• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Sorry Scrafty! ahaha

I kinda feel like I deserve an apology too Mike.

tumblr_msduummr7Q1ryk6kbo1_500.jpg

Sorian

Banned
It was Flush!

Damn, inside baseball everyone, I didn't push Ferret because I thought he was scum, I pushed him because I thought he was the neutral lyncher. When he backed down I figured he was ordinary but I didn't want to derail where the day was going by switching tracks onto someone else. So, sorry Ferret, also sorry to Scrafty, I know how frustrating that was for you but I was not going to back down. Jay provided a lot of assistance to us and I wasn't going to let him get a loss over people rushing when he could just have the kill instead.

You nailed Razmos and you nailed Karu, I am extremely thankful for both, you made this game for town and there is no denying that. That being said though, I did have to divert from you on day 4, it is what it is. I made a promise to Jay and I knew he was telling the truth.

squidyj

Not to diminish the accomplishments of some great town players but I have a hard time believing that scum ever wins a game with this setup, all things being equal.

It was Flush!

Damn, inside baseball everyone, I didn't push Ferret because I thought he was scum, I pushed him because I thought he was the neutral lyncher. When he backed down I figured he was ordinary but I didn't want to derail where the day was going by switching tracks onto someone else. So, sorry Ferret, also sorry to Scrafty, I know how frustrating that was for you but I was not going to back down. Jay provided a lot of assistance to us and I wasn't going to let him get a loss over people rushing when he could just have the kill instead.

You nailed Razmos and you nailed Karu, I am extremely thankful for both, you made this game for town and there is no denying that. That being said though, I did have to divert from you on day 4, it is what it is. I made a promise to Jay and I knew he was telling the truth.

Sorian Friend to the Neutrals and Sacrificer of Ferrets.

I'm not actually upset about this.

Sorian

Banned
Certainly most fortunate town.

I do need to publicly apologize to you. I skirted the line with what was ok to ask in gossip chat and that made your death come about easier. Maybe Ultra would have killed you anyway from all of the theories I was mulling around in Jerry's Tacos but it's hard to know and I know the win condition thing played a part in your death.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian Friend to the Neutrals and Sacrificer of Ferrets.

I'm not actually upset about this.

I unlocked two titles! It was fun playing with you, you have cast iron defense when you get accused. That's a great talent.

It looked a lot more balanced during setup.

I think scum needed one more member. I was starting to think there was only one left and I think I know why the numbers were why they were (the SK should have sided with scum since that win condition was "easier" since finding two scum would have been hard under more normal circumstances) but I think scum ended up with some weaker powers on their end. I would have maybe just split Razmos into two roles.

squidyj

I unlocked two titles! It was fun playing with you, you have cast iron defense when you get accused. That's a great talent.

I think scum needed one more member. I was starting to think there was only one left and I think I know why the numbers were why they were (the SK should have sided with scum since that win condition was "easier" since finding two scum would have been hard under more normal circumstances) but I think scum ended up with some weaker powers on their end. I would have maybe just split Razmos into two roles.

nah it was easier to kill scum and ally with town since sk was night immune. scum would have to find hiram and then have him lynched to stop the rampage. All the SK has to do is kill suspicious people 'every' night and he's likely to hit his entire win condition eventually (either way) and gain the support of town making him difficult to lynch.

The gossips were also unintentionally damaging to the scum team, it's very weird to think of there being 2 town-sided gossips in an unrestricted game. So it's very difficult for mazre to survive after gossips become public knowledge, regardless of a ngiht kill from ultrajay. If sorian dies he's confirmed town and now we have one confirmed town gossip and some other gossip.... 'so that guy is probably scum and man he's just a gossip anyway lets kill him'

It was Flush!

Why would you try to lynch Steve? If I lost when Jay wins, I'd be out anyway and if not, I'd win with town (I won't side with a crippled scum team!) Just say it, it's because of that government conspiracy I keep telling you about!

squidyj

I also don't really understand the thought process behind glow cloud...... the disruption in communication wasn't severe enough to, yknow, actually disrupt communication

and yet it couldn't be used on the same player twice in a row?
I'd rather just have a roleblock, thanks.

Well played, everyone. Sorry if I got a little frustrated near the end; I've been having a pretty crappy week and it wasn't fair for me to take it out on all of you.

Glad that things turned out like they did though; I rather enjoyed playing a town-aligned power role for the first time and hopefully I was able to play it well.

Sorian

Banned
Why would you try to lynch Steve? If I lost when Jay wins, I'd be out anyway and if not, I'd win with town (I won't side with a crippled scum team!) Just say it, it's because of that government conspiracy I keep telling you about!

