• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Finished Stellar Blade (7/10)

Starting some Ys Memories of Celceta.

I can't believe I somehow missed these multiple PS4 ports / remasters of all these Ys games back when they were first coming out.

They're dated, but mechanically very simple / fun romps.

How do you feel about the music ..does it become annoying, the same track looping for hours like a jrpg?
So I'd say that every major area has an overarching music theme, with occasional shifts to different themes in specific places such as bars or camps, but there's also combat and exploration music. Overall it's similar to JRPGs, which I really enjoy.

In my opinion the music in Stellar Blade is really good and somewhat different from what you'd expect in an action oriented game and I wouldn't be too shocked if it will get a nomination at the TGA for the music category. There's also a particular song tied to a multi part side quest which I'd say is the best one I've encountered in the game yet (I'm more than halfway through).

Last edited:

Roberts

Currently surviving my way through Grounded, ever since i finished both subnautica games i have been wanting another crafting survival type game i already play no mans sky and astroneer but those dont have the same feel as subnautica. Grounded seems to have filled that void perfectly, the story is really intriguing the setting is amazing and the voice acting & soundtrack are top notch. Managed to build a temp base of all the bits of gear i need to craft and have slowly started upgrading my weapons and armour,played about 7 hours so far and i have managed to find the next set of Dr Wendells labs, getting into them is a different matter.

Love the whole vibe and artstyle, looks so vibrant on oled switch, while not as impressive as running on pc it still holds up pretty well.
yDeyI6I.jpg

QEOVNGW.jpg

LzY10pD.jpg

My current base until i choose where to build a proper full kitted out base
UNLDKg3.jpg

The sense of scale is great, running fact to face with huge spiders not so much lol.
TlAutE5.jpg

The lighting and shadows are really nice.
r4wAC5l.jpg

S1vFtK5.jpg

Visiting BURG.L in the oak lab is always a nice excursion, managed to revive the duplacator and find some of his missing chips to progress the story. Love his design.
L1duYAY.jpg

skDRpbf.jpg

Also found one of these things, had to fend off waves of bitey gits till it finished mixing, worth doing though as it gave me a load of science points.
Z2Y3jU2.jpg

So far it's an amazing game, so pleased it fially came to switch. Been wanting to play it for years since i saw it originally appear on youtube from people playing the steam early access version.
Glad to hear that Switch version kicks ass too. Seriously, I think it is one of the best, most immersive games ever made. Me and my friend (I play on xbox, him on PC) have been playing it since Early Access and while we don't play it often anymore, we still log on once in a while and find new things to do. That is almost four years of playing one game. Crazy!

One of the last things we did in was to relocate our base to a new spot. Around the oak tree trunk, high enough for Spiders not being able to reach us - a perfect place to make zip lines that could reach any part of the map. I can't really think of a better place to make it as none of the critters can't attack it.

Top Bottom