• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When your mind hears Nintendo, Playstation or XBOX then what is the first thing your mind thinks about?

Rockondevil

Nintendo: Amazing first party.
PlayStation: 6-8 hour action games I don’t care for.
Xbox: Often drowning in too many Game Pass games.

SteadyEvo

Nintendo- childhood. Mario. FUN.

Sony - TLOU. Interactive movies. Single player. Don’t like or agree with them doing VR

MS - The start of Xbox live. Halo 1&2. Deep pockets and loads of potential. Wish they had the quality control of their Japanese counterparts. Gamepass.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Nintendo: Metroid, Mario, not you Zelda. SSBU, Mario Kart
Sony: Bloodborne, Twisted Metal, not you God of War, Gran Turismo
Microsoft: Gamepass

Unknown?

Nintendo: fun games geared for younger audiences(for everyone)
Sony: mature and kids games(more for different audiences)
Microsoft: dudebro shooters(also doritos and mtn dew)

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Nintendo : The gameboy and DS handheld. Without Nintendo there would either have never been gaming handheld or it would have not been the same. Bringing my Zelda on the go as a kid was my jam. I always preferred handheld over the big home console.

Xbox : Their first generation. The OG Xbox was like a pandora box as a teenager. Microsoft were the new big thing. That meant new type of games, new genre and novelty as a whole. Getting to play Morrowind or Ninja Garden in the early 2000s was mind blowing to say the least. That console made me a huge video game nerd.

Playstation : Look at my avatar! I liked Playstation the most all the way back during PS1 era. Discovering games using demo disc. I remember Crash Bandicoot the most, Pandemonium, Blast chamber, Jet Moto etc.. So many good oldies but then Castlavania SOTN simply melt my brain. This game still is a massive masterpiece. Igavanias are still to this day, my very favorite games. All of them. It's crack for me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Nintendo - Mario
Sony - a little Scottish girl saying "and conquered worlds"
Xbox - xbox

Ribi

Nintendo - ass backwards same ip pumping mfers
Xbox - xbawks, lmao we paid for gold services
PlayStation - mid 30s console gamer who is too stubborn to buy a PC but tells their friends to buy a PS5 to play with them.

Imtjnotu

Nintendo

women reason GIF

Sony

Photography Camera GIF by TheFactory.video

Xbox

Xbox 360 Death GIF by Xbox

RickMasters

Nintendo: my first console. Special place in my heart even though I haven’t owned one in years.

Sony: the guys that changed gaming for the better. early 2000s when everybody had one even if they didn’t play games, baggy jeans with Air Force ones….. gta 3, EA fight night , shadow of collusus, GT4!….. all of my friends owning one. And my red Honda Civic Sir that I really thought was the shit…. 2 Fast 2furious was a big deal back then. 😅😅😅 PS2 was amazing. PS2 was the console of the era. Even though I ain’t owned a PS since the PS3, much like Nintendo i have a fondness for them, that stems back to my youth. Who wasn’t blown away by ridge racer 1 the first time they played it at home? Or wipeout? Or how about my face Sony game of all time shadow or the collusus? Nothing but find memos my times owning Sony consoles.

Xbox: x360 to the present… it’s a group Wassap for me and my friends….only we mostly blame eachother for rolling the enemy’s spawn point to behind us on COD…..endless rainbow six vegas sessions, back in the late 2000, turning into halo 3 endless sessions before everybody just said “ cod all day”….. that rough patch when there was no big exclusive but we somehow didn’t care because we were co-op-ing the shit out of borderlands. Driving around pointlessly in forza horizon and being amazed the first time we did that…. Endless roads in our face cars… really fealt like a road trip or the gumball 3000…in my Porsche with my at this point Xbox live Freinds of ten years and going…. There are about 30+ of us…. Just Don’t call us a clan! we are a clique! Speaking of which….. never try to play sea of theives without friends… or any mmo or gaas game for that matter! I love my single player games but I just love open word type games with my friends…..did anybody else use to throw their friends at enemies on crack down 1? My friends hated that shit but I couldn’t Help myself…. Or R6 vegas when people come into the lobby that your hosting and you and your boys kill everybody with just desert eagles, and C4 on killhouse ….. we was horrible! 😅😅😅I’ll always love Xbox for simply being the console that so have these memories on. On a side note: Glad we are in a time when we have big MMOs on console. My friends do the missions…. I just tag a long, roll my spliffs and range attack the shit out of everything…. Apart from when I’m playing halo, cod or battlefield. I gotta uphold my reputation as a first person beast among my click. Nobody ever plays me at fighting games, because well… I talk too much shitvwhen I win. Which is all the time…… Xbox has been fun. Shout out to my clique of misfits. Wouldn’t play games with anybody else on any other console… 😅…. Cross play don’t count, or matter. We whoop everybody ass on the games When we show up in a lobby. Teamwork baby!

Matter of fact…. I’m out. Might fuck around on borderlands 3. feel like fighting some bosses and talking shit with my homies. Well….. actually they are gonna fight the bosses. I’m just gonna park up my character and collect XP. Game gives you a silly amount of guns you never use anyway 🤷🏾‍♂. We are playing COD ground war right now and I’m just hiding…. I’m so good at hiding on warzone. I went a whole match without killing anybody or dying. They should make Am achievement for that shit. We lost….. should have heard some of the other people in the headset….. next thing you know it’s an all out cussing match between ransoms and my friends🤣🤣🤣🤣. Xbox online is toxic as fuck but funny as fuck too! To be fair I took the piss in that match. I was smoking my spliff, man! Lemme roll in peace! 😂😂😂

MAX PAYMENT

Nintendo: their online infrastructure is a fuckin joke.

Playstation: they're so anti-consumer at the slogan "4 the players" is a fuckin joke

Xbox: they barely participate in the industry. They're a fuckin joke

Nintendo: before playing...WTF is this overpriced weak looking plastic POS. After buying and playing, looks to son and daughter...Nintendo are still the greatest!

Xbox: soon. The mums and dads of gaming.

Sony: if you're not first, you're last...wait Nintendo is in first!@#!

tusharngf

Nintendo: Kids games and lack of technical understanding
PlayStation: arrogant sony and crazy fanboys
Xbox: disaster on every level of planning

CashPrizes

Sony: Uncharted, cinematic 3rd person adventure games

Nintendo: 2D Mario games, platformers. Probably seated in Mario bros being my first exposure to them, and Mario just being more of a massive brand association then Link and Zelda.

Xbox: Phil Spencer for some reason, and the green X logo. Like press conferences/briefings. Maybe because I haven't played on Xbox since 360, and am just observing them through the news cycle. I have had gamepass on PC off and on, and played the hell out of original Xbox and 360.

ssringo

Nintendo: HEY! LISTEN! LOTS OF SLOW DIALOGUE~!

Playstation: Bring a sandwich for the movie break

XBox: *gunfire*

Used to be:

Nintendo: Mario
Playstation: Resident Evil
Xbox: Halo

Now it's:

Nintendo: Nice, but not for me.
Playstation: Don't mess up.
Xbox: What the fuck are they doing.

Neff

Then:
Nintendo - the best
PlayStation - Ridge Racer, Tekken, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy VII
Xbox - Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Lost Odyssey, Rare

Now:
Nintendo - the best
PlayStation - Tekken, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy VII, Troy Baker crying in a forest
Xbox - Nintendo and PlayStation emulation

Last edited:
Nintendo- Playing Ocarina of Time on Christmas. Gives me a warm feeling. Nintendo just gives me the feels like no other and they still deliver it now.

Playstation - Seeing Crash Bandicoot 2 on an advert and really wanting it. Also the music from Tekken 2 for some reason.

Xbox - Seeing the second level of Halo and thinking it was the most amazing thing I had ever see. Sadly they have never repeated that for me, maybe a little with the second level of Gears of War.

coffinbirth

Nintendo= Being surprised on my 6th birthday with an NES. Epic.

PlayStation= Getting 1/2 the NA launch games weeks early and FREE. I spent the countdown to launch day poring over the manuals and artwork for Fantavision, Summoner, Smugglers Run, X-Squad, Orphen, and on and on...I think I had 12 or so of them. Wild, exciting times. Probably the most hyped I've ever been for video games.

Xbox= Getting the console, Halo, THPS 2X, Oddworld, Cel Damage, and Project Gotham Racing on launch day and as I'm walking out of Walmart with arms full of Xboxness some fucking neckbeard virgin says "you shouldn't have bought that, everyone is saying they aren't working"...and just like that, before I could even physically leave the store...on launch day, fucking people talking shit about Xbox. Still have that Xbox hooked up to this very day. And the PS2, haha.

MacReady13

Nintendo- weak hardware with amazing games.

Sony- single player games that generally bore me to death.

Microsoft- will I buy that game on my series x not knowing whether Microsoft will remain in the console industry for too long.

Goalus

Nintendo - fun games that I don't care about until they give me Sin & Punishment 3

Playstation - nothing (toxic shills maybe - if it weren't for them, I wouldn't know this brand exists)

Xbox - video games that I love to play

Mr.ODST

Nintendo: Classic games that still today crank out amazing experiences
Sony: Excellent first party and some great single player titles even if some are too cinematic, amazing classics library I played in my early years creating my love for JRPGs
Xbox: Some of the best online experiences I have ever had, Halo being an absolute goliath, Still think MS needs to sort their shit out as the console and GamePass have been saviours for me getting to try new titles.

Microsoft- will I buy that game on my series x not knowing whether Microsoft will remain in the console industry for too long.

^ I worry about this aswell, when buying titles on my Series X, tempted to just buy the PS5 versions on physical for now

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Nintendo: Hiroshi Yamauchi.

Sony: Ken Kutaragi.

Xbox: Milo

Top Bottom