• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Man, I play Clubhouse Games billiards kind of a lot. I finally cleared a table from break to 8 ball and this poor sport I've never played quits on me right before I sink the 8.

Keep in mind you have to put your switch in sleep mode to quit. *smh

Last edited:

Superkid93

Neo Member
Pepper Grinder.

Completed the first two worlds. This game is worth everyone's time. Such a joy to play with a unique take on a 2D platformer!

EHzsRt7.jpeg

blue velvet

I can't seem to finish a game lately.
Started playing Persona 5 a couple of months ago but got sick of the constant loading screens, atrocious writing, and the grind. I finished two castles and gave up.
Same with GTA V, tried replaying the game and spent hours curating the mods I'd like to use, already bored and thinking of uninstalling it. It's crazy how GTA V look to this day though, pretty much mogged a lot of open world games that came out the last few years.

ch9nlT9.jpeg

EZSIQ3J.jpeg

foamdino

Finished Octopath Traveller 2 - the last boss fight (not the secret boss, f that) was a pain. In the end I had to follow a guide. I was really enjoying it until the very large difficulty spike (entirely driven by the fact that you need to min-max everything to really stand a chance). Solid 9/10 for me, absolute gem of a game - divine music, hopefully Octopath 3 is in development.

Went back to Gran Blue Fantasy Relink and in the last stretch of the main quest, still not decided who to unlock with the crewmate cards for when I hop into the end game grind.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Finished Lost in Random. A delightful action-adventure game with a unique dice-based combat system and a charming Tim Burton-esque art style. I might try FE next. Another EA original title. As much as I give EA a bad time for their AAA games, but they’re doing good on the indie side.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I recently started Nikke during their 1.5 anniversary and I can't stop playing the game. I already have 4 SSR characters which I've leveled up to 60, and I think I put like 7h into it yesterday, and will continue playing it today as well. It has quite an addictive gameplay loop and I like that you can play it casually while doing other stuff in the background due to their auto-battle system lol.

Last edited:
Finished FFXVI.

Going back now to finish Botany Manor, Harold Halibut, and Remnant 2 which I am partially playing already. Probably do a few more runs in Exoprimal, Timeloop Rebellion before retiring it again.

Then maybe starting something small I can finish before Hellblade 2. I've got lots more indie games I'm trying to fit in.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Warhammer Boltgun: I’m two levels away from finishing this, so hopefully I can wrap it up tonight. I have to say this game just nails everything.

This has to be the first FPS I’ve played where meaty chunks of your blown to bits enemy fall around you. Damn that’s a hell of a nice touch.

Last edited:
Ride to hell: retribution

I got a controversial opinion about this: I think its actually decent if not good.

While it has some undeniable technical performance issues, I think it still has redeeming qualities to it. The gameplay variety is varied and deep enough, the setting is cool and the characters are actually pretty memorable and entertaining. There's a bunch of hilarious moments too.

It gives me the impression of being a game that Rockstar "never made". It's got the themes and ideas I imagine wouldn't be out place in an old school Rockstar game.

Last edited:
Just picked up Quadroids. Its on sale for $6 on Xbox at the moment.

Fun as hell. You control 4 small screens at once, a bit like Starfox Guard. 1 button each. Its like a weird game you'd find on Wii U or something. Just on level 4 now but if you like original and weird, it seems good.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Dark Souls 2 Seeker of Fire

This mod is now enhanced to 2.0 and it's great. It tweaks some stuff and improve on world cohesion and better level design with a clearer progression and more clever short cuts. Lighting is reworked , it looks a bit better, darker and in some cases more prettier. Enemies and bosses have new moves and react faster, more tricks up their sleeves etc. There are a lot of QoL fixes to the gameplay. While I do love the vanilla Scholar of the First Sin, Seeker of Fire builds upon that foundation and makes a great game even greater. If DS2 had launched this way in the beginning I'm certain it would have a better reception by the community.

Edit: It's also very non linear. Even more so than the vanilla game. You can basically go to everyone of its starting areas right from the get go. Even the DLC areas are easier accessible.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Just bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Steam. Should i jump right into Mass Effect 2 or should i play them in order, which one's the best?

The order, of course.

Your decisions carry from one game to the next, and if this is your first time playing these games ... absolutely don't skip ME1.

Dark Souls 2 Seeker of Fire

This mod is now enhanced to 2.0 and it's great. It tweaks some stuff and improve on world cohesion and better level design with a clearer progression and more clever short cuts. Lighting is reworked , it looks a bit better, darker and in some cases more prettier. Enemies and bosses have new moves and react faster, more tricks up their sleeves etc. There are a lot of QoL fixes to the gameplay. While I do love the vanilla Scholar of the First Sin, Seeker of Fire builds upon that foundation and makes a great game even greater. If DS2 had launched this way in the beginning I'm certain it would have a better reception by the community.

