• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you have for dinner last night?

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Went to one of Sydney's top Japanese restaurants with a friend who is also an owner of a really good Japanese restaurant in Sydney. He ordered so much I couldn't enjoy the food. I asked him, do I order that much when I come to your restaurant?
Yes

I did enjoy the Mackerel Sashimi though. That was before I got full on Sausage Yakitoris.

maxcriden

Went to one of Sydney's top Japanese restaurants with a friend who is also an owner of a really good Japanese restaurant in Sydney. He ordered so much I couldn't enjoy the food. I asked him, do I order that much when I come to your restaurant?
Yes

I did enjoy the Mackerel Sashimi though. That was before I got full on Sausage Yakitoris.

Is your friend Tatsuya? :O

Man, I had enchiladas for the first time. Absolutely fucking incredible. Had no idea about them. So pleased to find something so delicious.

http://cookdiary.net/wp-content/uploads/images/ENCHILADAS_5501.jpg

Sometimes they are awesome, sometimes too dry IMO. Sounds like you found a good place for them!

Peche in the warehouse district in downtown New Orleans. Catfish fried fish sticks, gumbo and hushpuppies.

hope you washed that down with some good beignets

Chicken salad. Since I quit smoking I seemed to start gaining a little weight despite not eating extra so I've been eating a lot of lower calorie dinners recently.

maxcriden

More fried rice. But also, air-popped popcorn and some ridiculously good Haagen-Dasz:

07_bowl_vanillablkberrychoc3_cropped.jpg

It begins with the classic taste of pure vanilla ice cream then, one layer of crispy Belgian chocolate later, becomes the vine-ripened intensity of blackberry ice cream

Dangerously good ice cream...!

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Code:
kings hawaiian roll top
coleslaw
grilled pineapple
grilled smokey flavor spam
mustard
kings hawaiian roll bottom

x2, only the second one I added a slice of pepper jack cheese (I don't think it needed the cheese) And maybe replace the mustard with a kind of tangy mango chutney next time.

I haven't had spam in decades, and compared to my memory of it as a kid, it was pretty tasty. At the store I was in awe by how many flavors they have now. I got one smokey flavor and one Bacon mix. I did some digging later and apparently they have like 50 more flavors in Hawaii. And the pork is cooked in the can while packaging.

LionPride

Banned
A pasta with chicken breast
Pizza from Papa John's
Chick fil A
Chipotle
Food from a choclate fountain
Sushi
Sushi dipped in chocolate

I was at a lock-in post graduation

maxcriden

Code:
kings hawaiian roll top
coleslaw
grilled pineapple
grilled smokey flavor spam
mustard
kings hawaiian roll bottom

x2, only the second one I added a slice of pepper jack cheese (I don't think it needed the cheese) And maybe replace the mustard with a kind of tangy mango chutney next time.

I haven't had spam in decades, and compared to my memory of it as a kid, it was pretty tasty. At the store I was in awe by how many flavors they have now. I got one smokey flavor and one Bacon mix. I did some digging later and apparently they have like 50 more flavors in Hawaii. And the pork is cooked in the can while packaging.

Spam is legitimately delicious in the right setting. Spam and eggs, spam fried rice, spam musubi. All awesome.

I took my boyfriend out to a nice steakhouse by the Chicago river. I treated myself to the seafood section >:)

I don't understand the use of this emoji :O

Quake1028

House salad w/ thousand island dressing
Mozzarella sticks
Medium rare tri tip with cheese potato cakes and veggies

From Claim Jumper. I'm on a business trip.

maxcriden

Zankou chicken with the basmati rice and hummus, amazing every time.

I'm assuming this is the one in LA. Ever try Sabra Beirut Mix in Hermosa Beach? Best rotisserie chicken I have ever had in my life.

Edit: apparently Sabra Beirut Mix is now in El Segundo and the location I knew of was renamed The Beirut Mix. No idea if they're owned by the same people but oddly the menu at the latter looks more like the Sabra we used to frequent than the menu for the El Segundo location....

I'm assuming this is the one in LA. Ever try Sabra Beirut Mix in Hermosa Beach? Best rotisserie chicken I have ever had in my life.

Edit: apparently Sabra Beirut Mix is now in El Segundo and the location I knew of was renamed The Beirut Mix. No idea if they're owned by the same people but oddly the menu at the latter looks more like the Sabra we used to frequent than the menu for the El Segundo location....

Can't say that I have, but I certainly would.

Takuan

Two chicken breasts
Two cups of spinach cooked in coconut oil
Oven-baked homemade yam fries
Half an avocado

P good, if I do say so myself. The chicken breasts were the worst thing, 'cause they're store-bought and pre-cooked; all kinds of shit in there, I bet, but they taste good.

We're in Anguilla and my brother decided to buy a fucking grill in St Martin and bring it here. Anyway, turned out not to be a bad idea.

Last night at 3am we had left over ribs, seafood pasta, shrimp, chips and salsa and grilled some burgers on our front porch

maxcriden

A ham and cheese jaffle. It transformed some very dry white bread into a magical sandwich casing. Yum. And a strawberry and blueberry fruit salad.

We got the jaffle maker after seeing the amazingly talented contestants of MasterChef Australia create incredibly inventive pocket sandwiches in a jaffle challenge last year.

Top Bottom