• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What franchise would you like to be given to another company?

Feindflug

Gears of War's multiplayer to Bungie
Castlevania to Capcom or Sony Santa Monica
Sonic to Naughty Dog
Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio & Otogi to Platinum Games
Silent Hill to the Siren Team

These would've been really interesting.

Slavik81

StarFoxLogo.gif

TO

Factor5logo.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Anything that involves platforming, adventure and generally arcade sensations to Nintendo or Capcom.

Anything that involves real-life skill to Nintendo.

Anything that involves community, strategy and monster-slaying action to Blizzard.

Anything that involves shooting people/undefined creatures in 3D to Valve.

Anything that involves crack-like addiction to PopCap Games.

Anything that involves rhythm to iNiS and the WarioWare team.

I guess that should do it for know.

Feindflug said:
Gears of War's multiplayer to Bungie
Castlevania to Capcom or Sony Santa Monica
Sonic to Naughty Dog
Panzer Dragoon, Jet Set Radio & Otogi to Platinum Games
Silent Hill to the Siren Team

These would've been really interesting.
Capcom already does Castlevania.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I want Volition to give/sell the stuff that they're currently working on so that they can do Freespace 3.

And I second Starfox to Factor 5.

FF Tactics to either Intelligent Systems or NiS.

Dabookerman said:
What :lol

Zelda done by Blizzard.
Your idea is far, far worse than his. Or was that a joke? I can't even tell anymore, Blizzard fans are so often batshit insane.
trinest said:
Sonic should go to Square.
That's actually a really good one. The whole time I played that Bioware abomination I wondered why the hell they didn't get Square-Enix to do it instead, they would have actually put effort into it.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
metroid to wayforward OR tokyo e.a.d. (the old r&d1 guys) for a handheld game

zelda to intelligent systems (super paper zelda?)

AniHawk

Zelda to Tokyo EAD (the guy behind the story for Link's Awakening's over there, plus the whole team is crazy-awesome). And have Aonuma act as a producer.

madara

Someone needs to take Secret of Mana from Square after like ten botched attempts and see if they make a classic multiplayer act rpg like the snes ones.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Zelda to Kojima? StarFox to Factor 4.9? I can only hope you people are joking.

Personally I'd love if someone were to revive Metal Arms. Someone like...Insomniac.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
madara said:
Someone needs to take Secret of Mana from Square after like ten botched attempts and see if they make a classic multiplayer act rpg like the snes ones.

god, yes. please. i wish they'd just sell it to someone who cares about it.

if only there were a video game equivalent of child services. i'd have called them on square five times over now for abuse and had MANA removed to foster care.

JDSN

Banned
Give Fallout to Obsidian. (Done)
Give F-Zero to Monster Games.
Give Viewtiful Joe to PG.
Give Rise of Nations to The Creative Assembly.
Give Zelda to EAD Tokyo, along with a case with 15 million dollars.

autobzooty said:
Pick a game franchise, and pick a different company to develop it! What would be your dream combination?

Personally I think a Zelda game done by Kojima Productions would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'd love to see the kind of crazy story they could come up with in that universe and the kinds of innovative gameplay mechanics they would implement. It'd be totally rad.

HAHAHAHAHA.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
firex said:
metal gear solid to warren spector/junction point
deus ex to crytek

both excellent choices.

tangentially, i can't wait to see spector's mickey mouse game. not being sarcastic, either.

Everything and anything to blizzard.

Blizzard does not make bad games IMO.

Also Kojima likes technology too much to ever do a game like Zelda.
He needs guns and gundams to be happy.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -> CD Projekt
The Elder Scrolls -> id (specifically a DS game by the team that did Orcs and Elves)
Heroes of Might and Magic -> Ensamble :(

Azure J

StarTropics to WayForward, Retro Studios (I dunno why, but I think Retro could seriously nail StarTropics), or good ol' EAD Tokyo
Sonic, Ristar & NightS to EAD Tokyo
Metroid to WayForward
F-Zero to Amusement Vision (SEGA)
Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Streets of Rage and Viewtiful Joe to Platinum Games
Pilotwings to Factor 5
StarFox co-developed by EAD Tokyo & either Treasure or Factor 5

Oh fuck, I forgot one:

Fire Emblem to the Valkryia Chronicles dev team (just once to see what it'd be like)

Danielsan

Foil said:
Legacy Of Kain to Naughty Dog.

I'm pretty sure they'd do a great job with it, and I trust some of the people at the company to make sure things don't go off in a stupid direction. Eidos sure as hell isn't using the franchise anymore.

Talk about an ip with so much life and potential left. Such an awesome world, characters, and premise that goes unused because they want to crap out Tomb Raider a few thousand times over.
Someone should totally buy that franchise from Eidos and reboot it. Maybe remake the first Soul Reaver. The world and story are so richly developed and I really wouldn't mind visiting and gliding through Nosgoth in HD.

Llyranor

X-Com to whoever is willing to implement its old turn-based tactical combat elements with a strategic exploration/research layer on top of it.

I'll take anyone!!!

Vespa

Star Fox to Bungie...think about how awesome multiplayer would be; they've already nailed the vehicles: banshee/warthog >> arwing/landmaster lol

I'd give Operation Flashpoint to Tripwire Interactive (the guys behind Red Orchestra), I'd like to see them take a crack at singleplayer. That or maybe... Hidden and Dangerous, preferably something set in WWII since that's their area.

Llyranor

Danne-Danger said:
I'd give Operation Flashpoint to Tripwire Interactive (the guys behind Red Orchestra), I'd like to see them take a crack at singleplayer. That or maybe... Hidden and Dangerous, preferably something set in WWII since that's their area.
I'd love Tripwire to do a co-op game in the same vein as RO (their announced co-op game seems to go in a completely different direction).

Top Bottom