• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

HomerSimpson-Man said:
It's the greatest post this thread has ever made or will see.....so no.
homerav.jpg

Huggy

I'm surprised people here are that familiar with the movie It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.
Pleasantly surprised that is.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
[Nintex] said:
We discussed Metal Gear Touch quite some time ago and Metal Gear iPhone has been the running joke for 5 pages.
Oh well yeah, obviously.
But I never saw anyone make the connection of the exclamation point in the circle resembling a finger touching a screen.

tino

Banned
The length of this thread serves absolutely no one but to give a rush to Kojima. In that cse, I am happy to comply.

Zhengi

EmCeeGramr said:
http://i36.tinypic.com/9u9es7.jpg
"I suppose you want to know about the next Metal Gear. Well, here's a website for "MGST."

http://i33.tinypic.com/34i1lrn.jpg
"MGS COMING TO THE 360, WII, DS AND iPHONE! JUST FIGURE OUT WHAT THE T IS!"

http://i35.tinypic.com/11gip6q.jpg
http://i35.tinypic.com/10oqyd2.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/200xtmx.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/b493ee.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/jskmjd.jpg
"There it is! Quick, start digging and speculating! Meltdowns ahoy!"

"Hey, we already found something!"

http://i36.tinypic.com/wisj69.jpg

"...I can't read the signature!"

"Then keep posting, we're bound to find something!"

Holy *&$%@!!!

That was made of pure win! You the winner! :lol

j-wood

I think what we should really be discussing is how bad Konami's english is. That is a clear misuse of the article "A".

It should obviously read, "The next metal gear is..."

Come on Konami.

j-wood said:
I think what we should really be discussing is how bad Konami's english is. That is a clear misuse of the article "A".

It should obviously read, "The next metal gear is..."

Come on Konami.

All according to keikaku

(Keikaku means plan)

ataboada

minus_273 said:
Konami just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGS for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Konami has alienated an entire market with this move.

Konami, publicly apologize and cancel MGS for 360 or you can kiss your business goodby
:lol

Deegs

My guess would be that it means the next Metal Gear game (not MGS4 remember Kojima has said MGS4 is PS3 exclusive) is going multiplatform. This is something that has been hinted at and detailed much more heavily than a 360 version of MGS4. While anybody's guess is as good as mine at this point my belief is that Metal Gear____ or Metal Gear Solid 5 is coming to the 360 and the PS3. Its highly unlikely Metal Gear would become 360 exclusive especially after a very solid 3-4 million copies of MGS4 sold on the PS3 exclusively.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
minus_273 said:

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I’m an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It’s not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase MGS for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Konami has alienated an entire market with this move.

Konami, publicly apologize and cancel MGS for 360 or you can kiss your business goodby

Um. Are you being serious?

DarkJC

Deegs said:
My guess would be that it means the next Metal Gear game (not MGS4 remember Kojima has said MGS4 is PS3 exclusive) is going multiplatform. This is something that has been hinted at and detailed much more heavily than a 360 version of MGS4. While anybody's guess is as good as mine at this point my belief is that Metal Gear____ or Metal Gear Solid 5 is coming to the 360 and the PS3. Its highly unlikely Metal Gear would become 360 exclusive especially after a very solid 3-4 million copies of MGS4 sold on the PS3 exclusively.

Include a picture of a power symbol with exclamation marks and watch GAF go nuts.

I'm not making a claim of anything, and in fact I think it's likely if there is another Metal Gear game, it'll be a multiplatform game, but I don't see anything in this "info" that tells us or hints at anything at all.

Like everyone was saying at the beginning of this thread: My monitor has a power symbol that lights up green when I turn it on...I think the next Metal Gear is going to be for my monitor!

minus_273 said:

:lol

Stitch said:
like a puppet on strings that gets shot at with a peashooter

Or a human being being shot near close range with an automated high caliber assault rifle in a videogame.

Just seeing the character actually react to every hit, even in the ass, while having inverse kinetics kick in as you see him actually attempt to reposition his legs is just amazing, especially considering the standard is ragdolls that go flying legs and arms in nutty positions being the norm.

EmCeeGramr said:
9u9es7.jpg

"I suppose you want to know about the next Metal Gear. Well, here's a website for "MGST."

34i1lrn.jpg

11gip6q.jpg

10oqyd2.jpg

200xtmx.jpg

b493ee.jpg

jskmjd.jpg

wisj69.jpg

You've used my all-time favourite 5-minutes of Simpsons ever in a gaming thread. You, sir, have earned whatever reward comes your way.

gkryhewy

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Or a human being being shot near close range with an automated high caliber assault rifle in a videogame.

Just seeing the character actually react to every hit, even in the ass, while having inverse kinetics kick in as you see him actually attempt to reposition his legs is just amazing, especially considering the standard is ragdolls that go flying legs and arms in nutty positions being the norm.

...wrong thread?

QuickSilverD said:
Ok 54 pages already. Did GAF reached a consensus regarding A Next Metal Gear?

We know that it'll likely run on a device with a power symbol on it, and that the letter 'T' may or may not be the beginning of a word in the game's title.

I think we're close to cracking this one.

Stitch

Gold Member
HomerSimpson-Man said:

well, no.
it looks much better in left 4 dead.

minus_273 said:

:lol Nicely done.

Shiggie

EmCeeGramr said:
9u9es7.jpg

34i1lrn.jpg

11gip6q.jpg

10oqyd2.jpg

200xtmx.jpg

b493ee.jpg

jskmjd.jpg

wisj69.jpg

You deserve a blow job. that was so sexy.

Top Bottom