• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some classic cartoons you liked alot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMilk2929

There is alot for me, but this comes on still and I enjoy watching it:

MOTUCFGHCCVR4x6SOL.111537.jpg

Also this show:

hqdefault.jpg

Nanashrew

Banned
Tom and Jerry

It will always be the staple for slapstick cartoon comedy with amazing personality without any voices. Excellent pacing, excellent sound design, and knowing restraint when it comes to the stretchy or hardness of the characters for the perfect feeling of impact when a bowling ball drops on Tom's head.

I also love a lot of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies stuff. Chuck Jones, Tex Avery and so many more were a big part of my childhood growing up.

More of the modern stuff at the time when I was a kid are things like the Animaniacs, Freekazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons, Batman TAS, and Superman TAS.

I still love a lot of old Disney cartoons too like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy (especially the every man goofy shorts).

Also Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears. There's more but That's what I could think of off the top of my head.

I was a cartoon nut and still am.

RPGCrazied

Those shows you posted an ThunderCats, Batman the Animated series. I could go on all day though, the 80's is where I grew up. Watched a ton of cartoons in my youth that I liked.

I don't know if people would consider it a classic but I absolutely loved Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

Tom and Jerry is also another good one.

Teen Titans
Ozzy & Drix
Static Shock
Dexter's Lab
Pokemon (w/ Misty and possibly May)

If it's before 2007, it's a classic to me. I mean if the 90s are nostalgic to most people, I don't see why the early and mid 00s can't be as well.

woopWOOP

Tom & Jerry was my jam, had to watch it every day
That T&J movie was such a shitshow tho

I also remember actually enjoying Top Cat and Wacky Races.

DjRalford

Tom and Jerry

It will always be the staple for slapstick cartoon comedy with amazing personality without any voices. Excellent pacing, excellent sound design, and knowing restraint when it comes to the stretchy or hardness of the characters for the perfect feeling of impact when a bowling ball drops on Tom's head.

I also love a lot of Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies stuff. Chuck Jones, Tex Avery and so many more were a big part of my childhood growing up.

More of the modern stuff at the time when I was a kid are things like the Animaniacs, Freekazoid, Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons, Batman TAS, and Superman TAS.

I still love a lot of old Disney cartoons too like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy (especially the every man goofy shorts).

Also Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears. There's more but That's what I could think of off the top of my head.

100% this

Thank you for saving me from typing all that myself

Sölf

The various disney shows in the 90s/00s. Stuff like Aladdin, Darkwing Duck, Goofy & Max and others. Those were probably my favorite ones.

I also really liked some of the Nickelodeon ones. Rugrats especially.

zeemumu

For old-ass stuff, Little Lulu, Popeye, that one-off Humpty Dumpty cartoon, and Felix the Cat to a lesser extent...

I don't have much to say about 80's cartoons aside from ones like TMNT and Transformers since I was born in the 90's.

For 90's stuff, I think it was populated mostly by old Nicktoons shows and some Disney cartoons here or there. Then I'd watch Cartoon Network every so often but didn't really start watching that channel until around 2000 when I discovered anime outside of Pokemon through Toonami.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Woody woodpecker and chilly Willy were my jams. I was always envious of Willy being able to make a phone out of a ice floe

sa201674

Banned
All Popeye shorts ( hate the tv show they made)

All the Tom and Jerry shorts except for the late 50s and 60s ones with weird animation and character designs

All looney toons shorts except for the 60s ones

Ths less said about 70s tv cartoons, the better

Credo

Earlier this year, I spent a few months watching a few cartoons a day from the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVDs, and I really enjoyed myself from start to finish. The Golden Collection DVDs don't have every short ever released, but they do have somewhere between 500 and 600 of them.

It looks like Amazon will have volumes 1 through 6 on November 15 for $84, so if you can afford it and love cartoons, I highly recommend getting them. Maybe the prices for each volume will drop during the black friday sale.

PrankT

Tom and Jerry

Ditto. + Gargoyles, TMNT, X-Men, Thundercats, Transformers, Inspector Gadget, Chipmunks and a bunch others. Flintstones, Jetsons, Popeye, Mr. Magoo, Shirt Tales were decent time fillers as well, though a tier below the shows I really loved.

Rescue Rangers is available in HD on Amazon, Google, and itunes. Looks fantastic. I bought a couple seasons and getting my kids hooked.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Tom and Jerry

This and I wanna add a lot of the nicktoons and cartoon network's stuff.

Oli

Probably not old enough to be considered classic, but I loved Hey Arnold as a kid and upon watching some of it recently it has held up well. Good sense of humor, nice morals, and characters with some depth.

Still, it's a mid 90's show so I'm sure most Gaffers will scoff at it for being too new.

I'm gonna use "classic" as a synonym to "shows I watched when I was a kid" which is a hellalot I'ma just list a few
Monster Rancher
Mummies Alive!
Aaahh! Real Monsters
Ren & Stimpy
DBZ
Digimon
Pokemon
those are the ones that come to mind currently

Edit: O and Gargoyles!

Dreavus

Every time I see Loony Toons nowadays, I'm constantly impressed by the music. There's much character in those soundtracks it's ridiculous.

bengraven

I love old Halloween cartoons like the early Disney ones or the sixties specials like Charlie Brown. Spooky Scary Skeletons or Night at Bald Mountain. Or the Mystery intro by Gorey.

Something about that old hand drawn animation that makes me feel like home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom