• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When your mind hears Nintendo, Playstation or XBOX then what is the first thing your mind thinks about?

Xenon

Bored Nothing GIF

Dynasty8

Nintendo: kids, children, toys...gaming's Disney...expensive but cheap hardware, shit Internet, but games are fun, though they've become so incredible easy compared to before.

PlayStation: cool console, but recently they've been too casual with their games. Some quality stuff, cater to many adults and kids.

Xbox: Game pass, great controller, barely any exclusives, good selection of indies. Good value overall for those who don't care about Sony exclusives.

All 3 of them are a shadow of their former selves.

Nintendo: used to be the definition of gaming. Remember when your mom called every game a Nintendo?
PlayStation: used to have incredible titles from Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Crash, etc etc. Now they put out shitty movie games with woke agenda propaganda.
Xbox: started off super strong giving us the birth of online console gaming and communication, had the best version of every multiplat games (eg Splinter Cell, Spiderman, GTA etc). Now it's dead in the water with no games.

God video games suck today. What a tragedy.

Fredrik

Nintendo: 1st thing: Mario.
2+ : Zelda, Metroid. And playing with the kids. Gameplay over visuals. Innovation, sometimes gimmicky. Sometimes GOAT, sometimes meh shovelware. Always the secondary platform, impossible to skip. Japanese.

Playstation: 1st thing: PS logo.
2+ : Ridge Racer, doesn’t make sense but it’s rooted deep. Gran Turismo. Third person games with story focus. The AAA desserts of gaming. Awesome but the games are over too fast. PC delays. Political.

Xbox: 1st thing: Gamepass.
2+ : Gears. Still thinking about DOA and Ninja Gaiden too even though it makes no sense. Forza. PC day 1. Comfort food. Rarely have the best polish but have games I play for 100s of hours. Safe.

Nintendo: Zelda and Mario Kart
PlayStation: Crash Bandicoot (used to be exclusive) and Gran Turismo
Xbox: Fable, Forza Horizon, and Dead Rising (1 and 3 used to be exclusive)

Tecmo: Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive
Capcom: Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry
Sega: Jet Set Radio, House of the Dead, Persona, Phantasy Star, Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Yakuza, and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing *Peak Game Publisher*
Namco: It's dead Jim... :cry:

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Nintendo : Mario in general
Sony: consoles in general, woke nowadays
Microsoft: Halo before, trashtalk nowadays

Sleepwalker

Nintendo pokemon.

Playstation - metal gear/final fantasy. (I know theyre not exclusive but it just feels right)

Xbox - Gears of war (not the Gears rebrand, gears of war)

Naked Lunch

Nintendo - F-Zero + Metroid (those series are as good as gaming gets)

Sony - Metal Gear Solid + ICO/Shadow of the Colossus (Those series are long gone - which is why Sony is now pretty much dead to me)

Xbox - Halo (offered years of entertainment - and I still play Halo MP to this day. But still waiting for Halo to be truly great again - finally, there is a chance with the revamped 343)

poodaddy

Nintendo- Consistent quality software, unimpressive hardware.

PlayStation-Very popular first party titles that don't often resonate with me, though I love Spider-Man and Bloodborne. Top notch software engineers and well managed teams.

Xbox-Great game library for those who like legacy titles due to great backwards compatibility, lackluster and extremely underwhelming first party titles. Amazing value in Gamepass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom