• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What anime based games do you wish existed? (also anime game recommendations)

Nachos

Bleach.

tumblr_melbcoxyib1ruuu4oo1_500.gif
It has like 50, though.

kitsuneyo

That kind of defeats the fun of One Punch Man.

But you could play as Genos. Have a cool battle system involving him, and once the boss fight health is low enough, have a QTE that's impossible to do succesfully so he's beaten badly and then Saitama appears, dodges some punches and finishes the battle with one punch.

It could be a fun parody of God of War.

Ok, that is a better idea than mine.

And a Cowboy Bebop TPS with stylish melee combat, where you travel through the solar system looking for fortune. I wouldn't mind if it was open world or a more focused experience like Mass Effect.

I was about to suggest mass effect in a cowboy bebop universe. First thing to pop into my mind.

Trigun would work well in a borderlands type setting.

Samurai 7 and samurai champloo could be badass jade empire type game

Open world cel shaded Akira game based off the manga

A REAL Gantz game. 75% action 25% Persona like relationship builder in between missions

Lynx_7

Imagine a game where you could use Luffy's abilities to quickly travel all over the place. Oh man, if only...

You know what, I never really thought about it like that but now that you mentioned it Luffy spider-maning his way through the environments could actually be pretty cool, both for exploration and some light platforming elements.

Man why does Japan gotta be so cheap with their anime licenses. It's one of their biggest IPs, come on :(

E-flux

I want a good game though !

Soul resurrection was pretty good, though most of the characters had a lacking move set.

Ichigo(12)-620x.jpg

I'd love to see a Mellowlink game, imagine how awesome it would be to be in a post apocalyptic world hunting mechs with an anti tank rifle and a bunch of gadgets and explosives.
yi7gyLk.jpg

Rise of a Ninja and Broken Bond are kind of open world. Rise of a Ninja is very limited as an open world, but The Broken Bond is pretty much an open world game.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Akame ga Kill because unlike Kill la Kill it actually has a good story :p

If it's gameplay only I would probably say claymore

Tudor

Only one answer for me, a new Hunter x Hunter game.

Another vote for this, even a fighter with a VN style plot to drive it would be acceptable (they could even be lazy and call it HxH Heavens Arena).

That said a fully fleshed out RPG would be amazing if difficult to accomplish while remaining true-ish to the original atmosphere, but if it could be done then I'd be down for that day 0.

luulubuu

Inferno Cop

A game like South Park: SOT with exploration and turn based combat, if you don't know the anime, it was an animated series made by Studio TRIGGER.

Little Witch Academia

Open world ARPG with potions, lots of action and the ability of vertical exploration flying.

You know what? Any anime from TRIGGER can be a great game

BTHR Zero X

Bleach: Soul Resurrección was awesome! I loved it just a grind to get the Characters to decent/fun levels.

I would love a second one or one where you play as basic Soul Reapers working under Captians/Big Name Characters and Fighting to make you Squad the best in the kingdom.

Also OP look at the Videos for Bleach: Soul Resurrección you may like it.

Madao

it's not cheating the OP if we mention anime/manga that already have games but mention a game we wish existed ina genre that hasn't been tried yet.

otherwise, a lot of posts already here wouldn't be valid.

Jojo would have many possibilities depending on which part you focus on since some of them go for different genres. like, Jojo Part 4 game would be like a game where you have to track and find out about misterious stuff happening in the town while Part 3 would be more like a RPG and part 1 could be an adventure game.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'll never rest from saying this: I need a 'Monster' visual novel with different paths. For real. And I'm not even a VN player but man, if it would not be cool to have...

For me:

2d-plane Hunter X Hunter fighting game.
3d Berserk fighting game (soul Calibur team).
Vampire Hunter D action game.

Side ones would be CC2 using their engine to make a 2d Naruto game.
A 2d Ninja Scroll fighting game.
Open world Akira game.
Golden Boy RPG.

DrD

I want a proper one for the current Naruto series. Have a character creator and explore the world, do missions with friends, compete etc

Like this but in CC2's artstyle and less grinding.

I always thought a proper open world Naruto RPG had a ton of potential. Character creator, choose which of the 5 main villages you start in, put points into ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu, minor skill points into things like strength, speed, and intellect, create your own techniques, missions that have their own complex stories with various outcomes, you can even choose to become a rogue ninja where your own village becomes hostile, at high level you can become a kage if you followed a good path or a member of Akatsuki if you went for a dark path.

Wild Card

A new Open World Naruto game would be pretty cool, but I also want a 2D fighter and a proper RPG, with leveling and battle system, that sounds great.

Dio

Banned
Anyone in here think about what if someone made a xianxia-based game?

I'd play a Martial World game or something like that.

Hell, a lot of xianxia stories even have items in them that allow a character to get 'reborn' anyway so you could handwave 'respawning.' Hell, there are often clearly defined levels and 'breakthroughs' and power levels too!

Top Bottom