• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does GAF want in a Street Fighter 5 season 2 ?

janoDX

Abel, Decapre, C. Viper, Sakura, Gill and Akuma as DLC are my realistic expectations.

And a season 2 story mode that covers the events of SF3 (aka. a Remake of SF3 inside SFV)

Bittercup

I would like to see some singleplayer content.
I don't know what, just anything fun. Not like survival. I'm new to fighting games and playing online is daunting and frustrating. So I play with my friend which is fun but I have nothing I want do when playing alone. Arcade mode would probably be the best addition.

Extending the story mode would be nice as well (without crazy difficult spikes this time). I actually liked it very much and made me interested in reading up the story of the previous games.

Keyboard customization. How is this not in the game yet? You have to use external tools like autohotkey if you want to change the keys.

Poison. I really like her moves and skills in SFIV Ultra and miss her in SFV.

More beach costumes. Especially the guys need more eye candy outfits.

-Arcade mode
-Resigned menus - Arcade, VS (VS player, VS CPU, CPU VS CPU), Online, Challenges, Training, Games (break the car, smash the barrel) Settings, Gallery, Store.
-Characters - Akuma, Sagat, Blanka, E Honda, Fei Long, Dee Jay, T Hawk (bring the original world warriors back!), but now bring characters from SFIV, SFIII, SFEX3, and SFA3...in addition to brand new ones
-Stages - more classic and brand new stages
-Music - bring back original tracks from past games
-costumes - classic, new, bikini are all good
-Make loading screens disappear or at least be significantly reduced. I would play this game a lot more but the amount of time waiting to get a match online or if you're in between matches or sometimes just connecting to the server is painful.
-have other methods to earn FM, reduce the challenge of survival
-don't have most of the game tied to online or at least a backup of FM earned if game disconnecteds for whatever reason.

All I can think of for now.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
gym-sakura.jpg

selo

- Fix current bugs and controller issues (direct input on PC)
- more characters (8, makoto please)
- rehaul menus/UI
- improve netcode and online experience
- make combo system have more variety
- give chars new CA's and new vskill/triggers

petghost

Banned
i think the clear first and most important thing they gotta fix if they want their game to be a decent fg is cut back on the 8f of input lag as much as possible...at least try to be comparable to the other games on the market.

DR2K

Banned
I'd like an easier to play Viper. Also Decapre, since she's already mostly finished.

If Rose somehow made it in that would be great. Game could use more zoning.

Also more supers for each character.

Hyun Sai

In order of priority :

- Improving the netcode sync and matchmaking

- A decent lobby sytem. Playing KoF XIII reminded me how out of time this system is in SFV.

- Same RQ system than in SFIV. One disconnect = one loss, and one win for the opponent. Rage quitter problem solved.

- Double the FM in ranked mode.

Gren

I could do with them decreasing the input lag, but if just speaking of additional content/features:

I want selectable winposes again. Feels like forever since I've seen them. Hell, take a page from Overwatch's highlight intros and make us "buy" them if you must.

DJwest

-An additional critical art for every character.
-Q, Sagat, Akuma, Hugo, Dudley.
-More stages.
-Arcad Mode and VS CPU.
-Redesigned UI.

MattXIII

+ New characters obviously (I don't care who)
+ New Critical arts / V Triggers
+ Kill the 8 frames of input lag
+ Get rid of the ugly Shadow dithering on Ps4
+ Minimize clipping (Easier said than done)
+ Ability to customize stage music
+ Remix Survival mode (Spend points on check-points, include DLC characters and stages)
+ Arcade Mode with FM prizes (Just do it)
+ Save Training mode options
+ Buff Juri

All I can think of for now

TacosNSalsa

only 3 things I really want.

1. Fix that 8 frames of lag BS.Nothing quite like knowing you're reacting to something but the game can't keep up.

2. Akuma

3 Online training

Bonus: Please let us select character themes!!

Seijuro

At least 6 new Fighters, but 8 wouldn't hurt. Make it at least 4 brandnew additions to SF.

More stages!!! I know the times of a background stage per character are behind us, but they could try! Maybe make a new stage available with each S2 character that releases.

gelf

Arcade mode is still needed for me to jump onboard in the first place. In dreamland I'd also like a World Tour mode or even better some approximation of Virtua Fighter's Quest mode.

Other then that I wouldn't mind some classic backgrounds from other games then SF2. And characters I'd like back would be Sagat, Cody, Dudley and Rolento.

Makoto
Sakura
Loading times
Region filter
Lobby system
Kens head
Online Training
Character select before match starts
Shadow and background fixes on PS4
Store pricing overhaul
Record of stats
Netcode fix/GGPO
Offline stuff as mentioned in OP.

I just want Sakura, everything else is just a cherry on my Icecream.

Oh yeah I want classic Ken, made like sf2.

And if you want me to go to the extreme, then Blair from sf ex also.

MrCarter

+ New characters obviously (I don't care who)
+ New Critical arts / V Triggers
+ Kill the 8 frames of input lag
+ Get rid of the ugly Shadow dithering on Ps4
+ Minimize clipping (Easier said than done)
+ Ability to customize stage music
+ Remix Survival mode (Spend points on check-points, include DLC characters and stages)
+ Arcade Mode with FM prizes (Just do it)
+ Save Training mode options
+ Buff Juri

All I can think of for now

This. I would also add fixing the awful lobbies with more customisation and features, new and improved UI and team battles.

improve the online. fix those errors, no more one sided rollback, detect unstable connections like wlan users. online has to be pleasant all around.

new fighters:

sagat and the final fight crew, street fighter 1 characters.

balance changes, 8f if possible.

Marvel

could never
SF4's lobby system, just click and join.

Fix Ken's face and hair for the love of god.

Sakura, Dan, Akuma, Q and Sagat.

New CA's, vksills and triggers.

Fix that shadow bug PLEASE.

KingBroly

Banned
- Better UI
- Fix the Physics Problems
- Faster Loading Times
- All Stage Background elements run at 60fps instead of 30fps
- Fix Ken's face
- Decapre
- Sagat
- Sean
- Makoto

I'd be pleased with a smaller lineup of DLC characters if it gave them time to work out the little bugs throughout the game. Give it some refinement, polish and a little tender loving care CAPCOM.

More new characters, as in new to the series.
I quite liked the new additions so far so I'd like to see what else they can whip up instead of a whole season of returning characters.

Of course feel free to bring back Makoto...
and Blanka

Q

I don't even own the game yet, but Q would get me to buy it like that.
Would love to have Q in SF5.
That would instantly make me play the game again.
I could go for grown-up Sakura but if she has that ugly gym outfit as her main costume I'll be bummed.
Agreed.
I think it looks rather bland.
Hope they give her a good redesign like Karin but it will probably be the schoolgirl outfit again :/

Fix the Netcode
Not have the game log you in when booting the game
Remove the current MM with a lobby to view my opponent, leave when seeing their connection and selecting my charecter.
Have training mode save settings
Have match making save settings
Replace Bar settings with Ping settings.
Buff Ken and the DLC charecters
Nerf Chun Li, Light AA and fix the hurt/hitboxes.
Reduce invincibility of non EX-DP enough to get counter hit from Meaty and Frame Traps.

RK9039

Shin Akuma, maybe a V-Trigger that makes him transform or something.

and

Sodom.

They need to fix multiplayer.

Top Bottom