• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does GAF want in a Street Fighter 5 season 2 ?

Zafir

What does this even mean? Any game "could have had" more players.

Fact is, there is absolutely no shortage of players online at all.

They fixed that a long time ago. Higher ranks don't face beginners anymore. Skill levels are much better matched now.

They don't have to sell another million copies to have a healthy online scene.

There are games with fewer than SF5's sales that can still have healthy online scenes.

Not for me. Not for many of the streams I watch.
You're delusional if you think the matchmaking is great. Fact is many people have posted similar comments about match making. Between it being slow and not matching well.

I'm a bronze scrub who only started with SFV and don't have much time to play. When I last played at the end of last month only 20% of my matches were other Bronze players. The rest was Silver or rookie, neither of which were particularly enjoyable.

As for what I 'mean' by could have more. It's no secret it's doing worse than SFIV I don't know why you're acting like it couldn't use more players. I'm sure Capcom expected and wanted more.

It's not doing badly no, I never said it was. I was saying more players wouldn't hurt and I don't know how you can argue against that. I don't know why you're even complaining at the comment lol...

Producer

An easy way to change characters between matches on the online mode

I am not a fan of online, but one of the thing that baffles me is how weird it is to change the characters online !
Like it was MADE for people to have a main and only play with that main and fuck the rest.
Sorry for liking more than one character =P

I dont mind it for Ranked, but Casual matches should have character select

mooncakes

Crimson Viper character wise. Gameplay wise, I hope Ibuki gets some buffs like shortening her Kunai charges and able to release only 1 charge kunai with her kicks instead of punches.

An easy way to change characters between matches on the online mode

I am not a fan of online, but one of the thing that baffles me is how weird it is to change the characters online !
Like it was MADE for people to have a main and only play with that main and fuck the rest.
Sorry for liking more than one character =P

Oh yeah, I get the whole quick to get into battle without faffing around on a character select screen approach but it'd be nice if in between matches you didn't have to menu dive and pause things just to switch.

• 8 frame delay fix
  • Nerfs to jab AAs
  • Buffs to non-jab AA normals
  • Conservative balance and system changes otherwise
  • Training mode settings saved
  • Music select options similar to Guilty Gear
  • Cammy's SSF2 stage with a better version of her theme than her character theme (please let Masahiro Aoki be the composer if this happens)
  • Oro
  • At least one reimagined SF1 character

• Doctrine Dark

Neoxon

• 8 frame delay fix
  • Nerfs to jab AAs
  • Buffs to non-jab AA normals
  • Conservative balance and system changes otherwise
  • Training mode settings saved
  • Music select options similar to Guilty Gear
  • Cammy's SSF2 stage with a better version of her theme than her character theme (please let Masahiro Aoki be the composer if this happens)
  • Oro
  • At least one reimagined SF1 character

• Doctrine Dark
This, please. I keep forgetting to turn off stun each time I enter the lab.

If you really think about it though, it's kind of the same, at the end of the day. Only difference is, they're releasing it to us as it's produced rather than all at once after a longer wait period, and they're offering the more diehard players a chance to get the majority of the content for free.
The idea around the old way of updating was to include everything in one pack. But since the update comes with a rebalance, anyone who chooses not to get the update can't be competitive. Given Capcom's eSports push for this game, that method of updating games won't fly.

After playing some MKX last week, I'd kill for those piles of features with Street Fighter V battles. Even just the multiplayer features.

Survival king of the hill would be a fun way to deal with full battle lounges with vast gaps in skill, for example.

Online training mode -- maybe with lobby support? -- would be amazing. Change settings on the fly and spar forever if you need to.

Co-op type modes would probably be asking too much, but damn, that would be fun to have a KoF-type match setup with different players on each character. Most of the reason I play SF so much lately is because I enjoy only being responsible for my own abilities in an MP game for once, but here and there it would be a great casual throwaway type experience to run a team against another group.

Obviously new characters. At least one more from 3S and one brand new character, please.

And just some general quality of life improvements. Faster/better matchmaking, cutting down on load times and animations before getting into fights, directinput support (fucking ridiculous, considering what platform the branded sticks are for), redoing the GUI here and there to cut down on button presses, etc.

This sorta thing would be great. Maleable conditions, voice chat, man.

Arcade mode. Yes, it needs to be there, for a multitude of reasons that have already been mentioned by many people here including myself.

Increased Fight Money for online matches. Like, 500 just for playing a match, 1000 for a victory. If the amount just for playing a match is significant this could also discourage rage quitting.

All of the original Street Fighter II characters that are missing should come back. SFIV got that right from the start.

Rage quitters need to be punished to the extent that they will stop. An actual Battle Point penalty that increases significantly with each disconnect (and resets after a period of time) should forgive accidental disconnects but punish rage quitters. For example: 0, then 50, then 100, then 250, then 500, then 1000, resetting after maybe 12 hours.

Very few people played Honda or Blanka. Check out stats on usage rates for SF4 characters.

