• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does GAF want in a Street Fighter 5 season 2 ?

lupinko

10 new characters for season pass 2:
- SF1 slot
- SF2 slot
- SF3 slot
- SF4 slot
- SFA slot
- Rival Schools slot
- Final Fight slot
- SFEX guest slot
- New Character
- New Character

Gill as the new final boss and complementary Decapre since she's basically done.

Platy

COnsidering they deliver daily challenges and arcade mode this year ...

Grown up Sakura

most of the new characters being found in SF1 because it is the fucking anniversary of the series and it needs more love

New chapters for the new story mode just to follow the story

Not much else to allow for capcom teams to work on other fighting games

Before season 2 I want an open letter from Capcom outlining their vision for the game moving forward and an acknowledgement of the difficulties in season 1. I want to know what they are going to fix and change and what they are going to leave alone. I don't need them to include a timetable, but I think they owe the community a huge "we hear you." Also, although it might upset some people, I think they need to be more up front about fight money, admitting the diminishing returns are intentional and that the vast majority of players will never be able to unlock everything through fight money.

Of course, not everybody would be able to unlock everything I thought that part at the very least was clear from the get go.

Online training - Sometimes me and my friends want to try something out but we have to do a FT10 and have a fake training session. It was a cool feature to have in USF4

Zangief buffs - 250dmg L.SPD, 275 M.SPD, 300 H.SPD

Neoxon

I'm pretty lax in terms of what characters I want for Season 2, but the likes of Sean, Akuma, Gill, & Crimson Viper would be nice. I'd ask for Haggar, Dudley, & the Lee Twins, but I'm not sure if they have a shot at Season 2.

As for your proposal for a new Season 2 disc, having the first 2 characters would depend on if said characters are out in time for the disc's release.

Teepo671

I hope they start offering bundle packs for premium outfits.
Also, I'd love to see Poison and/or Cody make a return.

I'm also really hoping the daily targets aren't just for ranked matches since matchmaking takes forever to find matches for me. Hopefully the targets can be completed in lobbies.

Windforce

I want to play with players all over the world, and not only against my region, this limits the player base too much and I'm often seeing myself pit against gold players while I'm a bronze. It needs good matchmaking that won't make people feel as terrible, I'm not enjoying coming online to play people way out of my league. Don't blame me for ragequitting as soon as I see myself matched against a 4k+ person, I'll say fuck it and turn the console off right away.

Also, long ass loadings, shitty shadows, slow interface/menus after ending a fight, it needs to be all much faster to get back on fight.

1. Fix or replace the netcode with something better.

2. Fix loading times. Even on PC they are bad.

3. Release a free to play version so there's actually enough people playing it online.

4. No new teenage girl fighters.

lupinko

1. Fix or replace the netcode with something better.

2. Fix loading times. Even on PC they are bad.

3. Release a free to play version so there's actually enough people playing it online.

4. No new teenage girl fighters.

Oh hell nah dawg, we are so totally getting Akira.

Dremark

Banned
OP is wat tl;dr.

Anyway it would be nice if it had an arcade mode and didn't lock any sort of progress to online only.

Aside from that I'd like to see Adon and Eagle return. Also Q and C. Viper to a lesser extent

SAKURA BUT WITH NO SCHOOL SKIRT

Got it outta the way

EDIT : lmfaooooooo

Pervert.

cordy

Banned
- Sakura (with no schoolgirl shit, adult Sakura)
- Akuma (new look)
- Azam
- Viper
- ???
- ???

As for everything else....

- Arcade Mode with openings and endings
- Scenario Campaign 2
- World Tour Mode
- Additional Criticals and V-moves for characters
- Additional Stages / Themes / Whatever

Just fill it out.

Neoxon

- Sakura (with no schoolgirl shit, adult Sakura)
- Akuma (new look)
- Azam
- Viper
- ???
- ???

As for everything else....

- Arcade Mode with openings and endings
- Scenario Campaign 2
- Daily Challenges (since idk when those are coming up)
- World Tour Mode
- Additional Criticals and V-moves for characters
- Additional Stages / Themes / Whatever

Just fill it out.
That's coming in September, likely alongside Urien.

Zafir

Uh...what?

This is one problem this game definitely doesn't have.

It has a decent amount of people playing online(especially for a fighter). It doesn't have a great amount, or anywhere near as much as it could have, imo.

The matchmaking is negatively impacted by it at least. The fact that people can see such massive disparity in the skill level of their opponents kind of proves it.

Either way, I don't see how going f2p is a bad thing. More players is better for everyone. More money for Capcom to improve the game, more players to play with and against thus better competition.

SephLuis

I don't see any mention of it, but I would love if Capcom could shorten the loading times before matches. It isn't horribly bad, but it adds ups when you play a lot.

When compared to something like DoA5, it becomes very noticeable.

