• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What franchise would you like to be given to another company?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I think Capcom needs another crack at the Zelda series. I really love the Oracle games (especially Oracle of Seasons) and I think The Minish Cap was the last one I really enjoyed. The items in those games were really cool, especially the Switch Hook and the Magnetic Gloves, and I'd really like to see Zelda go in the direction that Capcom took it, instead of the Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks route.

GreekWolf

Can we travel across the time barrier as well?

Hit the reverse button back to 2000, and let's see what Black Isle Studios could do with the FF franchise, complete with Michael Hoenig soundtrack and isometric perspective.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Street_fighter_logo.png

to

592518.jpeg

just to see their take on it

poking cow

Neo Member
v4gr4nt said:
Not a fan, but anyway:

pokemon-logo.jpg

to

blizzard.jpg

..That could lead to a generation of kids wasted :lol

If this happened, it would be responsible for a new generation of obese children :)

It would be huge if they managed to pull off a good pokemon mmporg

abstract alien said:
Why? Just asking out of curiosity.

I would like to see Blizzard do a console action game, and what better character than Kratos?

I'm not saying anything against Sony Santa Monica, I love the God of War games. It was just a gut response the OP's question...."wouldn't it be cool if Kratos got the Blizzard treatment".

Kydd BlaZe said:
Perfect Dark + Valve Software= <3

:D :D :D

Good one.

JdFoX187

Banned
Halo to a decent FPS developer. Sorry, Bungle had three chances. Hit a home run with the first one, struggled with the second and screwed the third up in a way I didn't think was possible. I'm very interested to see what the internal team can do with the franchise.

C4Lukins

The Kojima Zelda sounds ridiculous, but I would buy it day one just to see the results. I would really like to see what Insomniac or Naughty Dog could do with Zelda.

Speevy

Banned
I'm surprised at the lack of Team ICO mentions. Talk about adding class to any franchise lacking it.

These guys could make you cry at Kirby.

beat

Activision's just sitting on Interstate 76, so I wish they'd just sell it off and let someone do something with it. Actually, while we're at it, it might be cool if Telltale took over the dormant Sierra adventure franchises. Space Quest, King's Quest, etc. (I'm deliberately trying to stay away from suggesting team reunions, where, say, ex-Lucasarts people pick up former Lucasarts franchises, etc.)

(OK, one exception to my rule above.) KOTOR to Obsidian. Let them do a real KOTOR 3. No MMO for me.

Devil May Cry to Kutaragi's next team. DMC with enemies that aren't just damage sponges.

Mr. Bunnies said:
Final Fantasy to Bioware
I would play that.

Final Fantasy to the now-defunct Skies of Arcadia team at the now-defunct (?) Overworks. Because I'll be honest, SOA is my favourite Final Fantasy ever.

Crimson Skies to the now-defunct Smilebit, whose games consistently did great things with airborne characters even if it wasn't full flight.

Street Fighter to AM2. Just curious.

A Gundam game to AM3, since they did Virtual On. Oh, or Zone of Enders too, with the stipulation that AM3 has to keep it an action-adventure, not just make a one on one fighter.

Beyond Good & Evil to the FF12 team, for excellence in world building. And then Psychonauts to Ubisoft Montpellier. And Incredible Hulk to Double Fine.

Grayman

I picked Bethseda for GTA because of the cities of morrowind(lots of people but all named, things to do for each, guards would remember when you effed up, go inside any building, just overall more interaction than GTA) not any particular love for their expertise.

Azure J

Jive Turkey said:
I need to stop looking at this thread. All the terrible ideas contained within makes me want to punch GAF in the nuts.

It's kind of a love-hate thing where for every three ideas that make you go "hey, this isn't so bad", there's one that just makes you want to burn everything down. :lol

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
Monkey Island to Double Fine (you just KNOW Schafer would ask Ron Gilbert to join in on the game)
Zak McKracked would also find a decent home in Double Fine, considering how wacky it is.

Resident Evil to Team Silent
Silent Hill to Capcom (the Resi team)
Indiana Jones to Naughty Dog (yeah, I love Uncharted, but consider a proper Indiana Jones with the same engine, but with more adventurey puzzle elements and exploration and whip-cracking. And the action bits are completely different from eachother all throughout the game. Indy rarely uses his gun, he usually just beat the crap out of them, or thought something else up.

KevinCow

Banned
Mortal Kombat to the Smash Bros. team.

I've thought for a while now that Smash style gameplay would suit the franchise far better than being a crappy Street Fighter and Tekken clone. As long as they keep the blood and gore and find a way to fit fatalities in there (final smash replacements?).

Mr. Bunnies said:
I would like to see Blizzard do a console action game, and what better character than Kratos?

I'm not saying anything against Sony Santa Monica, I love the God of War games. It was just a gut response the OP's question...."wouldn't it be cool if Kratos got the Blizzard treatment".
Gotcha, I did the same thing with zelda/team ico and half-life/retro.

All of these ideas are pretty shit. Unless of course you want a Shinobi game that plays like Ninja Gaiden or a Star Fox that plays like Rogue Squadron. Why not just ask for a sequel to company X's best game then?

Seriously this thread is totally gamefaqs. I think I'm going to be sick.

Top Bottom