Nah, I thought about it and figured that to get Jay his win we had to basically sit on our hands for a day. I thought about coming in here with a vote for no lynch to really throw things in an uproar but then Jay told me about Steve and I figured, let's try to lynch him, it's not a mislynch if you take out a neutral and it allows us the chance to get through a day without killing scum accidently. You can read through my gossip chat now, the whole case I built on Ferret was fake. I did build another post that had all of my thoughts on who could be scum going into day 4 but that one didn't get posted, I was holding it for day 5.

Sorian

Banned
Well played, everyone. Sorry if I got a little frustrated near the end; I've been having a pretty crappy week and it wasn't fair for me to take it out on all of you.

Glad that things turned out like they did though; I rather enjoyed playing a town-aligned power role for the first time and hopefully I was able to play it well.

You were spot on with your investigations (I'm never going to be able to win as scum, I'll always be investigated first). My advice does still stand though, mixing your hunches with confirmed investigations was going to be a headache if you ended up dead before claiming. This is really all your win though, I read the situation right then wrong then right again about you but you gunned for Razmos and then you found Karu. That was all great deduction.

Sorian

Banned
I also don't really understand the thought process behind glow cloud...... the disruption in communication wasn't severe enough to, yknow, actually disrupt communication

and yet it couldn't be used on the same player twice in a row?
I'd rather just have a roleblock, thanks.

Something I was confused on, did you know all of their roles too as the lost partner? If not, mighty big coincidence that you used the wolf cub as your scapegoat.

Ty4on

Retro in Mafia chat said:
Here are some fake roleclaims. All of these are actual characters from Night Vale who are not currently in the game.

Big Rico - Owner of Big Rico's Pizza
Josh Crayton - A Shapeshifter*
Okay so I have limited time and my internet is yet again not working. Few people have role claimed so why not me...

I'm Josh Crayton, son of Diane Crayton and I'm supposed to be a dumb high school student with shapeshifting abilities that allow me to become undetected by scum. Well sort of.

Basically I'm something different each night, and if scum targets me, it can have negative repercussions in whoever is carrying out the death depending on what I am on that night. That includes day killer or whoever the serial killer is. Which I have no idea why since I shapeshifr evey night but same days too? (Idk Retro plz...)

That's why I've been baiting scum since day 1, hoping they with target me and nope.

Yes, I am town sided. Beyond that, I don't have any other useful role beyond being a meatshield for town.

Sigh. ;_;

As I said before, scum knows who scum is.

squidyj

It's funny. There was a time I thought Absolutbro was the cop before I died because his argument against me was so incredibly poor I thought he was making shit up to cover for a check.

Something I was confused on, did you know all of their roles too as the lost partner? If not, mighty big coincidence that you used the wolf cub as your scapegoat.

Funny thing about that too. first of all I did not know their roles. second of all when I first poked at Razmos that was actually a read as I hadn't really read my PM at that point. I read my pm like late late late day 1.

Sorian

Banned
Funny thing about that too. first of all I did not know their roles. second of all when I first poked at Razmos that was actually a read as I hadn't really read my PM at that point. I read my pm like late late late day 1.

And here I am thinking that Fallout excuse was some weird cover.

Squidy x Razmos for OTP this season

Please don't leave Razmos, I saw your post in the mafia chat ;_;

squidyj

Fallout was way too real :(

But not reading my pm was on purpose, I actually regret reading it at all beyond "you are scum, you have no night action". It makes it so much harder to read people.

Sorian

Banned
I find this hard to believe.

I was originally not going to invite anyone. I thought Scrafty was the cop but wanted to see Razmos die to know for sure. After the day had ended but before the roles flipped, Razmos gave his evil monologue so I knew he was scum and sent the invite but since it wasn't day, Retro declined. Then the flip happened and I got confused because Razmos was immune to cops.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Congratulations by town, that was some good decisions.

I'm not sure they were iron clad, I was just being honest and I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to they could still pick me apart. Also It's really weird that more than once someone said I was playing well for a newbie, apparently not since everyone thought I was shady.

Mazre's role really should have been a watcher (also no Apache Tracker role Retro come on), sure the use of the scum chat could have been useful for finding Squidy but it really creates more risk than it's worth. Glow Cloud could have been a good cover type thing, where the kills are carried out by the townie who's possessed, so basically a framer I guess.

Doesn't this picture match Raz and Squidy almost, maybe if they actually had Squidy in the scum chat.

