• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does GAF want in a Street Fighter 5 season 2 ?

LakeEarth

I want Q, but they added Balrog and they are probably too similar to be in the same game. Not that they can't be in the same game, but two DLC characters that are so similar in playstyle? I'm not sure they'd do that.

System-wise, I'd just like them to speed up matchmaking, fix battle lounges, and add an arcade mode ending with some sort of interesting final boss character. Basically, let me play the game more.

Alchemist

6+ new characters
More stages classic and new
New system mechanic or additional CA/V-Triggers
UI overhaul (anything that makes getting in and out of games faster)
Anti air jabs removed

Gift of Fury

Neo Member
- Makoto
- Oro
- Online has been good for me, but continue to improve it and refine the ragequit penalty (the person quit on takes the win, quitter takes loss)
- get the input delay down to around 4 frames
- Fix graphical glitches (shadows, clipping)
- Arcade mode to placate the people who care

Village

Wut

She's braindead
Not for many.

Her main thing was baiting and her combos were weird and consisited of shoriyuken, into a super jump, into tastumaki. Which for people who regulatly play sf was hard. I was learning and unlearning how to do that constantly

Tripon

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215314809]Quality of life changes, mostly.

• player 2 gets a rematch button
  • training mode remembers your settings
  • consolidating the win screens
  • character themes in versus mode

Stuff like that.[/QUOTE]
Getting kicked out of online doesn't affect offline matches.

yyr

Arcade mode. Yes, it needs to be there, for a multitude of reasons that have already been mentioned by many people here including myself.

Increased Fight Money for online matches. Like, 500 just for playing a match, 1000 for a victory. If the amount just for playing a match is significant this could also discourage rage quitting.

All of the original Street Fighter II characters that are missing should come back. SFIV got that right from the start.

Rage quitters need to be punished to the extent that they will stop. An actual Battle Point penalty that increases significantly with each disconnect (and resets after a period of time) should forgive accidental disconnects but punish rage quitters. For example: 0, then 50, then 100, then 250, then 500, then 1000, resetting after maybe 12 hours.

i want more cheesecake costumes

Q

QoL upgrades

MUSIC SELECTION

(i want to have Bipson's theme all day err day on every screen, matchup, map)

stn

Many more characters, skins, and stages. I think its the perfect time bring a bunch of favorites in for S2. Ideally I'd like Akuma, Rolento, Dee-Jay, Oro, Dudley, and Sagat.

Sesha

Chars:

Q
Oro
Eagle
Haggar
Azam
Akira Kazama
Santamu

Other:
- Dramatic Battle and World Tour mode.
- New mechanics.
- Altered/new V-Skills for certain chars, particularly Mika.
- Tenshokyaku and Hazanshu for Chun-Li. Aerial Hyakuretsukyaku replaced with that spinning kick from the first trailer.

Oh boy...

- Tweaks to networking and matchmaking to speed up the process and find matches closer to skill level.
- Small (very small) balance changes to the current roster, as a QOL fix. Examples below:
-- Ryu c.MP damage reduced by 5
-- Chun-Li's EX SBK has no throw invincibility on frame 1
-- Bison's c.MP is back to Beta 1 status
-- Cammy's c.MP gives slightly more push back on hit and block.
-- Change hitbox for Necalli's LP
-- Dhalsim's c.HP now has Crush Counter properties
-- FANG's V-Reversal now moves further away and has fewer recovery frames.
-- etc...

- Tweaks to all existing V-Triggers, making some significantly better or more useful.
- Story mode, season 2. Finish the damn Necalli story.
- Shortening or making victory animations skip-able
- Arcade mode to appease the casuals
- New or randomized opponent paths for Survival Mode.

Characters:
- Akira Kazama
- Sodom
- Q (with a somewhat different move set. 'Rog already has most of his moves.)
- Oro
- Azam
- Eleven (or Ten, or heck, One... one of the Twelve weapons)
- Makoto
- Please no more Shotos

Shinriji

- 6 characters (mix of old and new)
- All the content from general story mode selectable (stages and characters).
- Fixed economy (200 FM for each win, 50 for each loss, stages should cost 50k FM max)
- Improve loading times
- Fixed graphic glitches (60fps background, clipping)
- Rage Quitter issues (RQ = Loss, FM and BP for the winner)
- Online tournament mode
- Fixed character story mode (arcade ladder)
- No more game content money or time locked (like Ring of Destiny)

Additionally, during casual and ranked matches I'd like to able to select the stage theme music instead of the theme for the character I'm fighting. Sick of hearing Ken and Ryu's theme.

and Blanka

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
norimaro-mshvssf-2.gif

Adding Extra Battle would be a good start.

You know that SP mode that was suppose to come "shortly after release" and help players get more fight money? Yeah, that one.

Scotia

Banned
Once vs CPU is added I'm good with game modes. In terms of characters, I want some of the ones featured in the character stories and cinematic story mode, so Abel, Sakura, Oro, Sean, Viper etc.

Wiseblade

1) El Fuerte - would single handedly make SFV GOAT fighter for me. What makes it better is that the entire UK FGC knows they'd receive a boastful phonecall, one by one.

