• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward the most and why? Xenoblade X or FFXV?

casiopao

After the Direct?, X even more I guess.

I am actually getting softer on FFXV here as when the footage come out, I don't like the game at all here. But Tabata and his crew is slowly making me looking forward for FF more here even though 13,13-2,14(not reborn yet) sour me a lot for this franchise.(At least LR gameplay is good, The story sucksss so badddd though. Tx Toriyama)

But, X is different. It is a spiritual succesor of Xenoblade which is one of my favorite Jrpg on last gen+ this one seems to improve a lot from it. The monster also actually seems to be more diverse and alive. Some is dependent on sounds, some is dependent on sights, some is only active when they are in group while some specifically only hunt on night.

All of those makes me hype beyond believe. And of course, the fact that X is going to come out first also help me getting more hype here.

Ishida

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKKiODpn6Fg#t=233

Except you know the entire city of Neo LA was literally lifted from earth inside of an Arc ship.

I don't know what you're trying to imply but i hold XCX and Xenoblade to the same form of scrutiny in terms of consistency.

Case in point my most recent playthough of Xenoblade

Feel free to keep thinking i'm out for FFXV blood or trying to put it down against XCX, not like there's proof otherwise but whatever also if you're going to criticize me for something actually do it for what i said. I never once mentioned having a problem with the Cadillac so you and whoever else that seems to think i did probably should actually see who did before throwing around statements like that.

If you really hold XCX with the same form of scrutiny in terms of consistency as FFXV, this last trailer must've been a huge turnoff, right?

Laconic

Banned
Without a doubt Xenoblade X. SE hasn't delivered a good Final Fantasy in a long time, whereas Monolith delivered arguably the best JRPG of last generation. That, and we don't know in what capacity SE can make this game happen. If at all.

Plus, it's a Nomura game.

I agreed with your original post.

I too, have not enjoyed a FF since IX.

The one thing I really want in the new Xenoblade, is for items, weapons, and armor to have more uniqueness and value.

Xenoblade with a 4 member party or greater + Dragon Quest style loot, would be my dream console RPG.

Was New LA actually built on that planet after they landed? For some reason, I was under the impression that the city was on that ship that crashed in the earlier trailer. On the outside of the city, it looks like it crash landed there (all the blue crystal things shooting out from it on the sides of the circle). I assumed the city was that blue thing that dropped from the big ships. Not sure though.

I thought the city was already inside the circular ship thing that fell to the planet. Kind of like a biodome thing. Carved out of the earth before they left the planet to preserve a sense of what they're leaving behind.

Didn't know it was built after the fact.
I was under the same impression. The city was part of what took off from Earth, and when they landed, the city was already built and they had somewhat of a civilization to start from.

Mikel1015

Banned
Sorry for thread bumping, but I just wanna say that I love this complex battle between Final Fantasy 15 and Xenoblade Chronicles X (and Persona 5) as if this was the Mario Vs. Sonic battle version of JRPG games this gen. Go to any XCX video lately and you will see comparisons and fights to prove one over the other because why not. If one game is brought up to compare each game to that wasn't an older iteration, it's each other.

EDIT: It's not that I like bickering and arguing (even though it's soo enjoyable some times) I just find it fascinating, it's like Uncharted 4 Vs. Rise of the Tomb Raider. These things could be remembered one day as we do Mario and Sonic for best platformers.

I look forward to the one I can play, so it's FFXV.

But had I own a Wii U I'm definitely going with mech JRPG.

EDIT: Ah shit, didn't realise it was an old thread.

Sorry for thread bumping, but I just wanna say that I love this complex battle between Final Fantasy 15 and Xenoblade Chronicles X (and Persona 5) as if this was the Mario Vs. Sonic battle version of JRPG games this gen. Go to any XCX video lately and you will see comparisons and fights to prove one over the other because why not. If one game is brought up to compare each game to that wasn't an older iteration, it's each other.

EDIT: It's not that I like bickering and arguing (even though it's soo enjoyable some times) I just find it fascinating, it's like Uncharted 4 Vs. Rise of the Tomb Raider. These things could be remembered one day as we do Mario and Sonic for best platformers.

I don't see that as much anymore.

Just the occasional dumb comments of "Oh, so SE is just ripping off Xenoblade now", or "Ah, Xenoblade X is whatever, just look at FFXV"...

But those comments have about as much merit to them as dog poop, so who cares.

I haven't seen any actual discussion between these after this thread, actually.

TI82

Banned
Final fantasy XV. Xenoblade is an extremely overrated game with a decent story and horrible gameplay. I'm not sure if its because it was on a platform starved for good games or what but it doesn't deserve the praise it currently gets. So xenoblade X has a lot of work to convince me that it is an improvement.

Chronoman

Banned
I am looking forward to Xenoblade X. I just think the amount of things to do, varied missions, characters, locations, vehicles/mechs, it is just an impressive JRPG.

sublimit

Banned
I'm still looking forward the most to XCX. FFXV kinda feels like a mess of ideas that i don't know how will all fit together in the end.

At least now we're getting more info about FFXV than back when i started the thread.Maybe a bit too much though.It almost feels like they are talking more than they are actually working in the game. :p

Xenoblade Chronicles X

I loved both The Last Story and Xenoblade Chronicles last gen for coming the closest JRPGs have come to the 90s Squaresoft heyday outside of Final Fantasy XII maybe. I really want another console JRPG from Sakaguchi the most, but XCX is a thing that actually exists, so of course I'm super excited for that.

Final Fantasy XV... I dunno. There are certain names that I don't associate with good Final Fantasy and all of them seem to be working on/have worked on XV. Nomura, Nojima, Tabata... I don't like any of these guys. And what I've seen so far has supported my worries.

I won't go as far as to say that "modern FF is shit" or whatever, because I can't stop playing FFXIV, but the if I'm being honest here, I don't consider Nomura or Tabata any better or worse at making games than Toriyama.

Zero²

Can't we just play the damn game already Nintendo? Damn December is so close...
About FFXV, it will be great, loving the monster designs, even if the world itself seem a little boring.

Duxxy3

I like the way that Xenoblade X is shaping up more than FFXV, but FFXV gets the vote because it will be on a system that I actually own.

RulkezX

I'd have said Xenoblade all year but the negative responses to the Japanese launch and the gameplay I've seen on YT I'm not even sure I'll buy it.

FF will be day one just because it's a FF game.

Korigama

Since this was bumped after all of this time, I might as well take the time to rescind my original response and say that I have no interest in either game at this point. I know enough about Xenoblade X now to conclude that it isn't what I'm looking for, and FFXV neither interests me nor even suggests that the people working on it have an actual vision for what they're making (considering how much they continue to discard from Vs. XIII in favor of things they like better/actually comprehend, I wonder why they haven't scrapped the old plans entirely).

XBX is a known quantity at this point, since it's been out for quite a while, even if not in English. I'm very excited to play it in December though.

FFXV is a much more anticipated title for me simply by virtue of being Final Fantasy, but my hype levels aren't going crazy for a game I can't play for what I'd wager is close to another year still.

Since this was bumped after all of this time, I might as well take the time to rescind my original response and say that I have no interest in either game at this point. I know enough about Xenoblade X now to conclude that it isn't what I'm looking for, and FFXV neither interests me nor even suggests that the people working on it have an actual vision for what they're making (considering how much they continue to discard from Vs. XIII in favor of things they like better/actually comprehend, I wonder why they haven't scrapped the old plans entirely).

Isn't this what already happened? I thought FFvXIII was in the bin, FFXV is a new game with salvaged assets.

Rodin

Xenoblade X. Being a huge Xenoblade fan this has been my most wanted game since the reveal almost two years ago, and next month i'll finally be able to walk (AND FLY!) in those beautiful landscapes and experience another Takahashi story. I like the OST too from what i've heard and the thought of using mechas like in Xenogears, but with even more control over them... When i'll finally get my Skells i'll probably go nuts. 4/12 can't come soon enough.

I expect ffxv to actually have a large story. Everything I've heard about xcx states that it doesn't.

Maybe you read stuff from people who ignored Kizuna quests and subquests because people who actually played the game like they were supposed to said that the story is better than Xenoblade's. Also, we don't know much about XV story and the little we heard doesn't sound too promising.

PillarEN

Well I'm excited for both but regardless of eventual quality I'm more inclined towards FF15. For 2 reasons

Yoko Shimomura

Character design

Salbug

Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's environments look more interesting then what I've seen in FFXV thus far, plus flying mechs just naturally appeal to me yo! That, and I've always enjoyed Xenoblade's combat no matter how MMORPG it feels.

Korigama

Isn't this what already happened? I thought FFvXIII was in the bin, FFXV is a new game with salvaged assets.
That's the point. It's still using the bulk of its ideas and concepts: characters (when they don't feel like replacing or redesigning them), themes (when they decide that keeping them wouldn't cause problems for rating the game), world, soundtrack, real-time combat (with plans for Kingdom Hearts-esque combat and the option for more than one playable character both dropped). It's basically a compromised take on what Vs. XIII was going to be, assembling scraps of what they had before and occasionally revising those things in order to release something, anything to make the years spent on Vs. XIII not look like a complete waste.

If anything, starting completely from scratch to make something unrelated would've made more sense at this point.

casiopao

Xenoblade X for sure. With X, we already know how good the game can be. From the perfected xenoblade battle system, more detailed story building through kizuna quest, the mfk SKEELS baby, more beautifully crafted world and of course seemingly highly interactive online mode.