Edit: It's also very non linear. Even more so than the vanilla game. You can basically go to everyone of its starting areas right from the get go. Even the DLC areas are easier accessible.
I played the hell out of this mod. I really love the NPC filled bar in No Man's Wharf and being able to see in Frigid Outskirts. However, outside of gameplay and bosses it sterilized a lot of areas by making them more linear. Neat on a first run, but cumbersome on repeat runs.

Field

Kingdom Come Deliverance. I’m enjoying it. Feel like it has a lot of charm.

Is lockpicking supposed to be nearly impossible until you have levelled it up a few times? Playing with controller on simple setting.

I'm currently playing Unicorn Overlord on Switch. Four to Six Units are around levels 15 to 18. I'm currently stuck on a main quest and been doing some side content to get more of my Units towards Level 18 and beyond. So far I've been loving the game. I've been mostly playing portable and it looks FANTASTIC on the OLED Screen. I'm around 22 to 24 hours into it. I want to 💯 Percent everything.

Music is great. Voice acting is really good so far. The Story and Characters are good. The Graphics are fantastic even though the environments do repeat themselves. The Animations are fantastic too. My issue with the graphics with the game is that some of the character art looks Mobile. But it does look way better in motion than in stills

The Gameplay is fantastic though

13 Sentinels has the better story/cast but Unicorn Overlord has the better gameplay

Paltheos

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Definitely a better package than Kiwami 1. Removing armor on attacks was such a dumb design choice in Kiwami 1. Stomped endgame though - sacred wooden armor autoblocked machine gun fire, and the liu chinese saber + auto weapon repair cut through the final level like a knife through butter. Substories in this game generally are still kinda weak though - Very few on the level of Yakuza 0. Best moment in the game is Kiryu punching a tiger in the face. Best substory is talking down a salaryman who won the lottery and spent his winnings on gifts for a hostess he's enamored with and is now convinced is cheating on him (it escalates so well). Dumbest moment is 'cursed blood', but thankfully this kind of silly idea is only brought to the table for a few minutes. There are a few, odd filler quests implemented into the main quest too but like a few other elements of the game's design, I chock them up to borrowing from Yakuza 2 and just not altering the story structure.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Alone in the Dark

2-3 hours in and I like it so far. Love the exploration. Combat not so much. Biggest gripe with the game is the god awful soundtrack. Whi though these Jazz tones were a good fit for this kind of game. Had to turn it off in order to avoid my ears bleeding.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I’d been wanting Pocky and Rocky, which is currently at an all time low on Steam. For some reason no key sellers are carrying it.

Anyways it’s a breath of fresh air and takes me back to the Super Nintendo days. Really well done, and well….if it’s game over you have to start over from the beginning of the level! The horror lol! I’m not used to this anymore.

Oh and PC version isn’t censored.

StueyDuck

Arma 3 antistasi ultimate mod,

don't know how i missed the antistasi crazy when it first hit but I'm fucking loving it now, struggling to get my mates keen though, hopefully they'll get reforger in a state to have it's own version

Dying many times in Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams on my Steam Deck. It has a weird switch between parallel worlds mechanic that's kind of cumbersome but whatever I paid 85 cents for it.

Impotaku

Currently surviving my way through Grounded, ever since i finished both subnautica games i have been wanting another crafting survival type game i already play no mans sky and astroneer but those dont have the same feel as subnautica. Grounded seems to have filled that void perfectly, the story is really intriguing the setting is amazing and the voice acting & soundtrack are top notch. Managed to build a temp base of all the bits of gear i need to craft and have slowly started upgrading my weapons and armour,played about 7 hours so far and i have managed to find the next set of Dr Wendells labs, getting into them is a different matter.

Love the whole vibe and artstyle, looks so vibrant on oled switch, while not as impressive as running on pc it still holds up pretty well.
yDeyI6I.jpg

QEOVNGW.jpg

LzY10pD.jpg

My current base until i choose where to build a proper full kitted out base
UNLDKg3.jpg

The sense of scale is great, running fact to face with huge spiders not so much lol.
TlAutE5.jpg

The lighting and shadows are really nice.
r4wAC5l.jpg

S1vFtK5.jpg

Visiting BURG.L in the oak lab is always a nice excursion, managed to revive the duplacator and find some of his missing chips to progress the story. Love his design.
L1duYAY.jpg

skDRpbf.jpg

Also found one of these things, had to fend off waves of bitey gits till it finished mixing, worth doing though as it gave me a load of science points.
Z2Y3jU2.jpg

So far it's an amazing game, so pleased it fially came to switch. Been wanting to play it for years since i saw it originally appear on youtube from people playing the steam early access version.

Not Endless Ocean. My Gamestop did not have it today on release date.

I have far more pressing matters at the moment like trying to stay sane, so I'll just grab it tomorrow, but still...

engstra

My Friend Pedro: decided to give it a go as it was leaving PS+ soon. Ended up playing through it in one sitting. The first stages are pretty meh but it gets a lot more interesting from then on. Just mindless shooting and light platforming fun that didn't overstay its welcome. Would recommend

Stellar Blade, I've put in around 22 hours so far, and I think I'm halfway through as I finished most of the side activities in the first 4 zones, including all the collectibles found in these areas.

Will say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it, the combat is really good, boss encounters keep getting better the further I progress in the game, and the exploration is fun as hell and rewards you with cool outfits for Eve 😏

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Cleaning up the DLC in Sunset Overdrive. Love this game. So much fun just zipping around the world blasting monsters and Fizzco Robots. The traversal is excellent and the various weapons are fun as hell to use. Best Xbox exclusive I've tried so far.

Stellar Blade, I've put in around 22 hours so far, and I think I'm halfway through as I finished most of the side activities in the first 4 zones, including all the collectibles found in these areas.

Will say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it, the combat is really good, boss encounters keep getting better the further I progress in the game, and the exploration is fun as hell and rewards you with cool outfits for Eve 😏

How do you feel about the music ..does it become annoying, the same track looping for hours like a jrpg?

Alpha Male

Here's what I'm playing for the month of May:

SERIES X
Fallout 4
EA PGA Tour
Forza Motorsport
Battlefield 2042
Halo Infinite multiplayer

DECK OLED
Front Mission 2 Remake
Stellaris
Super Mega Baseball 4
No Man's Sky

Last edited:

Superkid93

Neo Member
Two games on my radar. Both installed and ready to rock...

Dead Island 2: I loved the first Dead Island when it came out. Very excited to give this one a shot. Held back for the steam release. Got it half off which is nice.

Indika: Sniffed around this one during this year's Steam Next Fest. Seems very unique so im all in.

Playing both on PC.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I have so many games to play, I'm officially not buying anything new until after I beat the upcoming Elden Ring DLC. That gives me a lot of time to knock out some stuff.
Stellar Blade is just sitting there... staring at me.

- Trails of Cold Steel - After the amazing duo of Zero/Azure, I knew it would be jarring to go from that to Cold Steel, and it was, but I'm up to Chapter 3 now and damn I'm hooked all over again! It's so exciting to me that I'm at the start of what is 4 full games of awesome! Then Reverie, which I plan to savor like a fine wine, and then Daybreak hype. The Trails series is really something magical.

- Fae Farm - I've been looking to get hooked on a cozy game of late, and almost dove back into Stardew Valley, but Fae Farm keeps getting my attention. I'm sure it'll wear off at some point but right now I'm really liking how this game is laid out.

- Fallout 76/Fallout 4 - As a long-time Fallout stan, it didn't take much more than seeing the trailer for the new show to get me right back in. I bounced off of F76 after like 50 hours, so it's neat to dive back in and start working through questlines that are new to me. Fired up Fallout 4 after this latest patch, but I'm not feeling it since I've probably put 500 hours into the game over the years. I wanna see the new Enclave questline though.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm a good boy, still playing DQ8 and won't touch anything else until I'm done with it.

A game I'm loving every minute of btw. The gameplay is fine, the visuals hold pretty nice for a PS2 game, since the game has beautiful art design and it's very colorful.

And the music, man...

I have a few ideas for what game to play next but I'm undecided.
  • Helldivers 2 (PC)
  • TLoZ Majora's Mask (N64)
  • Metal Gear Rising (PC, replay)
  • Sekiro (PC, replay)

Last edited:

amigastar

I'm a good boy, still playing DQ8 and won't touch anything else until I'm done with it.

A game I'm loving every minute of btw. The gameplay is fine, the visuals hold pretty nice for a PS2 game, since the game has beautiful art design and it's very colorful.

And the music, man...

I have a few ideas for what game to play next but I'm undecided.
  • Helldivers 2 (PC)
  • TLoZ Majora's Mask (N64)
  • Metal Gear Rising (PC, replay)
  • Sekiro (PC, replay)

I have DQ8 on my 3DS, still have to play it.

Top Bottom