• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your weird habits?

cormack12

Gold Member
ea6ee7cd-1b81-4109-91ba-5fd80bfb307f_text.gif

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I recently found a job as a night security officer at a hospital. Sometimes I will switch peoples desks for fun. I take everything off one desk and put it on another, and vice versa. I even switch the drawers and computers around. I leave everything exactly as I found it on the desktops, so they look the same, but they're in a different area in the room. When I imagine the utter confusion this creates in the morning, I giggle madly to myself. I sometimes get suspicious looks from my victims, and it's sometimes hard not to start laughing.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I recently found a job as a night security officer at a hospital. Sometimes I will switch peoples desks for fun. I take everything off one desk and put it on another, and vice versa. I even switch the drawers and computers around. I leave everything exactly as I found it on the desktops, so they look the same, but they're in a different area in the room. When I imagine the utter confusion this creates in the morning, I giggle madly to myself. I sometimes get suspicious looks from my victims, and it's sometimes hard not to start laughing.

Could have left some room for gullible people to believe you by not talking about moving computers around lol

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
In what on the spectrum lunch stealing ear cheese reality does Prank = habit?

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Whenever I open up a bottle of soda, I "blow out" the existing gas inside so I don't end up "drinking" it and filling up my stomach with said gas.

My wife calls me out on it all the time. Don't know where I picked it up.

wondermega

Whenever I open up a bottle of soda, I "blow out" the existing gas inside so I don't end up "drinking" it and filling up my stomach with said gas.

My wife calls me out on it all the time. Don't know where I picked it up.
Greeeeeeaaaaat. Now we are all going to start doing this. Thanks a LOT.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Toast crumbs!

If I am putting butter on my toast before transferring the knife back to the butter, I have to wipe all the toast crumbs off the knife onto some kitchen paper.

It also infuriates me if someone has had jam on toast and they have used the butter coated knife and placed it straight into the jar of jam creating a buttery mess.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Toast crumbs!

If I am putting butter on my toast before transferring the knife back to the butter, I have to wipe all the toast crumbs off the knife onto some kitchen paper.

It also infuriates me if someone has had jam on toast and they have used the butter coated knife and placed it straight into the jar of jam creating a buttery mess.

I just lick the knife. ymmv

During an assault i never tell the archers to hold.

That made me lol irl. 👊🏽

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Infuriate you say?
Toast crumbs!

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I need to have water on hand at any time.

I have a huge amount of difficulty trying new media; movies, series, music

I count out loud when hanging up laundry and folding them, or do the dishes (cleaning and putting them where they belong after).

Numbers like volume has to be even.

Having my blanket between my legs while sleeping.

Very hot coffee and ice cold water in the morning.

Prefer commando.

The need to have something over my head when sleeping.

Talking out loud to myself in public

Cursing, screaming or singing something random when I remember something cringe (happens a lot)

Basically 🤣

Dr. Suchong

Toast crumbs!

uT0YpQJ.jpeg

The true scourge of our times.

Billbofet

I have a set of speakers in my bar area/listening room that I knock on twice every time I walk by them.
Which is odd as I don't have any other compulsive behavior like that.

INC

My weirdest habit is liking someone, until I spot something out of place on them, this can be a single hair randomly in their face or something, then I hyper focus on it and it gives my the ick, keeping me at a constant distance, physically and emotionally, therefore keeping me in limbo, of ever being happy with some one

🤣😪😡

Trilobit

When closing my eyes and going to sleep I imagine myself in a snow storm and I have to seek shelter in a cabin. Or like there's a zombie out break so I have to seek shelter in a cabin. Makes me calm.

Is it cozy to just walk around at night and make sure everything is good? Or relax by the monitors whilst you take sips of freshly brewed coffee? Spare no details! I wish there was a fictional show where you follow cops or detectives solving cases only at night time. It could be called The Night Shifters, or maybe Caffeine Cops.

If I’m in a bad mood, I drive in other drivers blind spots, then honk at them when they try to get over like they’re cutting me off. I then extend the middle finger and laugh at them while they watch me accelerate to where they’re in my blind spot, before I aggressively get into their lane and cut them off. This is especially satisfying if they’re elderly.

shouting-070shake.gif

bean-driving.gif

old-woman-driving-9iiuc73sxco3v19j.gif

jj-laughing.gif

Last edited:

CGNoire

I love to Soak my Feet in Water before getting into Bed. I then keep them stuck out from the bottom of the covers so they can air dry. Feels so very coooool.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Very hot coffee and ice cold water in the morning.

Sometimes when I am doing a huge number 2 I am vocal like Randy from the South Park Randy takes a shit episode and mimmick it.
These two sound like cause and effect.

I talk to myself. A lot. And not always just in my head. I guess I've been so influenced by adults telling me what to do and how to do it as a child, I need to have a voice telling me what to do and how to do it most of the times.

I act like a comic book / manga character in many interactions. Exaggerated expressions, quirky poses, all of that. I'm often putting on a show. I almost never get to Ace Ventura levels, but I've gone there with people I am very confident with.

if I touch one side of my body, especially my face or ears, I feel the urge to touch the other side symmetrically. Especially if it's cold, like my ears or the tip of my nose.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I talk to myself. A lot. And not always just in my head. I guess I've been so influenced by adults telling me what to do and how to do it as a child, I need to have a voice telling me what to do and how to do it most of the times.

High Five Friends GIF by Amazon Freevee

Although my reasons are because I've been a hermit for to long.

Passed the threshold as it where lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom