• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

FluxWaveZ

This makes no sense. A vig is going to target whoever they think is scum. A role claim is not a guarantee that someone is town, as we saw pre-reboot.

Yes, that's also why I don't agree with his role claim and why I think it was highly unnecessary. There's nothing to prove that Zipped is who he claims to be, and this potential Vig. could just shoot him regardless.

I was simply rephrasing what Zipped stated.

Timeaisis

Yes, that's also why I don't agree with his role claim and why I think it was highly unnecessary. There's nothing to prove that Zipped is who he claims to be, and this potential Vig. could just shoot him regardless.

I was simply rephrasing what Zipped stated.

I mean, he might as well have said "hey Vig, I'm town so don't shoot me"

CzarTim

I'm not trying to "throw" suspicion on him. You asked me who I was suspicious of and I told you. I also said it's not for any concrete reason. This is infuriating. You guys constantly ask for everyone's reads, even if they aren't strong, and then when they aren't strong enough you jump.

There's a better way to play this game.

RE: Zipped and his claim. Timing was bad. He could have just laid low with that role the entire game and we'd be none the wiser. But he claimed today. What does that mean? He had only like two people who were suspect of him, anyway, so it wasn't like he really needed to roleclaim. So why did he do it? Who the hell knows. Anyway, there's an easy enough way to ascertain if he's actually a watcher: someone's gotta target him today without telling him. Of course, tomorrow he'd need to reveal that information and the person who targeted him has got to be OK with revealing themselves as a PR who targeted Zipped. The disadvantage here, is it'd require another softclaim. And it would require us to trust 2nd player.

I'm not quite ready for that yet, but it's worth noting. I do think zipp's claim is suspect but since we have a way of (sort of) verifying him I'm not willing to flip him just yet.

This might confirm his role, but not his alignment.

Rats you went from voting for GLT yesterday to not mentioning him today. What are your thoughts there?

My feelings on him haven't changed, but they weren't particularly strong in the first place. It would be really nice if he'd post so I could get a better read on him.

batsnacks

I didn't want to do this today but I am concerned the village is off track and that our situation will not improve without a better understanding of what's going on.

I am a village aligned witch. [/]I have two one-shot abilities, resurrect and kill. I think Time had this role in the previous game.

N1 I could have saved Drop, Terrabyte, or Ultron. I thought saving Drop was too dangerous/obvious. I felt confident Ultron was village-aligned and thought that village-aligned sleepwalkers might mess with the wolves somehow; why else would someone go for Ultron the first night? I saved ultron.

D2 cabot posts this:
A good doctor protects role claims in people he/she trusts, otherwise he/she protects people who he believe are good for town or read as a PR.

Not protecting a confirmed townie via public role, with no other official claims on the table is terrible play. Absolutely terrible.

That's all I'll say.
I don't see much use in protecting sleepwalkers.
I interpreted this as cabot having too much information to be village-aligned. I assumed cabot was a wolf and knew that ultron was saved. I assumed cabot was openly criticizing the ultron save because wolves had some kind of watcher role on Drop and were trying to intercept healing roles. By saving ultron, I would have averted this plan.

N2 I killed cabot for reasons above. Sorry cabot :(

D3 -burbeting posts a question "what if cabot saved someone night 1?" I also posted some quotes by Cabot that were deliberately out of context, making it seem like Cabot did save a sleepwalker. Immediately jumping on this "Cabot saved someone night 1" narrative are Fireblend and flux. Only wolves, and myself, should know that someone was saved on the first night. So that is why I am lynching flux or Fireblend today.

You can't be serious...

vote: Xamtheking

I'm not neutral, I am town.

You are acting even more anti-town today. I think you might be scum, especially since you were looking for me to confirm your role (which even if I would do that it wouldn't confirm your role, just that you did stuff)

So that's why I am voting for you, I think you are scum and this newbie "act" is just to try and give you outs when you post.

I'm not neutral, I am town.

You are acting even more anti-town today. I think you might be scum, especially since you were looking for me to confirm your role (which even if I would do that it wouldn't confirm your role, just that you did stuff)

So that's why I am voting for you, I think you are scum and this newbie "act" is just to try and give you outs when you post.

Now that you've roleclaimed, I don't see any issues that would be caused by you confirming if you were visited by Ultron or Xamtheking, seeing as it would potentially support their claims, and your claim, without accidentally outing anyone else.

batsnacks

Bat, please explain why you felt saving drop was too obvious/dangerous? What was the thought process exactly.
I explained it in that post. I thought if wolves had a watcher role they would be watching Drop. The two sleepwalker claims on the first day made me believe they had some kind of role like that.

Now that you've roleclaimed, I don't see any issues that would be caused by you confirming if you were visited by Ultron or Xamtheking, seeing as it would potentially support their claims, and your claim, without accidentally outing anyone else.

How many others feel the same way if I reveal anything about sleepwalkers?

