• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Oh yeah the breadcrumbs lol let me get out of bed and all and ill try to find them. The main one i said was a quote from Hancock mayor of a city (forgot the name) in Fallout 4.

I just didn't change my vote cause it won't matter since im gonna override today

Sorian

Banned
Oh yeah the breadcrumbs lol let me get out of bed and all and ill try to find them. The main one i said was a quote from Hancock mayor of a city (forgot the name) in Fallout 4.

I just didn't change my vote cause it won't matter since im gonna override today

I always enjoy breadcrumbs, I'm good though if you are feeling lazy, that tells me who you are claiming at least. Pretty obvious with an override but figured I'd check.

Return the favor for the neutral, they totally helped us with Mazre, that was going to be the rabbit hole of forever if they didn't just unceremoniously kill him

Regarding last day phase, I woke up at 1h20pm. I thought the day ended at 5PM.
First off, wtf? Proxy for squidyj? hahahahahahaha nah that lightnight rod wielding liar isn't connected to me whatsoever. I have no links to anyone beside our town. "Of the people, for the people."

First of all let me address the most important part of that post. Yooooo my bad on the spoiler lol didnt think about it. Like sorian said it's a pretty early one so it won't change much.

Regarding seath and trigger, to be honest I would vote for both but I don't have the power to do so. I won't let seath slide but I'm intrigued with what he has under his sleeve.

Hmm I really thought I put more but I can't find any :(
Anyways the first one is playing off as the mayor of the city. As hancock was in Fallout4, the city was Goodneighbor. The other thing I said was I didn't have the power to have 2 votes but instead the power to override. As the mayor of Night Vale woohoo!

gryvan

Hmm I really thought I put more but I can't find any :(
Anyways the first one is playing off as the mayor of the city. As hancock was in Fallout4, the city was Goodneighbor. The other thing I said was I didn't have the power to have 2 votes but instead the power to override. As the mayor of Night Vale woohoo!

so your role claiming as mayor then?

Karu, you are really going to need to claim something other than "She's lying!" in order to get my vote off you. With that in mind, I'd like Ferret to come forward with some information as well. We just need more proof of your townness from the both of you.

Look at it this way, if you are town and not a super important power role than you should have no problem with being lynched or being killed by the SK as if town wins you win even in death. We have such a big lead that your death will help us with Scrafty and ultimately tie up loose ends.

If that post of yours is all you have to offer than we will kill you - either today or tonight. Your flip will give us the information you aren't telling us and shed light on Scrafty's claims.

Sorry I have no info to come forward with. I think the bold part of your post is entirely true, and it's why I've been pretty OK with what's been happening today. I mean lynching me at least clears up a suspicious element that's been lingering around for a while.

I do take issue with being killed by Hiram however since then you would be feeding him a town member and making him closer to completing the other one of his two options. Then you all will just waste a day debating/killing him off instead of finding any remaining scum (I am of the opinion that theres at least two remaoning) basically giving them a free day.

That's also why I wanted you all to at least use most of the time available to you instead of turboing me. My death might not give many leads, so even if it's pretty decided I would rather you still discuss as much as possible in the mean time.

You changed your avatar! Sorry but I kinda liked the old one better.

Yes Mayor of South Park Mayor McDaniels Night Vale Pamela something. Not Anderson cause that's Scrafty character ?

Are you calling an emergency press conference?

Sorian

Banned
so whats this override thingamajing again?

so your role claiming as mayor then?

A mayor is a role that can override once per game. Basically they have the power to say "shut up idiots, we are killing this person" and that's who gets lynched instead, regardless of the vote.

Yes Mayor of South Park Mayor McDaniels Night Vale Pamela something. Not Anderson cause that's Scrafty character ?

I laughed lol

Welp, you are claiming Mayor, I have no reason to refute you so do your override and get on with it so we know you are telling the truth.

UltraJay

A mayor is a role that can override once per game. Basically they have the power to say "shut up idiots, we are killing this person" and that's who gets lynched instead, regardless of the vote.

I laughed lol

Welp, you are claiming Mayor, I have no reason to refute you so do your override and get on with it so we know you are telling the truth.

Isn't that the same as a turbo? I know it would be nice to know they are telling the truth but we should discuss more with the time we have?