Neoxon

I want Oni back.
85833-is-it-too-much-to-ask-for-both-2yVg.gif

sfv-concept-art-oni.jpg

Arcade mode including fight request
New menu interface
Faster loadings
Ranked Lobbies
Player messaging/chat
Better online connection
Region selection on lobbie search
In game menu broadcast search ( a la KoF14)
Free stuff
I want Poison and Blanka

Quality of life changes, mostly.

• player 2 gets a rematch button
  • training mode remembers your settings
  • consolidating the win screens
  • character themes in versus mode

Stuff like that.

liquidtmd

Banned
Fully featured Arcade Mode
Decent World Tour Mode

You add those and whatever else you want in Season 2, relaunch it as Super Street Fighter 5 and give it a £25-£30 price point at retail - you'll have an absolute winner on your hands Cacpcom

Village

Year of final fight

Cody
Guy
Poison
Hugo
Maki
Rolento
Cody's weird brother from Final Fight street wise's costume for cody.

Honestly, I'm extremely happy with Street Fighter as a product. It's so well made and truly the highest level amongst current fighters(all respects to KI though). There are only a few things I actually want from a new season's standpoint.

- Balancing of "weaker" characters. As a FANG player, I'd appreciate this. Characters like Ken get big, easy damage, while still being easy to play and manipulate. Generally speaking of course. Make characters that have to do more work, worth it.

- Punish Rage Quitters with instant pain and regret. Auto demotions, RQ Tax(take a certain amount of your fight money), etc. I don't care if they need to rewrite the whole damn game. Get it up and working properly ZX then make them pay. Period.

- No more Shoto style characters. Please Capcom. You preached about SF5 having a diverse and contrasting cast throughout, now make due on that. Another Shoto isn't helping that, at all. If you must, make it Sean, the most unshoto of shotos there is.

That's it. Don't care at all about single player modes, if the trash story mode is anything to go by. I'll have fun playing actual people, instead of horrific AI.

Edit: The option to disable character themes would be nice. Shit never fits the stage at all and ends up sounding shoehorned in.

vocab

Better online.
Filter lobbies by region option.
AA's that actually do damage.
More tools for characters that lack neutral.

I would love for every character to get an ex v-skill. Also it would be nice if they cut down some of the input lag but because that may have come from ps4 vs PC matches that might not be possible. As far as characters go I would really like for rose, Cody, and sean to return.

Zerojul

The thirst for Sak is real here.

Being not realistic at all :
I want a new story mode, a world tour mode and new trials.
I want an arcade mode and a fixed survival mode.
I want reduced loading times and fixed lobbies with filters etc...
I want
- Sagat
- Honda
- Maki or Guy
- Sodom
- Oro
- Q
- Hakan
- Skullo
- Daigo and Akira from Rival Schools

alcheim

More critical arts per character would be nice.
And none of that pick-only-one nonsense; make it like what Capcom did in Darkstalkers (multiple super moves along with EX/ES specials).

Can we also maybe 1-2 of the less popular characters per season (Like Hakan, Oro, El Fuerte)?

Uh...what?

This is one problem this game definitely doesn't have.
Did Capcom suddenly sell another couple million copies and I missed it?

Matchmaking times are always so slow. I know part of that is their matchmaking itself, but SF5 doesn't have a healthy constant influx of new players to replace the inevitable retirees, and since sales were middling to begin with they don't have a lot of wiggle room.

A simple F2P version would go a long way towards fixing that. Killer Instinct-level matchmaking times would be fantastic.

(Honestly releasing almost any modern fighting game without a F2P version is dumb. Way to throw away easy money and penalize your fans, Japanese publishers.)

I'm probably not coming back. SF isn't my main fighter and I just wanted a nice stop gap until I got back to the one I enjoy most. That said if they fix up these things I'd turn it on every now and then:

-Speed up matchmaking: I can't get down with all this waiting. The absolute fun killer.

-One-sided lag: The Alt-tab boogeyman really hurt the faith in crossplay, but this is the root cause. It's dumb and really should have been a top priority fix. I fear they can't actually fix it without deep changes to online.

-DInput support: Already use the emulator but it's super clunky if you have more than two controller configs.

-Stats: CFN promised a lot of shit, including all those stats about stuff you do during matches. Menus are there but they do nothing. Sure would be nice if they did something.

-Crossplay messaging: Self explanatory.

-Boost the Fight Money: Dailies being implemented may address this, but FM is pretty paltry in this game unless you grind or cheat on a very anti-fun Survival Mode. I don't think it's right to see people with thousands of games played online having significantly less FM than me who has only played 100 but has gone through the character story modes and a few rounds of survival.

I just want more characters. All I truly care about really.

More classic stages would also be great to have.

Still waiting on:

- Haggar
- Eagle
- Oro
- Maki

Would love to see Akira/Batsu make it into Street Fighter one day. Truthfully, I'd love Shoma, but he isn't very likely if RS characters were thrown in. Lol

Top Bottom