• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are wierd things that you used to believe when you were little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Oh man, I was a gullible kid.

I believed everyone in the world had an exact twin (not actually related, just someone who looked exactly like you) somewhere. The Flintstones taught me that.

I thought there was a state called Arkansas (r-kansas) and a different state called Arkansaw.

I thought there was a giant sculpture of an apple in the middle of New York, like the size of a 5 story building (and really, why isn't there?)

A friend told me in the second grade that men made babies with women by peeing inside them. Thank God I figured out he was wrong by my second sexual experience.

calder

Similar to the Thundercats, I firmly believed that lightsabers were real, but obviously too dangerous to sell to just anyone like guns or what have you. I still really wanted one though, and asked my dad if he would get one for himself (thinking maybe I could use it, or at least see it). Keep in mind I was 4 years old when Star Wars came out and rocked my little world. I also used to think you could become a Jedi, but that it was just rare so that's why I had never seen one.

When I was a bit older I either saw some show about nuclear war or read something about it, because I became convinced that everytime I heard a jet plane in the sky it was a nuclear missle coming down to nuke Calgary. I had terrible insomnia as a kid because of my insanely overactive imagination. I still remember my dad sitting on my bed explaining for the thousandth time that it was just a plane and everything would be fine. Damn my parents were patient with me, I was a fucking looney little kid. ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My parents told me that when I was real little I thought people in old black and white photographs were really that color,like they had grey eyes and skin tone....I was fucking slow :(

MIMIC

Banned
That when someone said that they had the "munchies," they had crabs.

Munchies...

(I know this is sad, but it was only a few months ago when I learned that it meant something totally different. :p)

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Matrix said:
My parents told me that when I was real little I thought people in old black and white photographs were really that color,like they had grey eyes and skin tone....I was fucking slow :(
Hell, I thought that till I was like 6... and I do remember asking my mom when color was "invented"

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
MIMIC said:
That when someone said that they had the "munchies," they had crabs.

Munchies...

(I know this is sad, but it was only a few months ago when I learned that it meant something totally different. :p)
LOL...ok now THAT was funny...munchies will never be the same.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fenekku-gitsune said:
Hell, I thought that till I was like 6... and I do remember asking my mom when color was "invented"

LOL,I think I asked my parents the same exact thing.

fart

Savant
i remember thinking very hard and very deeply about how they could possibly schedule all the people to do all those things in my tv.

MIMIC said:
On a similar note, when I was young, I thought that women peed out of their butts.
Same here! I kept thinking "they don't have weewee's, so obviously the only option left is the butt"

Also, I thought Jesus was a girl. So I would say things like "I don't like Jesus, cause he's a girl!"

I also thought when I got mad my face would get red and steam would shoot out my ears.

OmniGamer

Matrix said:

LOL, damn i'm not the only one...though for me it was B&W movies...i thought the whole world was like that, black&white, until someday there was color. Fuck, come to think of it, i could have been rich if i turned it into Pleasantville. :mad

But i am redeemed somewhat because i never believed in Santa Clause :p

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
when i was really young i thought that all wounds were fatal. i fell and scraped my knee when i was 4, and was convinced i was going to die. i remember saying to a friend, "i've been blown to sardines." i'd misapprehended the phrase "blown to smithereens," which i'd heard on transformers.

i also had a really hard time distinguishing between the words "mouth" and "mouse." i remember my mom saying "mouthful" in some context, and i heard it as "mouseful," which really confused me.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Christianity

I can't really think of anything that was too weird or unusual that I believed in. Kinda disappointing.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I called smoke stacks "cloud factories". I had no idea where else clouds came from...

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
- The sound of my pulse used to keep me up at nights sometimes because I thought it was the footsteps of somebody outdoors.

- Mormonism. ;)

Whenever suicide was mentioned on the news or something, I thought they were saying "sewer slide." So if anyone had committed suicide, I thought they just went on a slide that ended up in a sewer. And I thought "Yippee! I wanna do a sewer slide! Because the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are in the sewer!"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I used to think that the world could just be some huge kids ant farm and it got dark at night cause he would put a top hat over his Earth Bowl ( like a fish bowl just that it was earth in it) and it would get dark for us. lol.

I also thought I could become a jedi. I used to sit there and try to think things to move. It never worked. I still try every once and awhile. Maybe it doesn't kick in still your 30 or something.

Pachinko

Wierd that Calder and I had the same stupid idea has children. My mom made the mistake of showing me a film call the day after tomorrow. It was about a nuclear holocaust occuring in the US and a few people that survive. After I saw that I constently kept an eye out for planes thinking each one would have a 1000 megaton suprise for me. Also , after that fox alien autopsy special first aired I as terrified I'd be abducted in my sleep for a few months.

As an 8 year old I saw both critter movies and thought for sure they too were out to get me.

I used to think that when someone was fired, the boss took a flamethrower to them.

Oh, and why would anybody nuke Calgary? Strategic cow production or something :p

I used to believe that when a somebody was shot, stabbed, or otherwise killed in a TV show, it was real. Not that the programs themselves were real, but that actors sacrified their lives for the sake of the show. I thought those actors were so noble to be willing to die for a television program.

Ferrio

Banned
One time me and a friend saw a rainbow, so he said he'd go check out the end of it and I should wait there. He came back and told me some fucked up story about a witch at the end of the rainbow and some crap.

I believed him.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
My brother and sister (both older) would tell me that I was born with six arms. I belived them from when I was like seven until I was around 11. Honestly those two would torture me so bad saying I was some sort of freak with a ridiculous amount of limbs, what a horrible childhood.

When I hit about 11 I realized that they were talking shit but before that, God damn, what assholes. They said I had all these limbs that were amputaded becauses I would be a scientific anamoly. Come to think of it, they were damn smart for their age fucking with me but honestly, fuck them for making me think I was a freak.

Chairman85

calder said:
I believed everyone in the world had an exact twin (not actually related, just someone who looked exactly like you) somewhere. The Flintstones taught me that.
I don't know if the Flintstones taught me that, but I definitely believed it.

I used to think that Tommy Lasorda was just the world's oldest baseball player because of how coaches in baseball wear actual uniforms. In fact, i would have imaginary baseball games with Tommy Lasorda.

LakeEarth

peter.jpg

"...and if you are pure in heart, you will go to the wonderful place of Heaven... (snicker), haa! Just kidding! You'll just rot in the ground."

I thought brocolli were trees put into a shrinking machine.
I also thought cauliflower were snow covered trees that were shrunken by a machine.

Everytime I looked in a mirror I thought I was looking into an alternate universe. This got even crazier when I looked into 3 mirrors at once(one facing, 2 diagonally facing me).

Blackie

I thought a womans vagina was this huge baseball sized hole in their crotch when I was a kid.

I also thought that I could get eagle vision and see things miles away if I just ate enough carrots, so for a couple weeks I ate like 5 carrots every day. My mom made me stop that when she found out.

Tenguman

Sigh, i had a lot but I simply can't remember them

that woman-asses thing reminded me when I used to think women had 3 holes. ass-hole, pee-hole, sex-hole.

clearly i never read that kid's potty book.

J2 Cool

If your in a store when it closes your locked in. Id be shittin my pants when in came close to closing time and my mom was still shopping.

A wet dream was pissing your bed when your older.

Mark Grace was my cousin and was coming over the upcoming weekend to spoil us with presents. Rotten ass brother.

teepo

i thought that earwigs would crawl into your ears when you sleep and slowly pick at your brain until you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom