• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect from 2024 Xbox Showcase announcements?

For it to get heavily trashed by PlayStation fanboys.
and the media. dont forget
HB0s2LP.jpg

T4keD0wN

15 minutes of Kojima talking with Ryan Reynolds or someone equivalent, Adele performs snake eater song.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is a given id say.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Hellblade 2 and Avowed are slated for 2024 iirc, so probably a big focus on those. Wouldn’t surprise me if either Contraband or Clockwork Revolution is 2024 as well and get a release date trailer.

I definitely think they’ll have a segment promoting all the ActiBlizz stuff coming to GamePass.

Also feels like it’s about time we got a new trailer/teaser for Perfect Dark.

Pelao

Hopefully more info on Flight Simulator, at this point the only franchise of theirs, along with Forza Horizon, that I really care about.

WitchHunter

Banned
more Hellblade 2 gameplay? FABLE gameplay?

some news about Perfect Dark or Indiana Jones, or even the Gears of War 6 ??

Let's talk
A new game where you are the CEO of MS and have to spend 145 billion dollars, because the banks cannot hold more fiat money for your corpo. You can buy rival corporations, animals, people, even buy a country's air reserves.

A Brand new controller .
Silent buttons and dpad,
LED indicators for multiple devices standard.
LED programable accent lighting.
Wireless charging dock standard. Built in rechargeable battery.
Completely new HD rumble.
Driftless Sticks.
$79.99

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Them not saying stuff will carry over, or that there will be an upgrade path is a bad sign.

They already said the stuff will carry over, it was announced with the game.

Will all purchases users have made from the Marketplace be transferrable to the new simulator?

With very few exceptions, virtually all add-ons that work in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) today will function in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024. Add-ons that were purchased from the in-simulator Marketplace will not need to be re-purchased in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

Hopefully news of some more back compat 360 titles.

I Hope Please GIF

Last edited:

icerock

The last big show they did in summer of 2023 was really good so more of that please. Talking and self-pandering to a minimum, show more games.

mystech

What I HOPE to see is a lot more effort and a more fleshed out year. What I EXPECXT to see is Microsoft relying heavily on Hellblade 2, Stalker and Avowed to reinvigorate the Xbox brand while most of the games people really want get pushed to 2025 (which might be the best year for the Series systems).

2024 is a pretty crucial year for Xbox. Sales performance is already low and most of the exclusives that should have boosted sales in 2023 ended up being disappointments. Looking ahead to next year, the battle will be much tougher. Not only is Sony rumored to launch the PS5 Pro (along with their own DLSS) which should help overcome some of the performance disappointments we have been dealing with this generation but we also have the absolute wildcard that is Nintendo. It's all but confirmed that they will launch "something" next year and that something is supposed to have performance capabilities that will make it a lot more competitive with PS5 and Series S/X (although DLSS can't do miracles but I'm sure at first glance Switch 2 games will look close enough to the bigger systems).

If Microsoft can't pull a 180 in 2024, they might as well do what the rumors are saying and start off the next gen in 2026. Getting an early start worked out for them with the 360, maybe it can work again...

Top Bottom