• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

GeekyDad

Looks like I'm wrapping up SMTIV. It kinda went by faster than I thought. Like I said, this is my seventh playthrough, but it had been years since the last. Ah well, was awesome again. Got locked into Law ending, though. :( Was hoping for Neutral.

Grinchy

Banned
COD Cold War is way too much fun. I typically can't stand the regular modes of a COD game but this one has sucked me in. I just like the pace of it and the balance of the maps so far. It's so much better than the regular modes of Black Ops 4.

Psos

Neo Member
I still play Left 4 Dead 2, and can't stop. I think I got used to this game too much.

Besides, I play sometimes Hollow Knight, and Civ 6. W would like to play Serious Sam 4, but I'm not sure to buy it now or maybe wait for any discount.

It's time to rock NeoGAF

1IiiuvC.jpg

Awyiss. Rockin' out like it's 2006.

Feels good man.

BI2yLiC.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Beat Miles Morales. Ok game. It does a good job of showing off some of the PS5’s graphics. It’s just more Spider-Man though and I had enough with the first game.

Slowly chipping away at Demon’s Souls. I played a bit on the PS3 but didn’t get that far back in the day.

Also about 30 hours into AC:V. Good game, but it’s starting to wear me down a bit. I was glued to it for the first 20 hours but the Ubisoft open world fatigue is slowly setting in.

Cracklox

I bought Far Cry New Dawn cheap for some reason and its been ok I guess. About half way through or so. I say for some reason because I never played 5. In fact I havent really played the series since 3. I was just scrolling through the store looking for something to play and had a weird urge. Plus it was like 17 bucks. No regrets, but I was hoping it would grab me a little more then it has so far, but that could have something to do with not having played 5

Demon's Souls on Ps5! Just got to Tower of Latria (3-1). I haven't played this in about 8 years, and I love going through it again. I started with soldier, but wanted to try magic so I switched to Royalty (lol I know). Its a lot of fun and I like the int/dex build it throws you into. I never use dex so its a fun change from the str builds I usually use. It lets me vary my approach and the magical spells look incredible. I'm so hype to use those big spells like soul spear and firestorm.

Next week I'm getting Spiderman MM and AC Valhalla, so I'll have a choice of which to play next. Probably Spiderman because it's shorter.

Ogbert

Demon Souls on PS5

It obviously looks incredible and I’m enjoying it, but it’s not a patch on Dark Souls (IMO). It doesn’t have that haunting, somber quality - like a
waking nightmare. But you can obviously see how From developed their style.

Am I right in thinking that the stages are tough but the bosses aren’t as difficult as other From titles? I one shot the Tower Soldier despite getting hit frequently. DS 1 wouldn’t be anything like as forgiving.

Daymos

I decided to ditch the low-end consoles for awhile and do some pc gaming! Playing trails in the sky at 1080p/60fps and my PC runs it like a dream!

..(I'm being sarcastic, but accurate, I have a 6 year old laptop but the game was made in 2004)

After a 400 hour love affair with dragon quest 11s I decided I needed something longer (!) so I'm trying my hand at the whole legend of heroes series. I hear amazing things about falcom, but the only game of theirs I've beat (unknowingly) was faxanadu, and even then from what I understand that's more of a spin off with limited falcom input to hudsonsoft.

Last edited:
W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Am I right in thinking that the stages are tough but the bosses aren’t as difficult as other From titles?

It seems that way.

It's also much easier to farm, particularly early in the game. Skeletons in 4-1 drop about 300 souls each and it takes about two minutes to kill 6 of them and reset at the bonfire. Jelly-shield guys at 1-2 drop plenty of upgrade mats too, so you can easily upgrade your stats and weapon(s) before getting into "hard" content.

Days Gone on PS5.

Looks fantastic. Some harsh reviews, that basically boiled down to "toxic masculinity" on the usual Soy game sites.

Last edited:
I'm taking my sweet time playing Age of Calamity. Currently still in Chapter 2, only have Mipha left to recruit, then it off into the unknown!
The framerate hasn't been an issue so far. The only time it's been really noticeable was when I used my special against 2+ enemy commanders, so not "interactive" gameplay anyway.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i just downloaded Destiny 2 again. got the Beyond Light expansion for Destiny and doing a new character to see what i've missed out on. Not played the game seriously for a long time. I bought Shadowkeep but hardly touched it. Shit i think it was around when Forsaken came out that i stopped playing daily.

Last edited:

TimFL

Platinumed Miles Morales on PS5. The DualSense feature usage was mediocre and the story was okay at best. Still a good game to get your first PS5 fix.

Will hop onto Astro next (for Platinum), followed by Maneater on PS5.

Adam Wart

Neo Member
i just downloaded Destiny 2 again. got the Beyond Light expansion for Destiny and doing a new character to see what i've missed out on. Not played the game seriously for a long time. I bought Shadowkeep but hardly touched it. Shit i think it was around when Forsaken came out that i stopped playing daily.
Same here with Destiny 2 :messenger_confused: What would you recommend to play of this kind?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Zelda: Phantom Hoursglass on my 3DS.

Say what you will about Nintendo but their efforts to use the gimmicks they introduced for them devices is second to none. When I was playing AlbW I was blown away by how well they used the 3D feature - and it's just the same here with the touch and stylus controls. Absolutely amazing. All the ideas.... Never change Nintendo.