Isn't that the same as a turbo? I know it would be nice to know they are telling the truth but we should discuss more with the time we have?

Yes it turbos the day, i get to choose whoever I want to lynch. That's why I've been playing as a numbskull since I knew I couldn't get day killed lol.. but now I might after to tonight. Gotta start contributing more often D:

Sorian

Banned

Technically, yes, but at this point, I'm not sure what else we are getting out of this day. Everyone has said their feelings on the Karu and Ferret issue. Karu isn't providing much defense, Ferret isn't providing much defense. It's doubtful that anything new is coming to light from left field. Presumably, a few posts into the day phase tomorrow, we will have both Karu's and Ferret's flip to evaluate and the game might even be over anyway. If it's not then we can re-convene tomorrow with a lot of new information.

IMO, if there's going to be an override it's better to do it now and get it done. Otherwise people may type long arguments only to have them lost/ignored when we wait for the day/night cycle to run again.

IMO, if there's going to be an override it's better to do it now and get it done. Otherwise people may type long arguments only to have them lost/ignored when we wait for the day/night cycle to run again.

How much do you trust your Radio Intern? Don't you think he's trying to take over Cecil spot? Or do you believe he is helping the community with up to date information?

Sorian

Banned
What if we get the nightmare scenario where Ferret, Karu and Scrafty all end up flipping town?

Well Ferret is a deduction, he could very well be town, I think he isn't but it's not a nightmare if he flips town. Squidy and Razmos were deductions too, apparently, so these things happen for and against us. If Karu and Scrafty both flip town then kudos to that mafia framer (because that would have to be the case), they pulled a mega gambit off. It still wouldn't put mafia in the best position though. They'd still be fairly outnumbered.

Sorian

Banned
How much do you trust your Radio Intern? Don't you think he's trying to take over Cecil spot? Or do you believe he is helping the community with up to date information?

Really my only point:

Dude, Sorian and the day killer were the reason we killed 3 scum in one day.

I wanna hear it from Absolut, he's been talking to him most of the nights..

I think you just want someone to give you permission to do it though :p Again, it would be funny but you really shouldn't kill known town.

Okay so like I'm just gonna say like, one last thing before any big decisions are made.

Things that are for sure true:

I can like see if people are cool or uncool and apparently someone thinks my name is Carlos. I can like confirm that Mike is 100% a good guy, Karu is 100% a bad guy, and Sorian was like, at least 100% a good guy when I investigated him on Night 1.

Any like, right-thinking good guys should be going after bad guys, not like, leaving someone else to do our dirty work. No matter what like, ends up happening, I'm not gonna say anything else on the matter cuz I've already like, pleaded enough.

So long as you know where to give credit once Karu is dead and we have one less bad guy stinking up the place, I don't even care what mistakes are made in the process.

Day has ended. Results will come up shortly.

tumblr_mpspmfOXNV1rome1po4_250.gif

RetroMG

This is a story about Her.

She was a newcomer to the town, and her bag got switched at the airport. The bag said 'Carlos,' (or so she said,) but she wasn't the kind to get upset over such things, so she made it a point to enjoy her vacation. However, during the night she thought she heard a message play from one of the machines, so she set out to do What She Had To Do. Her name was Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos, and she was going to lynch Karu.

This is also a story about Him.

He was a fearless leader of men, and he had a keen mind, a quick wit - or so he thought. People had always listened to him, and he knew it. He also knew that there were shadows lurking in the darkness, and in the night, he thought he heard one of them whisper of a nameless fear. He quickly deduced the name of that fear, and he prepared to do What He Had To Do. His name was Sorian, and he was going to lynch UnmaskedFerret.

This is also a story about Mike.

This morning, they both stood up. She stood up first, and announced the name of someone she was sure was wicked. He quickly stepped in to announce his name, which would be best for everyone, even though the shadow that had supposedly killed people, but that was all right because the shadow wasn't a bad guy at heart. He seemed to talk for hours.

The argument raged, until one person finally decided to take things into their own hands and end it. That man, Mike, delivered the final, overriding vote.

Unfortunately, Sorian was wrong about UnmaskedFerret.

You have killed Unmasked Ferret, an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale.

Welcome!

The Night Vale City Council has provided this mandatory identity reminder:

You are an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale

(That means you aren't special enough to have a power role.)

You are aligned with Night Vale (That's the Town)

Who knows what horrors drove you to this little desert community. You can make up your own story. I won't contradict you in front of the other radio personalities. Honest.

You do not have any actions. You can vote, though, and your vote is your power! Use it wisely, Listener.

You win when no more Mafia aligned players remain.

Please respond and confirm receipt of this PM

Have fun!

Day 4 has ended

Better hope that shadow really intends to do what he thinks it will do. And perhaps for clearer thinking tomorrow, Night Vale.

Good Night, Night Vale. Good Night.

RetroMG

Listeners! Listeners, we are sorry to wake you from your sleep, but this is an emergency! There is a five-headed dragon attacking Night Vale! His heads are breathing fire, burning everything in sight!
…except for one head which is pointedly reading a book.
He's bearing down on that mustached man and the guy with the beanie! The Beanie man has pushed the mustached man into the Dragon's jaws!

Karu, AKA The Glow Cloud (All hail the Glow Cloud!) has died.

Welcome!

You are The Glow Cloud. All Hail the Glow Cloud.
CweUQeo.jpg

(There's not a good name for this role. Sorry. You make people go insane.)

You are aligned with Desert Bluffs (That's the Mafia)

Your motives are beyond human knowledge. You see this puny town drifting below you. You want them all dead. Why? Because purple table liquify, that's why.

You have partners in your endeavor: Sorian, Razmos, and Scrafty.

(Just kidding, folks. You know who the scum were.)

You also have another partner who is unknown to you. He is, however, aware of who you are. If you attempt to kill him or use your night action on him, he will join you, instead.

There is one neutral player who is immune to your night kills. If you attempt to kill him, nothing will happen. He is not, however, immune to your night action.

Each night, one of the Desert Bluffs Mafia Players may kill one of the other players by PMing RetroMG with the command KILL: <Player>

You may turn one of the puny humans insane once per night. If you choose to do this, during the next day they will be unable to communicate normally. Perhaps they will be forced to speak in Haiku, or rhyming couplets. Maybe they will have to speak only using images. Perhaps they will not be able to use vowels. The effects will be determined by fate. (Or by the moderator)

To do this, PM Retro MG with the command INSANE: <Player>. The effect will last for one day. The player will gain a one-day immunity to the effect, so you may not target one player two days in a row.

You win when Mafia aligned players outnumber both Town and Neutral players put together.
Have fun!

Night Vale? Night Vale! My city, it's burning. The dragon is flying off into the distance. A Busty Tourist just ran past the studio, calling for her travel agent. We ejected Desert Bluffs, Night Vale, but at what cost?

UltraJay, aka Hiram McDaniels, a Literal Five Headed Dragon, has won the game!
Royal_Flush, AKA Steve Carlsberg, has failed to meet his win condition.
Desert Bluffs has been removed from Night Vale
Night Vale has won&#8230; but at what cost?

RetroMG

The Survivors

ScraftyDevil as Carlos, The Scientist

Welcome!

You are Carlos, the Scientist
WQI1DzL.jpg

(That means you are an Alignment Investigator)

You've come to Night Vale recently because it's the most scientifically interesting town in the United States, and you are determined to find out just what is going on around here.

You may investigate another player once every night to find out their alignment. To do this, PM RetroMG with Investigate: <Player>

Sorian as Dana Cardinal, Night Vale Public Radio Intern

Welcome!

You are Dana Cardinal, Night Vale Public Radio Intern
i7VGOcQ.png

(That means you are a Gossip)

With Cecil being so busy, your job at the station is to connect with the community. You like people, so this is great for you!

You will have access to another discussion board where you may discuss the game with other players ONLY during the night phase. To invite other players to the discussion, PM RetroMG during the day phase with Invite: <Player>. You may invite one player per day.

You may invite a maximum of three players, and if a player is killed after they have been successfully invited, they may not be replaced. If a player is killed during the same night phase as the invitation, then you may invite someone else the next day.

UltraJay as Hiram McDaniels, a Five Headed Dragon

Welcome!