FF15 on the other hand is still a mess especially with how tabata is cutting of tons of Versus content which honestly does not look so hot.

Still Xenoblade. Almost here and nothing I've heard has put me off it. My limited interest in XV wanes a bit more each day. That said, I'm almost certain I'll buy it when it eventually releases.

Edit: Shit, didn't even realize it was only a month off. Getting psyched now. Not sure if I'll push through Zestiria before it arrives.

Shirke

Xenoblade X, I mean the game already came out in Japan months ago, and I've seen enough livestreams to know that I want it when it comes out next month.

casiopao

Still Xenoblade. Almost here and nothing I've heard has put me off it. My limited interest in XV wanes a bit more each day. That said, I'm almost certain I'll buy it when it eventually releases.

Edit: Shit, didn't even realize it was only a month off. Getting psyched now. Not sure if I'll push through Zestiria before it arrives.

Yup. Last one month for the wait here. Cant wait to explore the planet and get wrecked by alk those giant monster here.

Reveirg

Never really liked the comparisons between both games. They both look amazing.

I can't believe we're one month away already from playing Xenoblade X. Can't wait!!

FFXV, because even though it may never come out, it won't suck like Xenoblade did with its terrible VA, boring and repetitive quest system, and cappy overall gameplay.

Hugstable

Banned
Pretty excited for Xenoblade X and Final Fantasy XV. Liking the styles of both games, though I will say that I'm more excited for Xenoblade X currently as it's coming sometime soon!!!! Can't wait to dive into that world, loved running around and exploring all the corners of the map in Xenoblade. I actually swam across Eryth Sea and filled in the whole map swimming, loved every minute of it.

Why bump such an old thread.

Anyway still Xenoblade X.

I like the setting more and to me I much prefer the combat and exploration in Xenoblade. Especially with giant transforming mecha.

Dremorak

Banned
FFXV, because even though it may never come out, it won't suck like Xenoblade did with its terrible VA, boring and repetitive quest system, and cappy overall gameplay.

I cant even compute this....

Amazing VA, Quests....sure, but thats not the point of Xenoblade :p, and the Gamplay is amazing. Doing a second playthrough on 3ds and the battle system is really deep. Having a lot of fun messing with characters I never touched the first time through.

on topic:

XenoX

- Mechs
- Awesome combat
- top notch world/ exploration
- Mechs

Nuff said

SkyOdin

I am still way more interested in Xenoblade X than FFXV. I just am not yet convinced that FFXV's battle system will be very good. Meanwhile, I loved the Xenoblade combat system and am looking forward to more of the same from X.

Astral Dog

Damn why the need to bring this thread back...

FFXV, if mostly because Xenoblade X looks like a step down from the original, based on impressions.

Vinnk

I'd have said Xenoblade all year but the negative responses to the Japanese launch and the gameplay I've seen on YT I'm not even sure I'll buy it.

FF will be day one just because it's a FF game.

Yeah, If the youtube vids didn't catch your interest, it's a perfectly valid point.

But what negative responses to the Japanese launch are you referring to? Please don't say "that one guy from Kotaku". In general it was very well received by Japanese news sites, message boards and Japanese gamers.

It's sales were not as good as the first game (most likely due to the install base and the fact that there are few RPGs on the WiiU causing many RPG gamers to skip the system)

But I don't follow this title extensively so if you can please link me to the negative impressions. I haven't come across them. I live in Japan and the press at the time was good and word of mouth was also good.

wanders

Damn why the need to bring this thread back...

FFXV, if mostly because Xenoblade X looks like a step down from the original, based on impressions.

People say that and it reminds me when Xenobladr Chronicles was first announced and everyone shat on it for the flat texture fruistand. It wasn't until it was released in Europe that it gained a lot of traction and praise. I can be talking out of my ass here.

Anyways although these "impressions" hyped me down a bit I'm still excited for the game.

KiraXD

FFXV

Wasnt that big into Xenoblade... i mean i liked it.. but... its not a game that would make me buy a wii u... Plus XCX has really really terribly offputting character design compared to my love of Nomura's Androgynous Characters (and overall "pretty" characters) of FFXV.

FFXV sold me on a PS3 technically...
and ive been waiting for FFversusXIII for over 9 years...

TI82

Banned
FF XV

Xenoblade Chronicles was awful, like there's no way around it for me. That game was straight garbage. Which was especially damning since Monolith just came off making DBZ Attack of the Saiyins which was great. Damn Nintendo for buying them before that series was finished.

4Tran

Between the two, Final Fantasy XV, and by quite a lot. I'm not that excited for the game, but everything I've seen of Xenoblade X in the last year has been more of a turn-off than a selling point.

Top Bottom