• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect from 2024 Xbox Showcase announcements?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Are we expecting one in January? What date was the one last year?

I'm hoping for love in game demos and some solid release dates.

Onviously, a surprise or two.

Godot25

Banned
Ideal structure for me would be

First trailer for Black Ops Gulf War - Microsoft would be stupid not to tie their showcases to COD reveals since it brings plenty of additional audience. Also I expect Black Ops Gulf War being first "next-gen only" Call of Duty and first COD that will be on Game Pass day one.
If Hellblade 2/Avowed would not be out by then trailer for those games (although I expect Hellblade 2 sometimes in may)
Perfect Dark/State of Decay 3 gameplay - Matt Booty said that we will see Perfect Dark and State of Decay 3 in next 18 months (he said it in june 2023)
Third-party Game Pass games (I have no clue which ones will Microsoft secure)
Indiana Jones full reveal with 2024/2025 release window
Shattered Space for Starfield reveal with release date
Forza Horizon 6 reveal
id Software new game reveal, since it will be more then 4 years from Doom Eternal release (either Doom Year Zero or Quake reboot)
New Spyro game from Toys for Bob
Contraband gameplay

Everwild, Clockwork Revolution, South of Midnight, The Outer Worlds 2, Project Kestrel, Tatanka, Fable, OD, Gears 6, COD 2025 (duh?) etc. will be left for next years showcase.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Hellblade 2 only needs a release date and I'm in. I'd love to see new Doom, first Indiana Jones trailer and longer Stalker 2 gameplay (and 2024 release if possible).

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
Hellblade 2 only needs a release date and I'm in. I'd love to see new Doom, first Indiana Jones trailer and longer Stalker 2 gameplay (and 2024 release if possible).
Stalker 2 is still slated for Q1 2024 based on last trailer from few weeks ago, so it's more than probable that game will be out by the time next Showcase is (in june).
Hellblade 2 will get release date in next Developer Direct in january/february.

Alan Wake

I don't expect much anymore.

They've shown enough of Hellblade II now, just give us a release date. I hope we'll see something from Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark and whatever Rare is working on (is Everwild still in development?). It's time.

Chukhopops

I want to see confirmation of the Oblivion remaster and that it keeps the same mechanics under the hood but with a UE5 graphical output.

Also a Fable release date and we're good to go.

ungalo

What i would want is one game release before the June showcase but it doesn't seem likely.

edit : one release that is not Towerborne if possible

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
Are we expecting one in January? What date was the one last year?

I'm hoping for love in game demos and some solid release dates.

Onviously, a surprise or two.
OP is asking about a Showcase, and that will be in June.

But I fully expect Microsoft to have Developer_Direct in January/February with release dates for Hellblade 2, Avowed, Towerborne and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 since all of those games are slated for 2024.

Aion002

State of Decay 3.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by Bombay Softwares

Darsxx82

MS has potential and foundation for the equivalent of 3 E3 events this year. Between what was announced with a soon-to-be release date, what was announced but without gameplay, what was not announced but with a long development time, XBSpublishing and 3rd party content with a marketing agreement (I remember E3 for Xbox and PS where 95% were multiplatform games 😂) new hardware/new controller?......I suppose that one day so much accumulated should be shown, right?🤔😂😂

I don't know how they will release the information (continued DirectXbox?, several large events?, separate events by publishers?...), but it is clear that they need to give a boost to the credibility of the catalog and attract attention and mindshare from the very beginning of the anus.

My total disappointment if it is not the year where they are shown:

-Indiana Jones

-Perfect Dark

-Gears 6
-Project ID

-FH 6 (3 years of development is plausible)

-Fable (extensive gameplay) .

PS.For an XboxDirect in January-February, I don't expect much to be honest. New controller annunced maybe?

Last edited:

Moses85

Great exclusives are in the make. We will share Information soon.

2024 will be the greatest year of Xbox ever (like every year before)

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Goalus

Gears remaster collection incl. Judgment
Gears 6
Fable
Unnamed project by People Can Fly

are what I'm hoping for.

Edit - forgot these:

Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders remaster
Hexen incl. Deathkings of the Dark Citadel remaster
Hexen 2 incl. Portal of Praevus remaster
Heretic 2 remaster
Quake 4 remaster

-FH 6 (3 years of development is plausible)
I'd rather have them take their time until fall 2025.
Judging by the Steam charts, FH5 is still doing well enough and should continue to do so throughout 2024. That gives them the opportunity to deliver a truly outstanding product - which is necessary as the formula has grown stale lately (at least for me).

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Expect? A whole lot of nothing… but there is always the possibility of being surprised. 🤷‍♂️

Edmund

Phil Spencer appears on stage and announces he has acquired a developer. Ted Price comes on stage, shakes Phil's hands and then announces Wolverine as Xbox exclusive.

ungalo

MS has potential and foundation for the equivalent of 3 E3 events this year.
We say that every year as well.

And also, it seems Microsoft set the bar so low this last few years that people are just satisfied when they see something. This is why the last showcase was met with praise, which i don't really understand.

Most of the time the games look better when we see a vague name on a list and can imagine things than when we actually see them for real.

Chukhopops

OP is asking about a Showcase, and that will be in June.

But I fully expect Microsoft to have Developer_Direct in January/February with release dates for Hellblade 2, Avowed, Towerborne and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 since all of those games are slated for 2024.
Forgot about FS24, really curious about the « campaign mode » as it will require a significant engine overhaul to work.

Also I hope trolls come up with at least one new joke next year but maybe it’s too much to ask.

Oblivion Remake, Fable gameplay, Hellblade 2 locked release date and more Clocktower Revolution. Not such a highbar even current xbox management can clear it.
I hope.

Darsxx82

I'd rather have them take their time until fall 2025.
Judging by the Steam charts, FH5 is still doing well enough and should continue to do so throughout 2024. That gives them the opportunity to deliver a truly outstanding product - which is necessary as the formula has grown stale lately (at least for me).

I would also give them an extra year until 2025 and make an FH6 as good as possible. In fact, I would give them extra time so they could make a new IP or recover PGR🤗.
But I include it as something plausible to see since 3 years of development is what FH5 needs.

We will see.

Top Bottom