FANG and Birdie are the new Honda and Blanka: solid, big-personalitied, speialized characters no one plays (Old Sim is the New Sim though! #datsimlife). It really serves no one other than a checkbox unless something drastic would change.

Sagat though, was popular, but isn't in the story much at all; unless V goes the IV route of having Dream Team Roster, that'll be a while. Plus there's how his game has gone relatively untouched for 25 years; V would change him DRASTICALLY given what happened to Sim and Guile (remember, we never had a 3 Sagat).

This, please. I keep forgetting to turn off stun each time I enter the lab.

That too.

You're delusional if you think the matchmaking is great. Fact is many people have posted similar comments about match making. Between it being slow and not matching well.

I'm a bronze scrub who only started with SFV and don't have much time to play. When I last played at the end of last month only 20% of my matches were other Bronze players. The rest was Silver or rookie, neither of which were particularly enjoyable.

As for what I 'mean' by could have more. It's no secret it's doing worse than SFIV I don't know why you're acting like it couldn't use more players. I'm sure Capcom expected and wanted more.

It's not doing badly no, I never said it was. I was saying more players wouldn't hurt and I don't know how you can argue against that. I don't know why you're even complaining at the comment lol...

I'm Ultra Bronze and I never got Silvers till I hit Ultra after that patch a couple months back. Are you in lobbies or something?

Neoxon

Arcade mode. Yes, it needs to be there, for a multitude of reasons that have already been mentioned by many people here including myself.

Increased Fight Money for online matches. Like, 500 just for playing a match, 1000 for a victory. If the amount just for playing a match is significant this could also discourage rage quitting.

All of the original Street Fighter II characters that are missing should come back. SFIV got that right from the start.

Rage quitters need to be punished to the extent that they will stop. An actual Battle Point penalty that increases significantly with each disconnect (and resets after a period of time) should forgive accidental disconnects but punish rage quitters. For example: 0, then 50, then 100, then 250, then 500, then 1000, resetting after maybe 12 hours.
You do realize that most of the remaining SFII guys aren't as popular as you think, right? Iconic, yes, but that doesn't always equate to popular. Akuma & Sagat, sure. But the likes of E. Honda, Dee Jay, & T. Hawk can wait in line behind the popular characters from other SF games. Besides, we have 10 SFII characters in the game already, 8 of which were in the base roster. There's no need to dedicate an entire season to the remaining World Warriors.

That said, Capcom probably will get around to adding the remaining SFII guys. But hopefully they'll take their time & not heavily rely on nostalgia yet again.

You do realize that most of the remaining SFII guys aren't as popular as you think. Akuma & Sagat, sure. But the likes of E. Honda, Dee Jay, & T. Hawk can wait in line behind the popular characters from other SF games. Besides, we have 10 SFII characters in the game already, 8 of which were in the base roster. There's no need to dedicate an entire season to the remaining World Warriors.

We need fei long tho.. A legit rekka character.

Neoxon

We need fei long tho.. A legit rekka character.
I mean, he would be a good rekka character alongside Karin. But considering that Akuma & Sagat may end up being in Season 2, I fear that may end up being seen as too much SFII representation (though Capcom could use the technicality of Sagat being from SF1).

As for characters, just give me Dudley and I'm good.

As for season 2, I'm expecting more stages, costumes, probably an arcade mode.

Dudley more than likely won't be in season 2, so assuming they will release 6 characters next year, I expect Sakura, Oro, Akuma, Sagat, Ed and C.Viper.

Zafir

I'm Ultra Bronze and I never got Silvers till I hit Ultra after that patch a couple months back. Are you in lobbies or something?
No, I always just practice in training mode and set the ranked finder to ask and find people at 4-5 bars.

I mean the 4-5s thing probably limits me a bit. It's better than getting put against people with lag though, those matches are trying with the rollback.

For reference I'm from the UK, so I dunno if population is just lower in Europe.

Whales

Banned
gimme sagat, oni, evil ryu, akuma

ya'll think im kidding but I love shotos

the only thing I really want now tbh is stability patches for the netcode because sometimes it works great and sometimes it's ass. It needs to be consistently good. Also its been idk how long and those player stats STILL don't work.

Throw me akuma or evil ryu in there and we good

leroidys

dCD1EPE.jpg

LFayDnD.jpg

These are the only returners that I would be disappointed if they didn't show up. There's a lot of other SF3 and SFA/Z ones that would be cool, as well as C Viper, but if they don't get in I won't be too upset. After that, I really want them to focus on new characters (that don't suck a la SF4). My main request is NO MORE WORLD WARRIORS.

As far as gameplay, I think it would make things more interesting to nerf jabs so that people actually have to use AA moves, but I'm not a high level player, so take that with a grain of salt. Selectable supers, er, "Critical Arts" is a must. Selectable V triggers would be awesome.

As far as modes, I mainly just want arcade. A world tour would be gravy.

