• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you have for dinner last night?

maxcriden

As inspiration, here are some excerpts from an article about what people around the world eat for dinner.

indonesianfood_CreativeCOmmons.jpg

There’s a saying in Indonesia that its people aren’t full unless they've eaten rice – but what it is served with depends on the region. Chicken, tofu, and fish are popular options for dishes which are served alongside raw or blanched vegetables, and seasoned with spices. Soup is foten served on the side, as well as crackers or kerupuk.

jamaican_food_Rf_0.jpg

The food in Jamaica mixes flavours from Spain, the UK, Africa, India and China. Rice is a staple in Jamaica, and is often served with and peas. Ackee and saltfish is also a popular meal – both for dinner and breakfast – and is devoured with rice and peas, bread, dumplings, friend plantain or boiled green bananas. Meats – the most popular being pork and chicken – are often seasoned with sweet-yet-hot jerk spices.

feijkoada.jpg

Brazil’s national dish is feijkoada – a thick stew with pork and beef that is prepared in a clay pot and served with rice. Yams or tapioca are also eaten as the carbohydrate component in dishes. A light dinner could consist of coffee, bread, cheese and cold cuts of meat. 
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...eat-for-dinner-around-the-world-a6732036.html

-

And, something I would not recommend:

Pictured above: an unideal meal for $8.50 in 2014.

-

Pictured above: chicken tenders similar to those I consumed last night.

Last night, I ordered homemade chicken tenders and crinkle-cut fries at my neighborhood café. Nothing exciting, but really hit the spot with the homemade breading. Crinkles are not my favorite fries but they were satisfying as well. We've been eating a lot of smoothie bowls so I felt like something less healthy was OK.

dtcm83

Made double decker tacos (soft tortilla on outside, cheese in middle, hard shell on inside) with ground beef + spices, chopped up a few vegetables for toppings. Also made some homemade guacamole on the side. Corona and lime for beverage.

Qasiel

Soft shell tacos with homemade salsa served with baby-leaf spinach.

Was actually quite nice to come home to after a 7-mile cycle home in heavy rain.

v1lla21

Your mom.

Pizza. Got home late yesterday and I still had to finish up for work today and I also changed the oil for my mom's car. Said fuck it and drove to the local pizza place.

CHC

A tuna roll, 2 beers, and some rice noodles, and a mango. Not my finest hour but it's final exam time and I can really pay the kind of attention to my eating that I usually do.

Huge bowl of couscous with pepper and paprika.
Wasn't able to leave the house/go shopping in the afternoon because I had no key (my guest took it with them to get back inside after work), and I had nothing else

Mikeside

I'm trying to shift the last few lbs for my wedding so I had a slimmer's milkshake for dinner last night.

's not as bad as I thought.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
a few crackers with cheddar cheese. Had a big lunch, so I was keeping it light.

I guess you would call it a Peanut Butter Pie Parfait. It was a large cup with peanut butter pie filling, those Nutter Butter cookies and whipped cream as the layers with chocolate sauce on top.

I am diabetic. I usually avoid sweets but I've been backsliding lately. Also justified it to myself because I have a really bad cold.

After that I wasn't completely full so I ate two Mike And Dana's Beer Sausages sprayed with Easy Cheese.

Top Bottom