2) Rival intros - I've wanted this forever; people with significant story relationships should have custom intros. I want to see Ryu and Ken fist bump before a spar. I want to see Guile scream at Bison.

3) Let me use character themes instead of stage music in local play.

It has a decent amount of people playing online(especially for a fighter). It doesn't have a great amount, or anywhere near as much as it could have, imo.

What does this even mean? Any game "could have had" more players.

Fact is, there is absolutely no shortage of players online at all.

The matchmaking is negatively impacted by it at least. The fact that people can see such massive disparity in the skill level of their opponents kind of proves it.

They fixed that a long time ago. Higher ranks don't face beginners anymore. Skill levels are much better matched now.

Did Capcom suddenly sell another couple million copies and I missed it?

They don't have to sell another million copies to have a healthy online scene.

There are games with fewer than SF5's sales that can still have healthy online scenes.

Matchmaking times are always so slow.

Not for me. Not for many of the streams I watch.

MooMilk2929

They probably could make more money if they sold seasons, but then the game discs would be worthless. Might be better if they sell upgrades like they did with IV. That way when the servers still go down you still got a complete game on your disc should you get a different system for some reason.

KingJ2002

Improved Main Menu - A bland design of blue bars and static imagery... it could be improved in many ways to feature more of the content that the game has as well as provide some excitement to the user.

Capcom Pro Tour Integration - A missed opportunity for the first season considering Evo came and went but one thing SFV has going for itself is a great fighting community and inspiring play from other players. What I would like to see is a menu option in game to showcase matches, live events, and announcements from the Capcom Pro Tour as it will help inspire players and give more shine to the professional players. I also would like to see the character guide videos added to training mode so players can understand the character strengths and weaknesses prior to playing with them.

Improved Capcom Fighters Network Integration - Advanced statistical data is collected from each fight about the user tendencies with each character and so far it's only being used to display at the end of matches and in a separate screen that's not easily digested for the average user. Capcom could better use this data to help coach players in game as well as display factual information about SFV. I would like to see some coaching system implemented in which prior to the start of the match helpful hints are given to you based on your fighting style and the character you're playing against. Another cool feature would be a ticker of some sort showcasing interesting stats in the main menu about the game such as how many players are online, win percentages per character, favorite moves, etc.

Rival System - The current rival system in place allows you to designate players and watch their statistics. It should go deeper by encouraging matches between the players, show their dedication to improvement, and challenge each other to get better by completing tasks and competing for best time or score.

Modifiers - One way to add a different dynamic to the fight is to allow modifiers in game. Strictly for casual or player lobbies modifiers such as the ones found in survival mode would allow players to add another level of intensity to fights and just mess around with the system.

Arcade Mode - Vs. CPU is a good start to get offline players more options but a true arcade mode complete with online leaderboards is necessary for fighting games. A ladder of 8 fights leading to a final boss fight from the likes of M. Bison and a final score is all that's necessary

Online Training Mode / Mentor System - Another cool feature to add is the ability to train online with other players and grow. This can be extended by adding a mentor system where players can ask other players who are higher ranked or more skilled with certain characters to train them and via online training.

Daily & Weekly Challenges - Although Daily targets are coming there could be another way to earn fight points for players who seek amusement in different ways. Adding modifiers and creating arcade style ladders similar to Mortal Kombat X can allow players to complete different challenges and earn fight money. These playlists can be curated each week for players and give them something to look forward to on a daily basis.

Faster Ranked / Casual Matchmaking - The current matchmaking system boots you back to the main menu or back to the mode you were in after a match but for players seeking more frequent play... Capcom should look into improving matchmaking times between players... so players feel the system is seamless.

mnemonicj

All I want is for them to fix those awfully long loading screen transitions, get rid of the 3d models if need be. Besides that, anything else is icing on the cake.

Razzorn34

I'm mostly fine with how the game has turned out. The input lag needs to be fixed, rage quitters need to be punished, and Jab anti-airs should be stomped into the ground. Other than that, just need my girl Sakura, and I'm golden.

Hellsing

-Online Training Mode (USFIV)
-Team Battles (USFIV)
-Make the stats actually work
-More stage transitions
-New story for Season 2

-Sakura
-Makoto

I still haven't even played the game, but having an option to fight the CPU in versus is good and I would oh so so so much like my girl C. Viper to come back. I have Juri in this, but the changes in her moveset is too drastic and I'm unsure if I'd still play her. It's been a long time since I've played Street Fighter period and it would be welcoming if I could get my main Viper back when I finally come back to it.

yyr

This is replacing the need for Super/AE/Ultra/Ultimate/Turbo versions. Basically it's the DLC for each year.

If you really think about it though, it's kind of the same, at the end of the day. Only difference is, they're releasing it to us as it's produced rather than all at once after a longer wait period, and they're offering the more diehard players a chance to get the majority of the content for free.

I want Arcade/World Tour mode. Why doesn't it have that? Or did they add it very recently?

At present, neither of these is in the game, nor have they been announced, nor has anything like those been announced.

Platy

An easy way to change characters between matches on the online mode

I am not a fan of online, but one of the thing that baffles me is how weird it is to change the characters online !
Like it was MADE for people to have a main and only play with that main and fuck the rest.
Sorry for liking more than one character =P

Top Bottom