• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward the most and why? Xenoblade X or FFXV?

Renewed

I'll say XenobladeX because although I'm looking forward to FFXV, I've never played a FF game before so my excitement comes from the outsider point of view (not to mention since it seems to be an open world action sort of game from what I've seen?)

Everything I've already seen of XenobladeX seems: better compared to the previous in gameplay, but trades off the typical hero's journey for a focus on world building (which is fine by me, makes side quests a better timesink). If amazon comes through with the price error at $20 before 30% off, then I'm golden.

Garlador

FF XV

Xenoblade Chronicles was awful, like there's no way around it for me. That game was straight garbage. Which was especially damning since Monolith just came off making DBZ Attack of the Saiyins which was great. Damn Nintendo for buying them before that series was finished.
I... Wut.

I know opinions and whatever... But Xenoblade is my favorite game of all time. In what terrible universe is it "straight garbage"?

Dark_castle

I was full on FFXV before, but now it's a split between Xenoblade X and FFXV. I'm far more excited for Persona 5, DQXI and FFVII remake at this point though.

TI82

Banned
I... Wut.

I know opinions and whatever... But Xenoblade is my favorite game of all time. In what terrible universe is it "straight garbage"?

I can't think of anything redeemable about that game. Maybe it was the sheer hype of it and then the extremely boring MMO-like combat and annoying VA. I dunno, the game is basically an MMO with no other players in it. Maybe if you like MMOs... but I don't. I thought I was going to get a fun action RPG like kingdom hearts, Ys, etc but no I just got that crud.

I have XCX preordered though, giving it another shot since I like mecha.

While Xenoblade's reception has been a bit lukewarm abroad, I'm still much more excited for it than Final Fantasy. I just don't trust Square Enix to make a quality Final Fantasy anymore. It'll be some sort of mix of half-baked ideas that they shoved in there to sell the game, not to make it great.

ghibli99

Playing through XBC3D right now and really enjoying it, whereas I haven't truly loved a FF since the PS1 generation, so it's an easy choice: XBX for me.

True Fire

This thread again. Oh boy! I probably posted before about how I thought XBX would be better than XV, and I know I'm going to be eating crow next year.

Xenoblade X was not a good game. The world was lifeless, the battle system was ridiculously unbalanced, and the music was so disappointing and saddening because I was expecting the OST of the year, not some experimental synthy J-rock.

I can't think of anything redeemable about that game. Maybe it was the sheer hype of it and then the extremely boring MMO-like combat and annoying VA. I dunno, the game is basically an MMO with no other players in it. Maybe if you like MMOs... but I don't. I thought I was going to get a fun action RPG like kingdom hearts, Ys, etc but no I just got that crud.

Curious, why would you post twice in the same page that you adamantly oppose Xenoblade?

Ikon

FFXV for me. I know it's been looking not so great lately and I would have preferred FFVXIII but Xenoblade Chronicles was one of my all time biggest disappointments. Everyone hyped it up to insane levels here on GAF and aside from the impressively large and pretty world there was nothing in that game that I liked. Oh well, we're just sharing opinions here anyway.

I am really excited for that xenoblade battle system within the sci-fi setting.

The mechs are also just about the coolest mount you could ever have.

Getting it day one

He was asking why I thought it was garbage. So I shared.
I think he was referring to these two posts.

Final fantasy XV. Xenoblade is an extremely overrated game with a decent story and horrible gameplay. I'm not sure if its because it was on a platform starved for good games or what but it doesn't deserve the praise it currently gets. So xenoblade X has a lot of work to convince me that it is an improvement.

FF XV

Xenoblade Chronicles was awful, like there's no way around it for me. That game was straight garbage. Which was especially damning since Monolith just came off making DBZ Attack of the Saiyins which was great. Damn Nintendo for buying them before that series was finished.

Months apart, but I guess you felt you weren't wrong enough for a single page.

Both, but if I had to choose one, Xenoblade. If only because I love love love love love love mechs so much, but I also love Xenogears/saga/blade as well.

Dremorak

Banned

You cant blame Xenoblade for your misconceptions about it. While you would be silly to deny its MMO inspirations, the combat is pretty different from an MMO.

You dont like it, fair enough. But enough people DO like it, so I dont think you could say its "straight garbage".

AgeEighty

The "FFXV is never actually coming out" line is horseshit of course, but there is something to be said for the fact that XCX is coming out soon.

Jawmuncher

They're so far apart it's both. Would be different if they came out the same month. Most here should be done with X when FFXV hits.

Top Bottom