• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you have for dinner last night?

maxcriden

Good pictures make everything look better.

I had applebee's lol

How were those shrimp? I am always disappointed with the Applebee's burgers. As far as chains go apart from the Oriental Fried Chicken Salad I think everything else there kind of blows in terms of savory food. Those pretzels are ok, I think I had them once.

Poppy

i had sleep for dinner

i fell asleep at about 7pm

thats also what i had for dinner the last two nights

i really need to stay awake so i can do some housework

Poppy

This just in

Food provides energy and staves off sleep

but all i have is soylent and i dont really want to drink it by the time i get home

also i had a chocolate bar, that was like 400 calories, but that didnt keep me up either. plus a diet coke, and thats caffeine

i think i am just a tired person

Rotisserie chicken with some microwave Uncle Ben's and bread. I was thinking about "fancy noodles" (basically a ramen package but cooked on the stove with chicken broth, onion, and a jalapeno pepper) but I was too tired.

Had to help my cousin and his wife pick up a new bed for their 3 year old last night and Whole Foods was next to the furniture store.

Ended up eating some pizza (The Alpine Pig & Forest Fungi) and a cupcake for dessert.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
How were those shrimp? I am always disappointed with the Applebee's burgers. As far as chains go apart from the Oriental Fried Chicken Salad I think everything else there kind of blows in terms of savory food. Those pretzels are ok, I think I had them once.

Imagine yummy crispy shrimp, coated in Wendy's creamy sriracha sauce. They're pretty good. imo

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Roasted vegetables.

Faiz

Seared steak with a shallot and veal demi glace sauce. Crispy fingering potatoes roasted with Dijon and Parmesan. Sautéed spinach, peas, and shallots.

y2dvd

Pan-fried salmon seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and basil with a squeeze of lemon along with papaya on the side.

GamerJM

Banned
Microwavable noodles. I can't cook yet and the university cafeteria was only open while a Smash tournament that I went to was going on so my options were limited.

UCBooties

Blackened fish filet over white rice with green beans.

I didn't bother with a recipe. I just took the fish, patted it dry, rubbed on seasoned salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cumin and a bit of flower. Then I smashed some garlic, threw it in the pan with too much butter, let it get nice and hot and fried the fish. It turned out pretty great.

Vkandrew

Some awful hospital food. Some kind of sandwhich with I think turkey on it. My wife delivered our baby boy last night so our food choices were limited haha. One more night at the hospital and then I will make her something delicious to compensate.

Kumquat

Since I had gastric sleeve surgery I have been doing a ton of cooking which I was already pretty good doing but now I do almost all meat and veg with low carb. Last night I did pecan crusted chicken topped by a demi-glace with charred bbq carrots. Wasn't the best thing I ever made but it was pretty good.

xC3p4xM.jpg

My wife actually made a concoction of cauliflower, shredded cheddar mixed with cream cheese, sausage, chicken, and mushrooms that tasted like heaven. This coming from someone that absolutely hates cauliflower.

Meier

A Boom Pie:

boompie.jpg

So good. They're from here in Austin but I believe Whole Foods stocks them nationwide or at least on a fairly wide scale.

JB1981

Chipotle bowl. Base is shredded lettuce and brown rice. Pinto beans, chicken, mild salsa, corn, guacamole.

Ughhhhhhh need to really cut down the calories. Summer is here and I need to look semi decent on the beach

Falchion

Didn't feel like cooking last night since I was leaving for a trip today so I just got Chipotle which was delicious.

NandoGip

salad with grilled chicken avocado sour cream onion and shredded cheese

on a diet so I only ate half... lil too high calorie for it to be a diet meal

maxcriden

Fried rice but the rice to water ratio in the rice cooker was accidentally wrong so it was fried rice without the actual rice. Just scrambled egg, broccoli and red pepper. Tonight we will try again. We ended up having some of this since we were still hungry:

products_chicagofair_lg-1.jpg

Top Bottom