• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What franchise would you like to be given to another company?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
sykoex said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/21bvpt4.jpg[IMG]

In my dreams.. :lol[/QUOTE]
They could easily start doing a Zelda-like series that would be regarded as highly as Zelda.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
URGH Stop stop stop stop saying Zelda to EAD Tokyo! The guy in charge has worked on Zelda in the past, damn it.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Mortal Kombat to Epic Games

Ikael

Metal Slug to Gamefoward (Contra 4)

Persona to CD Projekt (The Witcher)

Sonic to EAD Tokyo or whoever made Mario Galaxy

Kingdom hearts to Level 5) Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven)

Final Fantasy to Sigesato Itoi

andymcc

Banned
Ikael said:
Metal Slug to Gamefoward (Contra 4)

Persona to CD Projekt (The Witcher)

Sonic to EAD Tokyo or whoever made Mario Galaxy

Kingdom hearts to Level 5) Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven)

Final Fantasy to Sigesato Itoi

all horrible ideas.

VaLiancY

Battlefield series to Valve. It would take a good decade for even an expansion pack but it would be worth the wait. :lol

Dat_Drink_Ik_Op said:
Halo to Kojima productions

Hideo and MS get their FPS and i get the lovely cinematics
That's worse than giving it to Guerilla. Hell, the story would probably turn out worse than Halo 3's with Hideo heading it up.

Grayman

Grand Theft Auto (or any of these games) to Bethseda. I would just like to see what they ended up with for interactivity with NPCs.

John_B

F-Zero to Sega, development by AM2. Release on 360/PS3 only.

Zelda to Sony, development by Naughty Dog. No multiplayer allowed. Release on PS3 only.

Grayman said:
Grand Theft Auto (or any of these games) to Bethseda. I would just like to see what they ended up with for interactivity with NPCs.
And you'd end up with a life-less city, alleged branching paths that force you die at the end even though you have a brainless lackey with you who could take your place, and on top of that... disappearing NPCs!

I'd so give heavenly sword to Sony Santa Monica and also Ring of Red to the Valkyria Chronicles dev.

eXistor

A Zelda game by Team ICO. I doubt Nintendo is gonna make another classic Zelda anytime soon and Team ICO's two games so far are classics in the vein of Zelda.

autobzooty said:
If some actual effort was put into the Zelda storyline, the series would be 1000x better for it.
A 1000 times no. Zelda doesn't need any story except for a basic setup. It's one of the reasons the later Zelda's failed to have the edge of the classics. Also one of the reasons I want Team ICO to do a true Zelda-like game, they've proven that you don't need a deep story to have a deep emotional impact. Both ICO and SotC are a hundred times more effective than any Zelda story-wise. Why? Pure gameplay, baby.

K' Dash

Slavik81 said:
StarFoxLogo.gif

TO

Factor5logo.jpg

The universe would implode of the awesomenessssss.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
doomed1 said:
well, lets see... Tenchu and No More Heroes to someone who's not Ubisoft (for publishing), and maybe a Tales game by Nintendo would be sweet.
but then we would never see it stateside, yet it would be released in Europe

What about MadWorld? And GTA:CW?

Nice try bud.

rbenchley

Phantasy Star (classic, not the online version) to tri-Ace
Panzer Dragoon Saga to Team Ico
Skies of Arcadia to Tales Studio

my picks are just for experimental purposes. im in no way taking shots at the competence of any current devs

ffta -> nippon ichi
wario ware -> pixeljunk/ santa monica
fable -> sega
metal gear ac!d -> bethesda
god hand -> naughty dog
ratchet & clank -> nintendo
fallout -> valve
destroy all humans -> naughty dog
yakuza -> kojima

i could go on...

JimiNutz

Banned
Sonic > Criterion

Gears of War > Valve

Unreal Tournament > I.D. Software

Resident Evil > Epic Games

Perfect Dark > Bungie

Mortal Kombat > Rare

Agent X

Well, it's not another company as far as publishing is concerned, but I'd like to see EA's Road Rash assigned to Criterion for development.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The King Of Fighters series to Fersis Studio :lol

Also LOLZ at whoever said Fatal Fury to Capcom.. LOLZ :mad:
LOLZ

drkOne

I wonder what Team Siren would do with something more Sci-Fi, so...
Dead Space to Team Siren.

Also, there's a whole lot of games I'd love to see done by Valve.

And, Halo by Guerrilla because of KZ2 filters.

BeeDog said:
Bioshock to Obsidian.

I think the idea is to pick an interesting game that was poorly executed and give it to a developer that will do a better job.

A real version of this that worked well was giving Tomb Raider to Crystal dynamics. That really brought life into the old girl.

I'd like to Wipeout be done by Criterion . . . they know how to really do wipeouts.

I'd like to see Army of Two done by the Ubi Montreal team that did Rainbow Six: Vegas.

I'd like to see any goddamn 3D platformer done by Rare. Just do one damn it. OK, B-K: Nuts & Bolts was fun. Now gimme a damn platformer.

I'd like to see Rock Band done by Rockstar. (Seems logical doesn't it?)

I'd like to see Indiana Jones done by Naught Dog (i.e. give Uncharted a big license)

I'd like to see Madden done by Visual Concepts. :D

firex

I don't agree with speculawyer's premise, which is why my only serious suggestion is MGS to Warren Spector/Junction Point and Deus Ex to Crytek.

also, some of these game ideas have sort of already been done. Someone made a multiplayer Metroid-themed mod for HL2 (it was some people on GAF I think) that was pretty good, although that's not the same as Valve themselves making it.

TreIII

Ogre Battle -> Wherever the hell Matsuno resides now. Or hell, just give it BACK to him, it's rightful owner! :D

Mischief Makers -> Treasure. Reason I state as such is, because of Enix being the publisher of this title, it means that Treasure can't technically make a game without their involvement. Which is a shame, because I could REALLY stand to see a sequel to this game...

USD said:
Some of you people sicken me.

And personally I'm more interested in seeing what Platinum Games does with Bayonetta than what they would with a Devil May Cry 5. New IPs let you start from scratch, allowing for easier incorporation of new ideas.

Gotta agree with this though.

Besides, even if Kamiya had DMC in his lap, he likely wouldn't return to it. He did do more to say that any interest he had in doing a sequel to DMC is pretty much dead and gone, now.

On the other hand, he stated in a recent blog that he would like to do another Okami...fat chance at this rate, though...

Xenon

Raide said:
Too Human = Blizzard

That would great. You'd take a complex combat system and water it down to click, click, click. Blizzard is a great company but they are not known for action games so I wouldn't put it totally in their hands. I would however happily have them completely overhaul the loot system and level balancing.

oh and my choice would be MGS to Id just for the NeoGaf explosion.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Grayman said:

I'll take decent writing and stability, thank you

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Medal of Honor to Crytek

Doom to Guerilla

Rune to Id (a Rune sequel would be so badass)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Zone of the Enders to Capcom or Platinum Games, Specifically Capcom. With Capcom we could get a decent framerate this time. But also the two best in Action games are at one of these two studios and we can get it out before it becomes buried by MGS milking.

jeremy1456

NiGHTS ---> Nintendo EAD Tokyo

RE: Umbrella Chronicles ---> Headstrong Games

Harvest Moon ---> Neverland Co.

Star Fox ---> Factor 5

EDIT: I thought of one more.

Sonic the Hedgehog ---> Sucker Punch Productions

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It took way too long for Sonic to be mentioned.

Top Bottom