• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

BF2042, Rockband 4, That Wizard Game, Skyrim 😅 and a loot more, but those take most of my time this weekend.
How are you enjoying BF2042?

I've been seeing some people say it's better now. I'm tempted to give it a shot especially since I really love the futuristic setting and I miss playing Battlefield 3 and need a good FPS game

Andyliini

Just finished Fire Emblem Engage on Switch. As my goal of finishing three games per month still needs one game, and there is not much of February left, I think I'll play the built-in game that came with PS5. I forget it's name, but I read it's short and sweet. Great contrast for Fire Emblem.

I was really into Hogwarts/Persona 3 but, as usual, I find myself struggling to play anything. I haven't touched Hogwarts in a few days. I played about half an hour of Persona 3 the other night but not feeling it anymore. It's not the games but me. My mind just goes off track like this.

I'm nowhere near finished either game. I'm only 17 hours into Hogwarts and 8 hours into P3P. Now I feel overwhelmed knowing there are many hours left before I finish them. It's the same fucking shit all the time and it's pissing me off. When I get into a game I have a load of fun but I can't focus on anything for too long.

As much as I like games, when my brain isn't being a cunt, it's getting to the point where I think i should stop playing games completely. I don't want to but I find it so frustrating. I'm jealous of people who can sit down and play a game for hours on end and finish them quickly. It takes me months to finish a game :(

nightmare-slain nightmare-slain hope you are fine bro. 🫂

How about trying out shorter games? The kind that can be beaten in one or two sessions.
Yeah I've tried that. It does help. It's more games that are like 30+ hours that I struggle with. Hogwarts is looking to be a 50-100 hour game and P3P is meant to be ~70 hours.

It's not just games but tv shows/books. I get overwhelmed by how much time I need to put into them. I do try read some short novels or watch mini tv series. If I can quickly get through them it makes me feel better and I have more energy to focus on a bigger book/show/game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah I've tried that. It does help. It's more games that are like 30+ hours that I struggle with. Hogwarts is looking to be a 50-100 hour game and P3P is meant to be ~70 hours.

It's not just games but tv shows/books. I get overwhelmed by how much time I need to put into them. I do try read some short novels or watch mini tv series. If I can quickly get through them it makes me feel better and I have more energy to focus on a bigger book/show/game.
I get that feel sometimes too, I just assume I'm not in the mood for that and move on to something else, trying to not overthink it too much.

When that happens I just go for a walk or do something else. Being in the middle of a game/book/show doesn't mean you have to commit 100% to it, it's fine to drop stuff. :)

I get that feel sometimes too, I just assume I'm not in the mood for that and move on to something else, trying to not overthink it too much.

When that happens I just go for a walk or do something else. Being in the middle of a game/book/show doesn't mean you have to commit 100% to it, it's fine to drop stuff. :)
I do take a break. I know that eventually I'll come back to the games but I hate starting something and leaving it lol. Also, there are just too many games I want to play and I can't get through them all so I find myself being more strict on what I play. It definitely helps my wallet but still there are those cool games I want to try :( lol

Hogwarts at the moment. When my PSVR2 arrives next week (or week after) then it will be VR stuff (Village is one thing I am keen to see but there are loads of things I want to try).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I do take a break. I know that eventually I'll come back to the games but I hate starting something and leaving it lol. Also, there are just too many games I want to play and I can't get through them all so I find myself being more strict on what I play. It definitely helps my wallet but still there are those cool games I want to try :( lol
There's just too many games, devs should stop for a year or two and gives us the chance to catch up. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, hope you find a game that manages to kee your attention! Have fun bro.

9GwT6qL.jpg

I had no intention to play this, but I tried the demo to kill time. I ended up buying it right after and can't stop playing.

The RPG elements really made the game. It's addicting building up an army of Final Fantasy characters and take down enemies and bosses from the entire FF franchise.

The music is awesome too, but that part was a given.

Labadal

Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

I'm in it for the combat, and demon fusion. Characters are a big miss for me. Currently on day 2 of the lockdown. I was surprised that there aren't any items in the game, but you're given enough skilks/spells to deal with healing/debuffs/ailments.

SMT as a tactical rpg works well, and you can customize your units/parties to an extent that makes me happy.

I have the sequel ready, which I will play, if I end up really enjoying this.

After hesitating between finally starting Kakarot, starting Darksiders 3 again, and playing the DLCs for Age of Calamity... I decided to start the first Darksiders again (completed it 3 times already). Sigh...

