• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What anime based games do you wish existed? (also anime game recommendations)

I want a proper one for the current Naruto series. Have a character creator and explore the world, do missions with friends, compete etc

afb53f23af7cd4f244bd482816eb65a216.png

Like this but in CC2's artstyle and less grinding.

Oh, I see what you mean and I think I'd play it. To be fair when you say "Naruto open world game" the first thing that came to my mind were those 360 games, but an open world game based on the series as you suggest would be great.

blamite

Just... some Trigger/Platinum game, of any kind. Kill La Kill, LWA, Luluco, something new, whatever. It's just a perfect match.

BDGAME

E5CU-large.jpg

Street Fighter II Victory

You will never watch a movie anime of a game better than that serie.

It's perfect and a must see!

Uzzy

Ghost in the Shell as a team based RPG, where you play as Section 9 and investigate cyber-crimes while uncovering and combating an overarching conspiracy. So, you know, mimicking the format of Stand Alone Complex.

Also this

Black Lagoon by Rockstar

Open world Roanapur with the ability to travel to neighboring islands on a boat. TPS mechanics like Max Payne 3. Doing jobs for the various groups (Hotel Moscow, Hong Kong Triad, etc) with a reputation system, maybe even something like the nemesis system in place. Chatting up other criminals at the bar in between missions.

singhr1

Everyone wanting Platinum to make a game adaption out of their favorite anime like Kill La Kill forget the last three licensed anime/cartoon games Platinum produced ranged from absurdly terrible to mediocre.

You know the Anime studios/publishers can't afford Platinum's A-team.

Get like Koei Tecmo to do Kill La Kill. It'll be fun but mediocre like Attack on Titan but filled with good fan service.

It will never happen considering how unpopular the anime is, but I would really wish a Flip Flappers video game existed. If anything, it works better as a video game than an anime. Imagine exploring different worlds for each different level with an overarching plot tying everything together. Could work very well as a 3D platformer or a Genre mashup like the series itself.

kibKLf8.jpg

Mushi-shi

An atmospheric game with a semi open world where you travel as a Mushi-shi who investigates phenomena and attempts to help those affected by the mushi. Give me some beautiful Japanese inspired landscapes and an achingly powerful soundtrack to give me the feels.

Byvar

I would absolutely adore a Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind RPG with visuals like Ni no Kuni II. The story of the blue-clad one is perfect for RPG format, and even if it isn't that, if it follows completely new characters, anything in that world would be amazing.
Sadly, Miyazaki hates video games since the previous Nausicaä games, so he'll never let game devs even touch his masterpiece.

Rurouni Kenshin could be a good fit for an RPG too. And yes, definitely One Piece.

silva1991

Hunter x fucking Hunter

ever since early 2000 and I always wanted a good HxH game :/

Most arcs can easily make a great game if done right especially the early and the ants arcs.

Lupin the 3rd x Hitman

Instead of straight killing, you're staking places out, planning routes and managing characters in multiple roles to land a heist. And if you cause too much alarm, Zenigata starts looking for your around the map.

Evilisk

It's Fairy Tail Musou. To me there's no other perfect fit. Fairy Tail's already got a kickass Celtic-Rock soundtrack and a truckload of characters (which IMO, is what you really need in a Musou title). Even the character's powers in FT (where everyone specializes only in one magic like "gun magic", "card magic", ice make magic") seems like it was perfectly tailored for a Musou game.

Goldboy

Claymore Souls? Claymore Souls.

Lol, this reminds me of a time way back in the day when I invaded a player named 'Claymore Clare' in Dark Souls 1, whose character was made to look like Clare and even used a Claymore to completely destroy me.

Good times... and yeah, a good Soulslike Claymore game would be amazing.

_Ryo_

Hellsing ARPG ala Bloodborne

Cowboy Bebop ARPG in the style of Yakuza, but with space exploration.

Keion RPG Rhythm games.

Full Metal Alchemist steam punk ATB RPG with hunts ala FFXII, multiple endings, social links, mixed with Civ like political consequences based on choices.

I always thought an Avatar: The Last Airbender open world RPG could be really cool (if that counts as anime?) Choosing which bending style to make your character and investing points to upgrade those abilities and learn new ones would be really cool.

Also One Piece. Always need more pirate games.

Pokemon

And by that I mean a game based on the anime.

My vote goes for Tower of God. It doesn't have an anime yet, but an action adventure/RPG starring Bam going up the tower would be amazing. At the end of every floor do a mini game or some kind of battle scenario to move to the next floor. The Manwha seems almost built to work like a video game.

Lynx_7

Now that I think about it I want a Madoka RPG. I even made a joke post about it once.

Story either follows an original group of characters set within the Madoka universe or an alternate universe/different storyline with the main characters from the anime. Witch domains would act as dungeons and they'd be as surrealistic as their anime counterparts both in aesthetic and design (I imagine you could make lots of interestng puzzles with the concepts). You need to do side-quests and beat optional witches to cleanse your soul gem, otherwise you get a bad ending. Different endings (most of them preferably tragic) depending on how you approach the relationships between the party members.

Top Bottom