• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? March 2010

I just finished Pebble in the Sky and I'm on to A Walk Across America

51JTYD92HNL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just getting into this whole "Reading" thing. I am finishing up "Starting Strength" by Rippetoe (weight training guide) and I will be delving into some classics right after, "The Prince", "Art of War", and "The 48 Laws of Power". I have a long flight coming up for a vacation so I will check in on this thread for other recommendations.

Erasus

Finished a few weeks ago:
118gdno.jpg

(I got it for christmas last year, but never picked it up. Its an awesome book, never read anything else he has written. )

Reading:
1zxp8vc.jpg

2d7g6pt.jpg

Ficcionies - Jorge Luis Borges

I don't know why I waited so long to read Borges. Because so many things I've read have been so heavily indebted to him and because I have encountered so many discussions of the concepts in his stories that the impact on me of his work's novelty is definitely blunted, but it's still wonderful. I should have read this back in high school when I first heard of him, and can't think of any good reason why I didn't.

Llyranor

Currently reading through two books.

During public transportation, I've been reading (for a while)
51B3WZD7X8L._SS500_.jpg

Nearing the end, as the book starts to go into the invasion of Crete. Pretty good read, amazing historical detail as the book goes into individual air skirmishes throughout the entire campaign.

For when I'm at home, currently going through (the early parts) of
51PZ5GE7XXL._SS500_.jpg

(volume 1 of 2)
Pretty huge books. Lots of photographs (including 'then and now' pictures) to enrich the text. The detail so far is pretty nice, as are the maps. Seems to feature more detail for the 101st and 82nd Airborne Divisions (at least in equal representation as the 1st Airborne so far), which my other books on Market-Garden don't provide.

Also just recently purchased the two unabridged volumes of
413V8P3S6XL._SS500_.jpg

though I haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

Top Bottom