• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what a suprise psn is down AGAIN

• Thread starter Queen of Hunting
  • Start date

shandy706

In this thread. I learned that the number 10 is also the same number as 15.

The count taught me nothing from Sesame Street, thanks.

Pay closer attention next time.

SecondaryLinearFlyingsquirrel.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
put some effort in it stupid ponies :p
this is the money sony needs to get psn working
dezedan.jpg

but all jokes aside.. it is rather sad that every time psn in on gaf it's negative

You're saying XBL is down as often as PSN?

Show me the weekly "XBL is down again" threads.

Show me the weekly PSN is down threads. It's barely been down but people still cling to the old reputation PSN has got from when it wasn't as good as it is today.

You don't even use PSN and have no experience as to how it actually is so please go away.

GeNoMe

Nooooo, just got home from work. Was looking forward to getting my hands on Rocket League. :(

Need to deploy more of them stability updates, but this time to the network rather than the console. :p

I'm in the same boat brah, I managed to download the game earlier today. But when I try to start a online match, it just says that there are no servers available. So even if you managed to download it...you still can't play. :/

jax

Banned
Weird, I just signed into FFXIV on my computer with zero issues.

I mean on PS4. Even though FFXIV doesn't use PSN servers there is still a handshake involved somewhere that makes it so you can't play FFXIV on PS4 when PSN is down. So even people who don't pay for PSN are screwed too. It's pretty bad advertisement for a service to say the least.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Realistically, can companies actually do anything to curtail DDoS attacks? I'm ignorant on the subject, but it does seem like they're almost unstoppable?

I thought they can mitigate them with more datacenters to shift user data around? Isn't that why Xbox recovered after 20 something minutes and PSN took 12 (?) hours during the last large DDOS attack?

LAM09

I'm in the same boat brah, I managed to download the game earlier today. But when I try to start a online match, it just says that there are no servers available. So even if you managed to download it...you still can't play. :/

The severs for the game are currently down.

It's worth the $4's for the 6 games a month they give you.

Nope. I wish my online subscription dollars was going towards online infrastructure and not "free" games I may or may not want. I now have a ton of games I may never play, and worse online service to show for it.

Mentok

Banned
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16560-1379545054-2.gif

Seriously, people complain more about what games are free than on the fact that the service is down as often as it is. Sure, it's not "lengthy", but some of us don't have unlimited time to game, so that downtime does cut into it.

put some effort in it stupid ponies :p
this is the money sony needs to get psn working
dezedan.jpg

but all jokes aside.. it is rather sad that every time psn in on gaf it's negative

You must be forgetting all the years old people lauding ps+ as the second coming of Christ due to the free games.

I swear I'm not trying to troll here. I thought it was $15 a month cause that's how much it was when I paid for it. At the current price point I'm not surprised it's down so often.

Plus, isn't XBLG $15/month? Is it that unreasonable of a mistake to make?

15x12 months = $180 a year.

If you were willing to pay that at one point I wish I had met you when I was trying to sell my '91 Honda, lol

I swear I'm not trying to troll here. I thought it was $15 a month cause that's how much it was when I paid for it. At the current price point I'm not surprised it's down so often.

I'm almost 100% sure PS Plus has NEVER been $15 a month. And I'm pretty sure the XBL $15 a month thing was only if you went with the promotion that gave you an Xbox 360 for $99 but you paid $15 a month for live.

Again, I don't have PSN so the only thing I have to go by are these threads, which seem to pop up once a week at least. It may not be 50%, but one day a week is still unacceptable.
Huh. So you're just uninformed eh? When exactly was it that you were subscribed?

Meffer

This is one out of two days I have off in the week and this is the day of all days to be down. It's not fair.

Spukc

You must be forgetting all the years old people lauding ps+ as the second coming of Christ due to the free games.

nah only thing that ticks me off is .
that psn being paid seems worse then it was when free....

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They need to have better mechanisms in place to detect and auto-scale much faster/more efficiently. Perhaps(?)

Boke1879

This is the problem with these threads. Someone has a legit gripe that part of the service isn't working. Then it just fuels trolls and others to just shit up the thread.

Harlock

Worst thing is that you can even play Netflix or Youtube. If the PSN can't staty online at least make you don't have to login to use streaming services. And imagine that if you have a small kid watching cartoons.

Spukc

oh and steam gives me 20MB/s
blizzard gives me 20MB/s

sony give me a lousy 1MB/s
all wired...

Kinsella

Banned
My PS4 is able to download patches but it can't connect to Destiny. It's a shame that choosing the PS4 meant I also chose PSN.

nah only thing that ticks me off is .
that psn being paid seems worse then it was when free....

More options would be nice. The free games have never been my thing 'cause I either own them already, aren't into them, or they're day 1 and I'd rather just "own" them straight up for one reason or another or be able to buy them when I see them on a really good sale.

Since we're fully in the era of paying for online play at all, a $10 a year plan for only online play would make the downtime and the problems with the few online games I play, and am subbed for, an easier pill to swallow.

It seems to be happening a lot. I don't have first-hand experience but "PSN is down" threads are much more frequent than "Steam is down" or "XBL is down" threads.

jelly

Maybe much of the plus money has been invested in PS Now that also charges it's own fee. Ha, you thought your sub was making PSN better, we lied.

Spukc

More options would be nice. The free games have never been my thing 'cause I either own them already, aren't into them, or they're day 1 and I'd rather just "own" them straight up for one reason or another or be able to buy them when I see them on a really good sale.

Since we're fully in the era of paying for online play at all, a $10 a year plan for only online play would make the downtime and the problems with the few online games I play, and am subbed for, an easier pill to swallow.

agreed.

Persona7

Banned
Holy crap I can't even play flOw. I didn't PSN was required to play it.

All your games are locked until you go into the menu and activate your PS4. I can't remember the exact process but it happened to me when PSN went down and it locked all my games. I have no idea why it doesn't automatically activate your stuff.

tearsofash

I wish they could've coordinated with the FFXIV maintenence because now my frothing demand for the new update increases and I can't take it anymore. This means I might have to go outside for once this week and I don't know if I can handle that. I'm freaking out.

Hystzen

What I meant was, I don't pay for PS+

I do rely on the service to be up to play games on PS4, such as FFXIV, which even though it doesn't rely on PSN servers, it's still down with the ship.

That's because a FFXIV account is linked to your PSN ID. It why if you forget your SE login details or want to use a different SE ID you can't unless you jump through 90 different hoops

iNvid02

you ungrateful people, jax here is trying to entertain you for free while your paid service has gone down (again!) and you all want his head. for shame neo giraffe, for shame

Top Bottom