• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What anime based games do you wish existed? (also anime game recommendations)

Malyse

By which I mean games adapted from anime (or manga, not being picky), not games that have an anime aesthetic or were adapted into anime. Valkyrie Drive and Senran Kagura don't count.

I think that it would be great if CyberConnect took the engine for the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games and did My Hero Academia with it.

I also would love both a Monster Hunter Pretty Cure as well as a Dragon Ball Xenoverse style game, where you were tasked with protecting the timeline from outside interference (though on second consideration, a Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Xenoverse would work better, being of a single continuity).

Lastly, I would love a new One Piece Pirate Warriors cause those games were great. I hope the rumors of Bamco killing the series are just that.

As for recommendations, aside from the aforementioned Ultimate Ninja, Pirate Warriors, and Xenoverse, I would say that Magical Battle Arena (not Festa) and Magical Battle Arena NEXT are great.

------

A lot of y'all missing the point by just putting your favorite anime. Put a title and a genre please.

And joke answers aren't as funny as you think they are.

PantsuJo

Kill la Kill action game.

Made by Platinum.

The biggest amount of blood, enemies on screen and naked dudes/ladies ever made.

Please.

KLK action game coulda been cool

I recommend these to any YYH fan
14473989_214656078939790_3402348524954714112_n.jpg

Speely

Banned
I could go for a team-based Akame Ga Kill Hero Slasher with a co-op beast-hunting mode.

You know, a realistic and easy request. :p

My current anime game wish if we could somehow get an original project that served as like... JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3.5, 4.5, or 5.5. They already mined most of the idea of a crossover for what it was worth with Eyes of Heaven, where with an original title they could just go absolutely insane while fleshing out the story of the old universe some more.

An open world One Piece game would be fantastic.

Yep, I've been wanting an open world sandbox one piece game ever since I became familiar with the series. Being able to create your own one piece character and become the pirate king sounds like an amazing thing.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I want a real remake of the Saturn Blue Destiny Trilogy. The PS3 remake compilation compresses everything too much.

But that story is fantastic and the third part was never adapted into manga or novel form, only 1 and 2. I would love to see that with modern style.

I think that it would be great if CyberConnect took the engine for the Naruto Ultimate Ninja games and did My Hero Academia with it.

I mean you already took my #1 choice! I want my My Hero Academia Ultimate Hero Storm game.

But really I would want all my favourite anime get a good game game. I would really like a My My Hero Academia warrior or a My Hero Academia SRPG ala Bleach 3rd phantom. A My Hero Academia Fighting game would be cool too, ala Guilty Gear.

So other then MHA, I would really like a an SRPG(ala Stella Glow or Bleach 3rd phantom) for Seraph of the End or Twin start Exorcist.

As for good anime games recommendation, the recent Digimon cyber sleuth is great and I am hyped for Digimon next order.

Zakalwe

Banned
Guyver.

Always wanted a 2D pixel fighter. Charge your bar and Bio Boost. Or anything with The Guyver.

God damn it it will never happen.

Peroroncino

Hellsing

gZ0Hq1.gif

Just thinking about this makes me giggle with excitement.

Full Metal Alchemist with some innovative combat mechanics based on alchemy could also be good.

Malyse

Also, I would love another Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Maybe give the localization team a budget this go round too.

Not surprised at the lack of Sword Art Online mentions.

RalchAC

Open world Gintama game by the Saint Row devs with some decent melee combat. Gintoki, Kagura and Shinpachi's glasses as playable characters.

An open world One Piece game would be fantastic.

Yeah, seriously. An open world game with sailing would be great, especially with all the crazy islands that you can find in the OP world.

Also, I would love another Digimon Cyber Sleuth. Maybe give the localization team a budget this go round too.

Not surprised at the lack of Sword Art Online mentions.

Me too. Digimon Cyber Sleuth battle system fell apart after a while, but it was a really cool game with super clean graphics and a lot of Digimon fan service. A sequel with an improved battle system would be a day one purchase for me.

Zero no Tsukaima Tactical RPG would be my dream.

Yes please. Actually, I'd take pretty much anything to bring attention back to this series and for it to get a full proper anime adaptation lol.

I'd also take a "Danmachi/Is is wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon" first person dungeon crawler. Hell, I don't even like the genre but I'd take this in a heartbeat. Can't see why it couldn't happen even though shows like thus typically only get cheap visual novels, but if sting and experience are able to get by making dungeon crawlers that sell the same as those then there shouldnt be too much risk in a game like this.

RalchAC

And a Cowboy Bebop TPS with stylish melee combat, where you travel through the solar system looking for fortune. I wouldn't mind if it was open world or a more focused experience like Mass Effect.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Kill la Kill action game.

Made by Platinum.

The biggest amount of blood, enemies on screen and naked dudes/ladies ever made.

Please.

I would actually prefer an Arksys Kill La Kill fighting game and instead have Platinum work on a Gurren Lagaan action game.

Just imagine playing the final fight in that show.

Top Bottom