You are Hiram McDaniels, and you are literally a Five Headed Dragon
TfUbDiA.png

(That means you are a neutral Serial Killer/Vigilante)

You are aligned with No One.

Okay, so you've made some mistakes in your life. Maybe you committed a little bit of identity theft. Maybe you committed a bit of Insurance Fraud. Sure, you tried to rig an election in your favor. Who hasn't? But these idiots in this ridiculous town won't let you be. Well, this is your chance to take them all out.

You may kill another player during the night phase by PMing RetroMG the command, KILL: Player

You have five heads, and they don't all agree. The red and blue heads want to kill the normal townsfolk. The gold and purple heads want to hunt down those Desert Bluffs Mafia Scum. The Green head wonders why we can't all just get along.

You may only kill two nights in a row. Every third night, your green head, (which is the pacifistic head,) will stop you from killing anyone.

You win when you have killed either three town players and one mafia player, or two mafia players and one town player. At this point, you will exit the game.

You are immune to the Mafia's night kills. Nothing will happen to you or them if they attempt to kill you. You are not, however, immune to their other night actions.

There is another player who is hunting for you. His role name is Steve Carlsberg. He has the ability to scan players to find out if they are you. He wins if you are killed by the town.

However, if he is killed by either the town or the mafia, the player who submits the last vote for him (or the kill vote, in the Mafia's case,) will receive one full investigation by the Sheriff's Secret Police. (That means they will get the full role PM for the player of their choice.)

TL21xx as John Peters, you know, the Farmer?

Welcome!

You are John Peters, you know, the Farmer?
fbak58b.png

(That means you are a Troublemaker)

You're a farmer, and that's all anyone ever seems to remember about you. But farming isn't all there is to your life. You have opinions. Strong Opinions. And you're a natural orator. People listen when you talk. At least, when you talk about other things than farming.

Once per game, you may trigger a double lynch in the next day phase. To do this, PM RetroMG during the night phase with Speech: <Player>

StanleyPalmtree as Michael Sandero, who grew a second head last year

Welcome!

You are Michael Sandero, who grew a second head last year
0YT0yss.png

(That means you are a Double Voter)

You grew up in Night Vale. You played for the local high school football team: The Night Vale Spider Wolves. Then you got hit by lightning last year. Suddenly, a few months later, boom! You grew a second head. No one knows why. They suspect the lightning may have had something to do with it.
But so what? So what if the other students stare at you like you're a freak? So what if your Mom likes the other head better than you, and posted as much on her public "Which of my children I like best" board she keeps outside of her house? You have a friend. A confidant. A partner.

You and your head can each vote, so you have an option to Double Vote. To do this, post Doublevote: <Player> in the thread. (Note: You can also singe vote by just posting Vote: <Player>.

You can doublevote as often as you like, but be aware that all of the other players can see when you do it, so the first time you use the ability, everyone will know.

Apologies to Royal_Flush. Yes, I lied when I said that the DoubleVote addition wasn't for Night Vale. It totally was.

Mike_Hawk as Pamela Winchell, Mayor of Night Vale

Welcome!

You are Pamela Winchell, Mayor of Night Vale
TmoCwNX.png

(That means you are a Governor)

You became Mayor of Night Vale when... well, what happened before you were mayor isn't important. You are Mayor now, and you want to keep this town safe...ish.

Rank has it's priveleges, though. Once per game, you may override all votes and choose one player to lynch. To do this, post Override: <Player> in the thread with the name of the player you wish to lynch. Be advised that this will end the day immediately.

Royal_Flush as Steve Carlsberg, the guy everyone hates

Welcome!

You are Steve Carlsberg, the guy everyone hates
bootsWx.png

(That means you are an idependent Lyncher)

You are aligned with No One

You don't know why everyone dislikes you so much. You're a good husband, and a good father. But the upside is that people tend not to pay attention to you, which made you the perfect choice for a secret mission for a vague, yet menacing, government agency.

They are looking for Hiram McDaniels. Hiram McDaniels is described as an eighteen-foot-tall, literal five-headed dragon weighing about 3,600 pounds. He is suspected of Identity Theft and Insurance Fraud. They want you to help them find him.

