• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the longest RPGs?

KTO

MMO's by a very wide margin. WoW has more content than a bunch of the games on this list combined and FFXIV is certainly getting there. While it doesn't fall in line with the other RPGs people are naming, they fit the scope of the OP and i'm stunned no one has mentioned them.

Somnid

Brave Default I had about 110 hours for 100% completion (all bosses). A good end chunk was grind though.

Xenoblade ended about 100 with the majority but nowhere near all of the side quests.

Xenoblade X I'm currently at 90 hours, 2 chapters left but very heavily invested in side quests.

A bunch more sidequesty, grindy games also creep into the 100s like Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and the Disgaea series but the core campaigns are in the 20-30 range.

Ultratech

Hmm...this got me to thinking of some of the longest RPGs I've played:

-FFXII: I think my first playthrough was...~120 hours? Would have to look. Main Story could be beaten in a lot less I imagine. (Maybe 40?)

-DQVIII: Finished up the Main Game at about 90 hours. Could be done significantly less I'm sure.

-Persona 3: Uh...I wanna say I finished up at around 90 hours, though I know several were spent trying to get those perfect fusions.

-Persona 4: This one was 100+ hours; kinda funny since I think I spent less time on perfect fusions, but it still took a while to beat.

-Xenoblade Chronicles: Was 110+ hours, but I also did like 95% of the quests, so....that added a lot of time.

-Tales of Graces f: Would need to look, but I know I was pushing 80+ hours. (That's Main + Future Arc). Main Game you could probably blast through in a far bit less.

MMO's by a very wide margin. WoW has more content than a bunch of the games on this list combined and FFXIV is certainly getting there. While it doesn't fall in line with the other RPGs people are naming, they fit the scope of the OP and i'm stunned no one has mentioned them.

Except for me on the last page.

Hell, I spent more time camping a single item in EverQuest than it takes to beat the majority of the games mentioned in this thread! (I'm not proud of that, but its easily true lol)

Top Bottom