtonelico

As your bonding with the girl improves, her inner power will be released and her attack level in battle increases, and even “release” the power of her costume. The example shows Finnel gaining increased powers by fighting without her skirt on.

Durante

xfactor said:
Ar Tonelico 3 (PS3)
- Jan 28 2010
- 80%
- 2D event, 3D battle

Best gaming news of the year.
Awesome awesome awesome.

Edit - found some more information:
Gust’s next big game is Ar Tonelico III and it’s a PlayStation 3 exclusive. The game stars Aoto, a strapping lad who is accompanied by two reyvateils, Saki and Phinnel. These characters live on a third tower known as Sol Cluster.

Song magic is still a key feature of Ar Tonelico III, but the battle system has been revised. Players can make custom songs with the R.A.H. system and change the background music in real time. It also looks like Gust shifted the game’s presentation from 2D to 3D.
Bolded part sounds great, Gust with the AT series is one of the few true innovative forces in JRPG battle systems these days.

jman2050

lorddarkflare said:
I have played borderline embarrassing games for their combat(Tales of and FFX-2 being my favorites) but AT seems to take it to another level. I may rent, but i would not be surprised if it ended up like when i tried playing Mana Khalmia (quit halfway through my second hour)

If you managed to quit Mana Khemia within 2 hours because of subject matter I suggest you stay as far away from AT as possible.

Durante said:
Bolded part sounds great, Gust with the AT series is one of the few true innovative forces in JRPG battle systems these days.

It's funny, I'm not really at all surprised about this because it's the logical extension of what Gust was trying to do in the first two games. Hopefully they pull it off well.

Aru

Durante said:
Best gaming news of the year.
Awesome awesome awesome.

Edit - found some more information:

I think that Tri-Ace innovates pretty much with each new JRPG they make. See Valkyrie Profile 2 or SO4. Great battle systems with cool new features.

Dresden

Aru said:
I think that Tri-Ace innovates pretty much with each new JRPG they make. See Valkyrie Profile 2 or SO4. Great battle systems with cool new features.

Now if only they could hire a decent writer...

Aru

Dresden said:
Now if only they could hire a decent writer...

The writer of Valkyrie Profile series story is good (well, at least for the first game, the second one - while awesome - is 80% fan service - and I loved it -).
They just need to change SO's writer.

kiuju2k

Banned
i just saw the scans. Finally a musou game using an amazing license. Not to say gundam is a bad, but its not hokuto no ken.

Scans? Gaf?

kiuju2k said:
i just saw the scans. Finally a musou game using an amazing license. Not to say gundam is a bad, but its not hokuto no ken.

Scans? Gaf?
There is a reason for the non-posting of scans... Better take them down before the Mods/Admins see them.

Durante

kiuju2k said:
Scans? Gaf?
You should remove those. Also, there are better ones out there.

I'm really happy right now. The sequel for my favourite new JRPG franchise of the PS2 generation is confirmed and it's on a HD console. Just awesome.

t3nmilez said:
The guy who worked on the MI series isn't with SNK anymore, and hasn't been for some time, that's likely the reason these games have been canceled.

He probably got a job at Capcom, which would explain a lot. :lol :lol :lol

Anyhow, no tears from me. Maximum Impact was plenty shitty.

I just hope SNK continues with sprite based game development. :(

Guys, don't warn the Junior. We can use fewer of them. >:)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
kiuju2k ive been banned for posting scans!!
Wutchout!

obaidr

Banned
i dont think this will be released in the west, so i ask my self why the further investment in the 360 development? how many will it sell? 10k?

batbeg

Chromax said:
Too late...we didn't save him in time. ;_;

Just as well. I can never understand what these guys are thinking. "Oh look the resourceful guys at GAF haven't yet stumbled upon this scan despite having talking about it for 2-3 pages, I'll be the first one to have found it!!"

Culling the population for the better.

obaidr said:
i dont think this will be released in the west, so i ask my self why the further investment in the 360 development? how many will it sell? 10k?

I really wonder about it being released in North America, but perhaps Discotek Media (US license holder) is cool about the game coming out alongside their planned 2010 release of the TV series.

PS3 and Xbox 360 owners can look forward to Hokutou Musou in Japan some time in 2010. Koei has not yet announced an English name or overseas release information.

You might recall a story we wrote last week regarding a Koei press conference that would see the unveiling of a new game from Dynasty Warriors Gundam producer Hisashi Koinuma. This does appear to be the mystery title. Koei has made an effort to invite the foreign press to the event. We'll take this as an indication that Hokutou Musou is being planned for international release.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/103/1034498p1.html

TreIII

Space A Cobra said:
Yuria as a playable character? Lame

I wouldn't knock the idea until we've seen it. (If it's indeed true)

Me? I'm thinking she's probably going to have at least ONE member of the Goshasei at her beck and call, for possibly a "Summon/Striker" based fighting style, where she otherwise doesn't do much by herself.

Since the likes of Hyuui and Shuren are not as important as say, Fudo and Jyuuza (who are more likely to become individual characters), I could see a thing like this working. Plus, I'm sure they wanted to have at least ONE other female besides Mamiya, and short of dipping into the Gaiden crud for Reina, this is their only other option. :D

Any way, between Hokuto Musou (Tensei! :lol ) and more Sengoku BASARA 3 revelations...the manliness in this ish of Fami is off the CHARTS! :D

TreIII said:
I wouldn't knock the idea until we've seen it. (If it's indeed true)

Me? I'm thinking she's probably going to have at least ONE member of the Goshasei at her beck and call, for possibly a "Summon/Striker" based fighting style, where she otherwise doesn't do much by herself.

Since the likes of Hyuui and Shuren are not as important as say, Fudo and Jyuuza (who are more likely to become individual characters), I could see a thing like this working. Plus, I'm sure they wanted to have at least ONE other female besides Mamiya, and short of dipping into the Gaiden crud for Reina, this is their only other option. :D

Any way, between Hokuto Musou (Tensei! :lol ) and more Sengoku BASARA 3 revelations...the manliness in this ish of Fami is off the CHARTS! :D

Well I don't know how they're going to implement her but the idea of Yuria defeating hundreds of enemies herself is just so wrong. Having her represented by Jyuza would be awesome though.

t3nmilez

I wonder if you'll be able to download other people's RPGs through wifi in RPG Maker DS. Heh, it could be the only game you ever need!

Top Bottom