SteadyEvo

I was really into Hogwarts/Persona 3 but, as usual, I find myself struggling to play anything. I haven't touched Hogwarts in a few days. I played about half an hour of Persona 3 the other night but not feeling it anymore. It's not the games but me. My mind just goes off track like this.

I'm nowhere near finished either game. I'm only 17 hours into Hogwarts and 8 hours into P3P. Now I feel overwhelmed knowing there are many hours left before I finish them. It's the same fucking shit all the time and it's pissing me off. When I get into a game I have a load of fun but I can't focus on anything for too long.

As much as I like games, when my brain isn't being a cunt, it's getting to the point where I think i should stop playing games completely. I don't want to but I find it so frustrating. I'm jealous of people who can sit down and play a game for hours on end and finish them quickly. It takes me months to finish a game :(
I’m the same way sometimes. Oddly enough Dead Space 2008 hooked me and I beat it in about 3 days. Probably play 2 next. And my Switch backlog is crazy. Wanna play the new Kirby and pick up where I left off months ago with Triangle Strategy although I suck at those games.

If I find I can’t focus I’ll go for a long walk to clear my head. Always makes me feel better. Good luck 🍀

Osthyvel

How are you enjoying BF2042?

I've been seeing some people say it's better now. I'm tempted to give it a shot especially since I really love the futuristic setting and I miss playing Battlefield 3 and need a good FPS game
I have been playing this since launch, it was my most played game 2022 :)

I have loved it from launch, and yes they have done alot to the game with patches and upgrades its cheap nowadays, cant go wrong, i am sure you will like it.

I am actually more of a "codguy" but i prefer this over mw2, probably because of a little burnout from the codformula.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Getting back into Skyrim today for the first time in many years. I got the Special Edition on sale so I'm finally going to play through the dragonborn DLC.

Most modern games are sacrificing pacing for content.

Eiknarf

Ghostwire Protocol? lol

Im playing In Sound Mind. Only 5 bucks on Xbox. Fun so far, never heard about it but it got some good reviews. Also playing Little Nightmares 2 which was on sale too. Nice little horror games.
Are you playing Little Nightmares 2 on a PS5 by chance ? I’m wondering if (when upgraded to the PS5 version) it utilizes better haptic feedback and trigger effects?

I’ve played it so much on my PS4 that I don’t really need to replay it on my PS5 unless the feel in the controller and triggers have been enhanced

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It takes me months to finish a game :(
It’s same for me but I don’t mind that, I’m no in hurry to finish a game as fast as possible.

I’m still working on Fire Emblem Engage. Currently clocking 90+ hours in chapter 19 and I heard others only took them 40 hours to finish the game.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

Playing Horizon FW which I'm finally getting to after finding a bit tedious the first time I tried it, and GT7, which I bought for VR but which I thought I may as well dive into to get the dull early stuff out of the way.

It's like the tale of two cross gen games. Horizon looks spectacular, whereas GT7 looks really really rough. The lowest effort next gen upgrade imaginable.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
9GwT6qL.jpg

I had no intention to play this, but I tried the demo to kill time. I ended up buying it right after and can't stop playing.

The RPG elements really made the game. It's addicting building up an army of Final Fantasy characters and take down enemies and bosses from the entire FF franchise.

The music is awesome too, but that part was a given.
Guess I need to try this demo. Had no idea there were RPG elements.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Are you playing Little Nightmares 2 on a PS5 by chance ? I’m wondering if (when upgraded to the PS5 version) it utilizes better haptic feedback and trigger effects?

I’ve played it so much on my PS4 that I don’t really need to replay it on my PS5 unless the feel in the controller and triggers have been enhanced

Thanks in advance

Xbox, sorry

Been there before. Just stop playing and thinking about games until the desire returns. They aren’t going anywhere.

Rippa

Just got done Platinumizing Dead Space on PS5.

Now I’m off to give my One X some love and play Ori & The Will of the Wisps for the first time.

Played a round of Streets of Rage 2 with a good friend out of the blue... got up to stage 7 before we bit our last bullet. This game is still awesome as fuck and in the upper stages still goddamn frustratingly evil XD
That fucking boxer on the ship. Still, really loved the nostalgia sweapping over me (was one of my most beloved games on my MD as a kid).

sobaka770

Banned
Finished mass effect 2 for nth time. Paragon Liara Vanguard.
Wanna play it again, Renegade-ish, Tali, Soldier. Why don't they make games like this anymore?? 33 hours full completion, interesting choices, great characters. I'd replay this a 100 times over any recent Assassin's Creed or Horizon or God of war.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I'm the same way with longer games. AAA titles became so boring to me. If you haven't already, I would recommend checking out indie titles. They're usually much shorter and get way more experimental. Every now and then, I will get hooked on a AAA game, but it's pretty rare these days.