I have to say though that the focus on stylus controls is a bit exhausting for me personally. I'm not a huge fan of playing games while lying on my stomach and that is pretty much required for this game. So I cannot play it for really long before having to take a break. Also, I'm not really sure what to think about the time restraint of the water temple. Used a guide to obtain the final sea map because I didn't want to do most of the dungeon only to have to start all over again because the time runs out. And even with the guide I only had like 2 minutes left at the end so.... no regrets of doing so.

Last edited:

mr.dilya

Banned
Never played the Witcher 3 and started it last week. I got 35 hours in and I’m still level 13 and in Novigrad. Is this normal?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
65 hours into Yakuza Like a Dragon and still kicking. It looks like I'm nearing the end, but who knows.

Don't know what to play next. I'm thinking on Yakuza 0 but I might give that saga a rest and play Killer7 or Ruiner instead.

Enzo88

Beat Desperados 3 a couple of days ago and now i am on Wasteland 3. Wasteland has some really good writing and solid jrpg mechanics, but It's pretty buggy/unpolished on console :(

drganon

Beat little hope. Overall, I liked it more than man of medan, but still not up the level of until dawn. Also recently bought ni no kuni 2 since it was on sale for 8 bucks. After I beat bioshock 2( I think I'm over about half way through), I'll probably be playing that.

lachesis

Been playing Nier Automata on XSX/GamePass. Quite impressed by the game so far - that it has certain feeling of ambiguity.
Thought it would be a dead easy game, but had some tough time in the beginning. (No saving! Didn't know anything about that... :/)

Certain challenges seem to have quite a bit of actual "challenge" too.... until you OP yourself. It feels like the game has some enigma of uncertainty, which keeps me on the toe and intrigued.

But some of the platforming. I had to jump a several narrow columns - took me a few tries, but darn 2B doesn't stay still. She has to do the model walk around all the time... lol.

Zadom

Playing Miles Morales and enjoying it.

Also playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. Tried it on PS Now and realized it is right up my alley so bought Royal edition on sale that has all DLC. Has clunky animations and not a lot of guidance in some places but I love being able to feel like I’ve been transported to Middle Ages.

qQ1FkK8.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Demon's Souls (PS5) 3rd playthrough

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Switch) As someone who is not much fan of DW series, I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this one.

Naked Lunch

Halo MCC - for my competitive multiplayer fix. Crossplay with console/PC is really cool. I actually see the keyboard and mouse players get wrecked more often than not somehow.

Shenmue 1 (HD version on XB1) - just finished this for the first time since 1999. Its even an even better game in 2020. The game just has a soul. Im not in love with the HD port. Lots of audio pops. Might replay on the actual Dreamcast.

Super Mario 3 (NES) - after finishing Mario 1 and 2 recently going thru the entire series in order. A masterwork.

Sin and Punishment (N64) - revisiting this great before I play thru its sequel (which I havent played yet). I bought a wii solely to finally play Star Successor.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei (Saturn) - revisiting this strange and completely amazing series. There is nothing like the Panzer Dragoon series in terms of atmosphere, music, and art direction in any media. A gaming treasure.

Soon to be playing once the Xbox One version drops:
Dragon Quest XI (Xbox One version) - due out dec 4th i think. I tinkered with the demo for 5 minutes but im waiting for the full release. Good things come to those who wait. Every once in awhile everyone needs to play a super colorful Dragon Quest game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Sin and Punishment (N64) - revisiting this great before I play thru its sequel (which I havent played yet). I bought a wii solely to finally play Star Successor.
You won't regret it. It's been years since I played it but I remember it being a shot but very sweet experience. Have fun!

Chastten

Banned
Final Fantasy X Remastered on Switch. I've been meaning to complete this game for well over a decade but it didn't happen until 2020, because reasons. It's an okay game, but it's nothing special to be honest. I mean, I like the music and the combat system for the most part, but the story is typical Square crap, and very badly presented at that. I mean, I know cutscenes were still a hot thing back then but they incoherent, and all over the place. Even at the time, I thought there were much better RPG's than FFX and playing the remastered version hasn't that changed that opinion. Still happy I'm gonna finish it after close to 2 decades though.

Besides FFX, still casually playing Genshin Impact. It's a very nice experience for casual play and most days I play for 15-30 minutes and log out again. The gacha mechanics are absolutely terrible though, so I can't see myself playing this hardcore like many others do.

drganon

Beat bioshock 2. Now I just have the dlc and infinite and I can finally say I played all the bioshock games ( 10 years late, but whatever). Also started ni no kuni 2. So far, I think I'm liking it more than one, at least combat wise.

TriSuit666

Banned
I bought Far Cry New Dawn cheap for some reason and its been ok I guess. About half way through or so. I say for some reason because I never played 5. In fact I havent really played the series since 3. I was just scrolling through the store looking for something to play and had a weird urge. Plus it was like 17 bucks. No regrets, but I was hoping it would grab me a little more then it has so far, but that could have something to do with not having played 5

I'm playing 5 now, and even though it's janky as fuck, it's holding my attention for the moment.

Other than that Rock Band 3 / Clone hero is getting most of my attention. Oh, and Death Stranding.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Two hours or so into Doom Eternal.

Feels just like the reboot from 2016 but man... STAHP WITH THE UPGRADES ALREADY !! For the love of every that is holy....

Top Bottom