CzarTim

I explained it in that post. I thought if wolves had a watcher role they would be watching Drop. The two sleepwalker claims on the first day made me believe they had some kind of role like that.

But you had two 1-shots? You'd be able to use both no matter what. That's what I don't get.

Burbeting

Banned
Bats, why did you use your both 1-shots immediately? The game has enormous amount of players for now, so the possibility you kill a scum or heal the right person might be quite low, compared to late-game.

batsnacks

But you had two 1-shots? You'd be able to use both no matter what. That's what I don't get.
I also thought ultron's role would mess with them somehow. Why else would they target him on the first night? I also considered that ultron might be an investigative role and lied about the sleepwalker claim.

Timeaisis

Why Ultron, though? I know you trust him, and that's absolutely fine. But why protect Ultron on night 1? You're either very sure he's town or you know something we don't.

FluxWaveZ

D3 -burbeting posts a question "what if cabot saved someone night 1?" I also posted some quotes by Cabot that were deliberately out of context, making it seem like Cabot did save a sleepwalker. Immediately jumping on this "Cabot saved someone night 1" narrative are Fireblend and flux. Only wolves, and myself, should know that someone was saved on the first night. So that is why I am lynching flux or Fireblend today.

Er, you might want to go back and actually read the conversation about what cabot did or did not do on N1, because what Burbeting suggested and what I agreed with was the opposite.

batsnacks

This means we are averaging 3 nks, which is not good. But I am thinking it's scum / sk / vig.
Night 1 - 3 kills that weren't me
Night 2 - 2 kills that weren't me

Flux also hinted at wolves having a double kill "ability." He quoted what I said about wolves possibly having 2 kills every night and reworded It as an "ability." That was the other strike I had against him.

FluxWaveZ

Er, you might want to go back and actually read the conversation about what cabot did or did not do on N1, because what Burbeting suggested and what I agreed with was the opposite.

Wait, adding to this: I don't think your logic holds. We were specifically discussing why Drop died on N1 when, from what cabot stated, he would have defended him as the doctor.

What I initially agreed with was that he was criticizing himself, for thinking that Drop wouldn't be targeted and managed to save someone else, which is why there were 2 deaths and not 3. But then what Burbeting stated was that there was this "strongman" role that can somehow bypass cabot's ability or that he was roleblocked, which is another possibility.

Warxard

Banned
I didn't want to do this today but I am concerned the village is off track and that our situation will not improve without a better understanding of what's going on.

I am a village aligned witch. [/]I have two one-shot abilities, resurrect and kill. I think Time had this role in the previous game.

N1 I could have saved Drop, Terrabyte, or Ultron. I thought saving Drop was too dangerous/obvious. I felt confident Ultron was village-aligned and thought that village-aligned sleepwalkers might mess with the wolves somehow; why else would someone go for Ultron the first night? I saved ultron.

Saving falls under what the 'ressurect' one shot can do, right? Just want to clarify.

Burbeting

Banned
I have to say, I doubt Ultron was targeted by scum on first night. He was almost lynched during the first day, and I doubt that the scum would want to eliminate a possible easy lynch.

Swamped

Banned
This means that there were in fact three kills on N1, none of which batsnacks was involved with.
There were 3 kills on N2 too, but at least one of them is accounted for (batsnacks)
I'm leaning towards there being a vig in play.
That still means that there is another killing force apart from wolf kill. Maybe it's true that on some nights the wolves can kill twice (perhaps odd nights?). Or maybe a 3p who kills on odd nights. Or maybe Cabot successfully saved someone N2. This is confusing.

I can see where batsnacks is going with his logic though.

Timeaisis

Wait, this doesn't add up.

If bats killed cabot yesterday, that leaves 2 NKs from a combination of scum or our vig/SK.

But N1 we had two kills, one from scum, one from vig on TB and one other kill on Ultron that was saved by bats.

Where did that other kill go tonight? Unless there's another witch that used their one-shot on N1.

Fireblend

Banned
Wolves being able to NK twice sounds excessive to me, but maybe Palmer thought it'd work out fine in a ~30 player game. Whether that's the case or not, we should assume that's what's happening just to deal with the worst case scenario instead of hoping there's a blind SK who might hit scum.

FluxWaveZ

He gets a list of the nk targets and gets to choose one to keep alive.

Yeah, reading the description for the first game's "Witch," he should get a list at dawn.

Something's sketchy about this role claim. Have to reread these recent replies instead of glossing.

Wait, this doesn't add up.

If bats killed cabot yesterday, that leaves 2 NKs from a combination of scum or our vig/SK.

But N1 we had two kills, one from scum, one from vig on TB and one other kill on Ultron that was saved by bats.

Where did that other kill go tonight? Unless there's another witch that used their one-shot on N1.

Burbeting was saved during Night 2, so we had 4 kill actions.

About the Witch's resurrect:
Does the target who would have been NK'ed know he was saved by a Witch, or do they just not receive anything

Top Bottom