• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We're all floating down here, first pic of Pennywise

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntChum

Of course Tim Curry's Pennywise seems the creepier one; his entire portrayal has had 26 years to embed itself in our collective psyche. All we have of this new iteration is a promotional image. IMO, he looks just as much like a clown as Tim Curry did, and that is all I can reasonably conclude from the image.

retroman

I did a google image search for creepiest clown ever.

The 'evil' looking ones tried too hard to look scary, which automatically makes them not scary at all. The most unsettling ones are the clowns that look just a bit 'off':

Creepiest-clown-ever.jpg

6-5-top-5-the-scariest-clowns-ever-jpeg-271532.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-07-21-at-03.28.07-e1405948026579.jpeg

I think they're scarier because their intent is unknown, and the fear of the unknown is stronger than the fear of a one-dimensional, obviously evil murderous clown from hell.

Let's hope the creators of this remake realize this.

hokahey

I did a google image search for creepiest clown ever.

The 'evil' looking ones tried too hard to look scary, which automatically makes them not scary at all. The most unsettling ones are the clowns that look just a bit 'off':

Creepiest-clown-ever.jpg

6-5-top-5-the-scariest-clowns-ever-jpeg-271532.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-07-21-at-03.28.07-e1405948026579.jpeg

I think they're scarier because their intent is unknown, and the fear of the unknown is stronger than the fear of a one-dimensional, obviously evil murderous clown from hell.

Let's hope the creators of this remake realize this.

This is such a great post. And exactly why the best horror movies never tell you why horrible things are happening. Like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The unknown is always worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom