• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the most emotionally impactful movies you've watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
50/50
Black Swan
Click
Guardians of the Galaxy
Interstellar
Les Miserables
Reign Over Me
Shawshank Redemption
Stranger than Fiction
Wreck-It Ralph

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Make Way for Tomorrow
United 93
The Impossible
Pan's Labyrinth
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Dancer In The Dark
It's A Wonderful Life

ilikeme

Brokeback Mountain is a movie that made me so happy during the first parts of the movie and then completely crushed me afterwards. I always feel bad whenever I see it. Usually I don't watch it until the end.

Dancer in the Dark is equally awful. My stomach was filled with anxiety and angst.

Both these movies are awful because they are also truthful. And the truth about the evil of the world hurts so much.

Raptomex

thumbsup.jpg

bambismomdies.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Most of mine have already been mentioned:
The Road
Children of men (the baby crying scene is spectacular)
Warrior (makes me want to call my brothers)

I'll add:
Edward scissorhands (I'm a sucker for outsider stories)
And recently the very final scene of Edge of Tomorrow was intensely emotional for me for some reason.

Lender

Grave of the Fireflies destroyed me. I was sobbing like a little girl during the last half hour. Big Fish made me tear up as well. Beautiful Movie and ending. Most recently was interstellar. The
scene with the video after they came back from the water planet was heartwrenching.

The Fountain and Big Fish

It was also around the time a very good friend of mine was struggling with brain cancer. Each film was very cathartic and helped me cry and process some of the feelings I was dealing with at the time.

Into-the-wild.jpg

Whether you believe McCandless to be a visionary or a fool, it can't be denied that his journey was an emotional one and that his story was both a tragedy and a wonder.

51PY175FY8L._SY300_.jpg

The conclusion was one of the most emotional, sad, yet uplifting endings I've ever seen.

220px-Milkposter08.jpg

So much fight. So much charisma. That this is a true story makes it all that much more impactful.

MV5BMTk0NjY0Mzg5MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzM1OTM2MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

"It's not your fault."

50-50.jpg

Hit close to home for me as I've had multiple friends who've died at young ages. JGL was superb as well.

MV5BMTYyMzM3MzgyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI4MzUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

You knew it was coming, but it didn't matter. I balled my fucking eyes out through the last 20 minutes of this film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom