• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What anime based games do you wish existed? (also anime game recommendations)

LotusHD

Banned
Yep, I've been wanting an open world sandbox one piece game ever since I became familiar with the series. Being able to create your own one piece character and become the pirate king sounds like an amazing thing.

Eh, I dunno about creating your own character. OP's universe isn't like say DBZ's, where everyone abides by using ki blasts and what not, even if they're from different races. I mean it could work, but it would definitely be a lot more work than what I'm thinking of, which is to basically recap the Straw Hats journey (Like really go ham with adapting it, like Witcher 3 that shit), along with multiple filler islands and such since you know, it's an open world and all.

Yeah, seriously. An open world game with sailing would be great, especially with all the crazy islands that you can find in the OP world.

Yea I look at stuff like Wind Waker and Sea of Thieves, and I'm like "If only..."

Orayn

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

It would basically be MechWarrior Mercenaries with a different style of mech, or Mount & Blade with giant robots. Travel around the solar system, pick your missions and contracts, recruit pilots and staff, build a base, manage/repair/upgrade your Gundams and other vehicles, balance your standing with various factions, etc.

Malyse

There is literally no reason for any good Mecha anime to not have a corresponding game. Literally none. There are so many Mech game templates that one of them would have to work. Xenogears to Front Mission to Titanfall to Armored Core to Super Robot Wars to Xenoblade X to Zone of the Enders. Literally no reason.
Eh, I dunno about creating your own character. OP's universe isn't like say DBZ's, where everyone abides by using ki blasts and what not, even if they're from different races. I mean it could work, but it would definitely be a lot more work than what I'm thinking of, which is to basically recap the Straw Hats journey (Like really go ham with adapting it, like Witcher 3 that shit), along with multiple filler islands and such since you know, it's an open world and all.

Yea I look at stuff like Wind Waker and Sea of Thieves, and I'm like "If only..."

I think the most interesting way would be to let you make different choices. Like, up until Nami is on the crew, everything is the same, but especially in the Grand Line, doing stuff like picking between three separate islands and stuff could be very cool.

Course that "what if" scenario works in lots of cases.

PantsuJo

Space Dandy

1015201-adult-swim-delivers-new-space-dandy-promo.jpg

It could be a hilarious bounty hunting game.

Oh boy, a Space Dandy RPG.

FUCKING GLORIOUS

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
There is literally no reason for any good Mecha anime to not have a corresponding game. Literally none. There are so many Mech game templates that one of them would have to work. Xenogears to Front Mission to Titanfall to Armored Core to Super Robot Wars to Xenoblade X to Zone of the Enders. Literally no reason.
How about budget, potential profit/loss or brand power?

Sheentak

Sports anime games

Captain Tsubasa
Kuruko no basket
Prince of tennis
Haiykuu

I need my super power arcade sports game.

BigPapi

Toriko RPG open world where you travel around the world as you kill/eat everything to level up you abilities eventually traveling to different planets in the quest on finding stronger opponents and better flavors.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A HxH game where it focused on the sex Nen classes and letting you develop a really unique and personal set of abilities and powers would be god damn awesome. Action RPG with a very complex set of rules with you being able to do things like make pacts that increase your Nen but come with specific rules and consequences and all that. Basically the more complex a Nen creation system the better basically. Like Phantom Dust with the creativity of Minecraft.

GAMETA

Banned
What about mangá?

A Berserk game would be awesome in almost any genre except for musou. A Souls-like one could work really well as well.

Vagabond could fit well in a Souls-like too (though I guess Nioh is close enough)

A Card Captors game would be good too if it was an action-adventure game

RalchAC

I've seen this argument before. It's pretty easy to get around really: new type of super enemy emerges that Saitama can't beat with one punch. Game starts.

That kind of defeats the fun of One Punch Man.

But you could play as Genos. Have a cool battle system involving him, and once the boss fight health is low enough, have a QTE that's impossible to do succesfully so he's beaten badly and then Saitama appears, dodges some punches and finishes the battle with one punch.

It could be a fun parody of God of War.

LotusHD

Banned
What about mangá?

A Berserk game would be awesome in almost any genre except for musou. A Souls-like one could work really well as well.

Vagabond could fit well in a Souls-like too (though I guess Nioh is close enough)

A Card Captors game would be good too if it was an action-adventure game

It's funny, because Berserk is getting a musou game lol

Permanently A

I want a Hunter x Hunter MMO. The world is just so vibrant and alive. One thing I would really dig is for things like actually becoming a Hunter to be just as difficult and painful as it was in the manga. Like how hard it was for people to become Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies. I want Hunters to have that same allure. And then there's so much you can do once you become a Hunter. Battle Arena! Greed Island! Dark Continent! Its so ripe for adventure.

Skeletos311

Capcom made Naruto fighting game. Something like Darkstalkers and not as crazy as MVC.

One Piece made by Nintendo. Something like Zelda, but with a party. Can't leave the crew on the ship.

Some kind of Polar Bear Cafe game. I'm thinking something between Animal Crossing and Phoenix Wright.

Pantz

High School DxD

You know, something with a good plot. Genre similar to Bully. Of course include the Dress Break attack. Hmm, yes.

Lynx_7

My dream One Piece game with a Wind Waker-ish action/adventure approach. Open enough to allow for exploration on remote islands with extra stuff and cool secrets, but also tightly designed to guide you through the story setpieces from East Blue all the way to
Marineford
. Seems like the perfect point to end the game. Also, just imagine visiting the locations from the manga like Water 7 and Alabast fully realized and explorable in 3D.

Also any non-fighting Hunter X Hunter game would do at this point tbh. It just has to come to the west.

Gundam Extreme VS is the best anime-based game period. They need to steal that formula and apply it to other long running series.

LotusHD

Banned
My dream One Piece game with a Wind Waker-ish action/adventure approach. Open enough to allow for exploration on remote islands with extra stuff and cool secrets, but also tightly designed to guide you through the story setpieces from East Blue all the way to
Marineford
. Seems like the perfect point to end the game. Also, just imagine visiting the locations from the manga like Water 7 and Alabast fully realized and explorable in 3D.

Also any non-fighting Hunter X Hunter game would do at this point tbh. It just has to come to the west.

Imagine a game where you could use Luffy's abilities to quickly travel all over the place. Oh man, if only...

DrD

Black Lagoon by Rockstar

Open world Roanapur with the ability to travel to neighboring islands on a boat. TPS mechanics like Max Payne 3. Doing jobs for the various groups (Hotel Moscow, Hong Kong Triad, etc) with a reputation system, maybe even something like the nemesis system in place. Chatting up other criminals at the bar in between missions.

Top Bottom