Neoxon

dCD1EPE.jpg

LFayDnD.jpg

These are the only returners that I would be disappointed if they didn't show up. There's a lot of other SF3 and SFA/Z ones that would be cool, as well as C Viper, but if they don't get in I won't be too upset. After that, I really want them to focus on new characters (that don't suck a la SF4). My main request is NO MORE WORLD WARRIORS.

As far as gameplay, I think it would make things more interesting to nerf jabs so that people actually have to use AA moves, but I'm not a high level player, so take that with a grain of salt. Selectable supers, er, "Critical Arts" is a must. Selectable V triggers would be awesome.

As far as modes, I mainly just want arcade. A world tour would be gravy.
Considering Akuma & Sagat are huge fan requests, adding more World Warriors is unavoidable. But like with eating & drinking, everything is better with moderation. About 2 or so World Warriors per season would be enough to not piss off fans of other SF games while keeping SFII fans hyped.

leroidys

Considering Akuma & Sagat are huge fan requests, adding more World Warriors is unavoidable. But like with eating & drinking, everything is better with moderation. About 2 or so World Warriors per season would be enough to not piss off fans of other SF games while keeping SFII fans hyped.
Those are definitely the two that I would be least displeased to see. I just want them to focus on building a stand alone legacy for SFV. If we get 12 fighters in S2 I'd be happy to see Akuma and Sagat, although I don't think they would fit in well with the story.

DunpealD

This is going to be a long request list and does not really have different priorities.

Capcom Pro Tour integration:
- Make CPT streams watchable within SFV plus archives
- Watching CPT streams should reward a small amount of FM
- FM betting at running CPT events
- New optional attract mode that shows off latest hightlight tournament matches
- The whole CPT information should be available inside SFV, including results.
- CPT Event notifications and stream links

Offline and Online content:
- Tutorial Campaign
Not just some Tutorial but a whole campaign with story. Like going from nobody to hometown hero to Capcom Cup winner. The tutorial should include every single aspect like special move inputs, cancels, anti-air, meaties, footsies, etc. by using custom AI enemies to train against within the campaign and something like a "coach" within the story to explain everything. If they want people to learn, they will need a meaty carrot for the stick. Which also means obviously a lot of FM should be used as incentive here.

- Capcom Pro Tour seasonal campaign mode
To promote and accompany the current CPT season they should add something like the World Tour mode that includes all CPT events that unlocks further events at the time of the the real event happening to make people come back to play periodically.

- Something like Ghosts or Shadowlab from KI. It's a fact that there are always physical restrictions to who can play againt who. A European cannot play against an US westcoast player, etc.
To lessen this they should make Custom AIs that mimics the player and make them distributable.Obviously it will be an iterative heavy process for the players, but that is better than not being able to play specific players at all.

- Online Training

- Custom Trials
Users should be able to make their own trials. So people who try to help others can give some "homework" and practical exercises. Or just use it as show off for new tech.

- Obligatory Arcade Mode

- Online Lobbies needs to be changed. An 8 player lobby just takes too much time before you can play. Make it so that anyone available can play each other or choose to spectate.

Quality of Life changes:

- Make Training room save the configuration
- Reintroduce Training mode memory function like in USF4
- Make V-Reversals being usable as dummy reaction
- Music should be customizable and lets the player choose which music should be heard, at least like SF4
- Stat tracking still need to be fixed
- Ingame Hitbox viewer as well as Framedata.
- Capcom Pro Talk segment plus archives
- Regional filtering to prevent bad connections
- Mandatory connection check, to filter out bad wifi and let them battle it out with each other
- Better legacy controller implementation
- Change survival mode, nobody likes it and honestly I have yet to see someone saying that it is not nothing less than trash

There is probably some more I forgot.

gimme sagat, oni, evil ryu, akuma

ya'll think im kidding but I love shotos

the only thing I really want now tbh is stability patches for the netcode because sometimes it works great and sometimes it's ass. It needs to be consistently good. Also its been idk how long and those player stats STILL don't work.

Throw me akuma or evil ryu in there and we good
I think this is where Ryu leaned to control his KI, so evil Ryu should be gone for good. Maybe Psycho Ken though under Bisons power might show up. But if Akuma is in, probably redundant as a character design. Really Psycho Ken is pretty redundant as a character since Ken is already aggressive, should just be a costume for both Ryu and Ken evil versions.

Akuma
Sagat (redesigned)
Sakura

Those three are my most wanted, can have a combination of new and mixed after that. Hopefully more than 6 for the year, but it doesn't have to too crazy, I think Capcom should mostly be done with characters by year 3.

Modes Modes and more modes. Gameplay is great just needs variety.

pablito

Fix Ken's face

Buffs to characters that need them. No nerfs, just buffs! Like give Gief green hand or something, idk.

More single player stuff would be cool. Anything.

My personal dream characters

Go Hibiki
Makoto
Adon
Akuma
Akira from Rival Schools
Dudley

Who I expect to see

Akuma
Sakura
Viper
Decapre