You may investigate another player once every night to find out if they are Hiram McDaniels. To do this, PM RetroMG with Investigate: <Player>

You win when Hiram McDaniels is lynched by the town. He cannot be killed by the Mafia.

Warning: The Citizens of Night Vale do not like you. If you are killed, a random lyncher (or mafia player, if done as a night kill) will recieve one free full investigation from the Sheriff's Secret Police. (This means they can have the full Role PM for anyone they want. The only information that will be redacted is the name of any additional Mafia Players.) If the Mafia kills you, whichever Mafia player submits the command will get it.

Hiram McDaniels is aware of this bounty.

Seath, Pop-o-Matic, AbsolutBro, Ty4on, and Gryvan as Ordinary Citizens of Night Vale

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale

(That means you aren't special enough to have a power role.)

Who knows what horrors drove you to this little desert community. You can make up your own story. I won't contradict you in front of the other radio personalities. Honest.

You do not have any actions. You can vote, though, and your vote is your power! Use it wisely, Listener.

And finally, RetroMG as Cecil Palmer

Good Night, Night Vale. Good Night.

RetroMG

Day 1:
Sorian invited Ty4on to Gossip Chat
Mazre invited Sorian to Gossip Chat
Town lynched Darklighter, an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale

Night 1:
UltrayJay burned Boo Boo'n an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale
Razmos killed Fireblend an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale
Karu cursed Ty4on to speak only in Haiku
Setre protected Sorian
ScraftyDevil investigated Sorian, who was Town
Royal_Flush checked Razmos, who was not Hiram McDaniels

Day 2:
Boo Boo'n burned in UltraJay's Fire
Sorian invited UltraJay to Gossip Chat
Mazre invited AbsolutBro to Gossip Chat
Town lynched Trigger, an Ordinary Citizen of Night Vale

Night 2:
UltraJay burned Mazre, AKA the Faceless Old Woman who lives in everyone's homes
Razmos attempted to kill UltraJay, but UltraJay was Night Kill Immune.
Karu cursed ScraftyDevil to only speak in Rhymes
Setre protected Sorian
ScraftyDevil investigated Mike_Hawk, who was Town
Royal_Flush checked Coppanuva, who was not Hiram McDaniels
TL21xx triggered his Speech Ability, leading to two lynches the next day.

Day 3:
Mazre burned in UltraJay's Fire
ScraftyDevil led the lynch against Razmos, AKA Kevin, host of Desert Bluffs Radio
Sorian led the lynch against Squidy, aka Lauren Mallard, Strexcorp VP
Due to Kevin's lynch, it was declared that the Scum team would have two kills the next night.
Sorian attempted to invite ScraftyDevil to Gossip Chat, but sent the command too late.

Night 3:
Karu killed Coppanuva, aka Tamika Flynn, Teenage Revolutionary
Karu also killed Setre, aka Old Woman Josie, who talks to Angels
Karu also cursed Sorian to speak only in Song Lyrics, but Sorian opted to take a roleblock instead.
UltraJay was unable to kill, due to his Green head being in control.
ScraftyDevil investigated Karu, who was revealed to be Mafia.
Setre protected Sorian
Royal_Flush checked Setre, who was not Hiram McDaniels.

Day 4:
Mike_Hawk override to lynch UnmaskedFerret

Night 4:
UltraJay Burned Karu, to complete his win condition and the game.

I told ya flushie was a neutral.

I swear, at this moment I realized why they call your stuff sickreads(TM). But I was not the SK, so I still didn't lie when I said you were wrong :p

On an unrelated note, if anyone is interested: The role PMs for Jay and myself are the old versions. We agreed that the investigation would be handed to a random player the voted for me if I would be lynched, so scum can't simply target the person that hammered me.

RetroMG

I swear, at this moment I realized why they call your stuff sickreads(TM). But I was not the SK, so I still didn't lie when I said you were wrong :p

On an unrelated note, if anyone is interested: The role PMs for Jay and myself are the old versions. We agreed that the investigation would be handed to a random player the voted for me if I would be lynched, so scum can't simply target the person that hammered me.

This is true. I fixed it for Royal, but I haven't for Jay. Never came up, anyway.

Top Bottom