Razmos

Now that I now WHY Squidy was doing what he was doing I felt very stupid for getting so worked up, but to be fair I can't have expected that he would be gunning for me when he knew I was mafia, so I didn't consider the possibility.

I'll probably play again
just not with squidy *salty*

grats all NV players :D

game ended very early... too early for my liking, so my feedback to retro as i had said in the mod chat is that scum had needed more in their favour

but town had great luck and good players all around, so WELL DONE you denizens of some vaguely threatening town in america!!!

:>

razzie, i hope you come back to play some more. srsly~

EDIT: razzie, damn uuuuuu and ur timing ;____;

also razzie, i had asked retro but he couldnt provide a definitive answer but who's the man that the man in iron jacket is hugging in your avatar

also your avatar is *______*

my favourite this season :D

Razmos

also razzie, i had asked retro but he couldnt provide a definitive answer but who's the man that the man in iron jacket is hugging in your avatar

also your avatar is *______*

my favourite this season :D
It's Cecil and Carlos (a.k.a Retro and Scrafty :p)

I'd imagine Cecil has a blurred face because we have no idea what he looks like.

RetroMG

I was originally not going to invite anyone. I thought Scrafty was the cop but wanted to see Razmos die to know for sure. After the day had ended but before the roles flipped, Razmos gave his evil monologue so I knew he was scum and sent the invite but since it wasn't day, Retro declined. Then the flip happened and I got confused because Razmos was immune to cops.

I really seriously debated this. Sorian's request was juuuust after time, but close enough that I COULD still allow it. For one thing, I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, since Sorian and Scrafty have clashed on multiple occasions, whether it would be a fun firework show or if these two could actually team up.

I ultimately declined, because Sorian and Scrafty are both really strong players, and there was only one scum player left. As rough as watching the battle between these two titans was, I couldn't let them steamroll Karu, either.

Sorian

Banned
I really seriously debated this. Sorian's request was juuuust after time, but close enough that I COULD still allow it. For one thing, I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, since Sorian and Scrafty have clashed on multiple occasions, whether it would be a fun firework show or if these two could actually team up.

I ultimately declined, because Sorian and Scrafty are both really strong players, and there was only one scum player left. As rough as watching the battle between these two titans was, I couldn't let them steamroll Karu, either.

I wonder what would have happened if Scrafty had been there to read Jay's reveal to us. Probably my only regret now that I know everything. Would have changed the dynamic of this last day A LOT.

Sorian

Banned
I'm not sure they were iron clad, I was just being honest and I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to they could still pick me apart. Also It's really weird that more than once someone said I was playing well for a newbie, apparently not since everyone thought I was shady.

Mazre's role really should have been a watcher (also no Apache Tracker role Retro come on), sure the use of the scum chat could have been useful for finding Squidy but it really creates more risk than it's worth. Glow Cloud could have been a good cover type thing, where the kills are carried out by the townie who's possessed, so basically a framer I guess.

Doesn't this picture match Raz and Squidy almost, maybe if they actually had Squidy in the scum chat.

You are very good at deflecting. No matter what anyone said to you, you shrugged it away flawlessly. Yes, we kept thinking you were suspicious, but no one could really pin you down. If I wasn't dead set on lynching you that last day for reasons that were out of your control, I would have actually backed down again (I almost did but with Karu on the table, if I had backed down from you then Jay had no chance).

gryvan

So 50% of my farfetched theories were right!

Also the one person I was highly suspicious of which I was gonna say but because day ended early was ultrajay.

RetroMG

I wonder what would have happened if Scrafty had been there to read Jay's reveal to us. Probably my only regret now that I know everything. Would have changed the dynamic of this last day A LOT.

I kind of regret not doing it, but I felt bad for poor Karu. Also, at the time, I had no idea Scrafty was going to catch him.

Sorian

Banned
So 50% of my farfetched theories were right!

Also the one person I was highly suspicious of which I was gonna say but because day ended early was ultrajay.

gryvan, you had some of the most off the wall theories and then your last one that you didn't get to post was on point. I love it lol

I kind of regret not doing it, but I felt bad for poor Karu. Also, at the time, I had no idea Scrafty was going to catch him.

I bet if Scrafty had joined chat that she wouldn't have checked Karu. He was fairly low on all of our lists in that gossip chat, it might have made her think twice about it. It looks like she was going back and forth on 3 people.

Sorian

Banned
YNNNY had to do something to get mine going. Retro thought I had access then YNNNY did something and I did have access.

I have no idea what the behind the scenes look like.

Top Bottom