Also, never feel bad for dropping a game if it's not respecting your time or is otherwise just not fun to play. Life is too short to waste it on things that aren't bringing value to you.

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Played/tested a ton of mostly small older games and rouge-likes on the steam deck and macbook.

Danger Scavenger: Twin-stick shooter with beautiful visuals and rpg elements. Works great on mac. It's good but not great. Might give it a few more tries.

Fury Unleashed: One of my favorite rouge-likes of all time but sadly the controller isn't recognized in-game on mac. Tried again with tweaked settings but still doesn't work.

Dead Cells: Been playing on Switch for years but finally double-dipped on PC. It may have surpassed Fury as my fav rouge. In a dream world I'd combine the gameplay of Fury with the rouge elements of Cells.

Sleeping Dogs: DE: Never stuck with this but there's a much better chance now that it runs well on mac. Am liking the story better than the last one I tried briefly; Zero I think.

RIVE: Incredible as always. Runs great on mac.

Deadlight: Moody little side-scrolling survival shooter after the world was devastated. Great lighting and atmosphere. Will keep playing.

Zombie Driver HD: Car combat with zombies. Great looking but not really that fun. Might play one more times before deleting.

Reassembly: Build ships, mine resources, fight battles. Tried playing on deck but will switch to big screen until I understand what's going on.

RAD: Twin-stick rouge-like by Double Fine and BANDAI NAMCO! Has an amazing look and was really excited after clearing the first level. Was curious what weapons were upcoming so watched a video but they don't seem to get much better, unfortunately. Will keep playing though since it looks so great and curious what these guys made.

GRIP: Combat Racing: Was on sale for $1.50 and worth the price. Enjoyed the demo but game seemed different from what I remembered. Keeping it around for quick plays on deck.

Returnal: Got it mostly to play on deck but doesn't run too well there. Installed on PC just to see how it played and *poof* 12 hours vanished. Looks and plays incredible at hight resolution. Ray tracing is really noticeable in areas with foliage. Thrilled to have it in my permanent library.

Hell Yeah!: Twin-stick platformer with popping visuals by Sega. Has some problems running on deck where loading takes several minutes and crashed while loading level 2. Might keep tweaking since it seems pretty fun.

Bloody Hell: Free short little twin-stick shooter that's fun on deck. Will keep playing.

System Shock Demo: Expected to love it but it's not fun and everything feels off and far away from a polished product. Hoping they make dramatic improvements. What a letdown.

Had a great time messing around with all these older games. The steam deck makes it so easy to install and test since they're so small and download quickly. What a time to be a gamer.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I can't remember a Q1 as jam packed as 2023 is with games. Dead Space, Hogwarts, Atomic Heart, Wild Hearts, RE4, Signalis(physical), 8Doors(physical), Metroid Prime Remastered, Clive n Wrench, Scars Above, Wanted: Dead, Wo Long, Bayonetta Origins, Trails to Azure, Octopath 2, Like a Dragon.

I realize some of those are previously released games digitally and some are lesser known/regarded titles, but even then, Q1 is usually not nearly as jam packed.

Naked Lunch

Saturn Fenrir DUO installed and setup in combination with the RetroTINK 5x upscaler + shielded scart cable.
My Saturn's cd laser was on the frits - now my Saturn has been made immortal. Saturn game collection backed up. shmup cloud nine - inbound.
But before I head into the depths of bullethell...

Panzer Dragoon Zwei [Sega Saturn]
A timeless masterwork that never fails to astound. The dragon struggling to fly - and then on stage 2 when you finally hit the skies. The branching paths. The music. The game is shear witchcraft in digital form - theres a mystery and otherworldly, something, going on here. An atmosphere (along with its sibling Panzer Dragoon entries) that has yet to be matched in this medium.

Assault Suit Leynos 2 [Sega Saturn]
I really wish more games did the whole 'zooming into and out of sprite work' stuff. Target Earth on steroids - im finally going to attempt to finish this one.

Sega Rally Championship Plus [Sega Saturn]
The 3d controller support of this variant is necessary. Probably STILL the best arcade home racing game of all time.

Halo Infinite [Series X]
I swear this game has been infested by either cheaters - or leet pro gamer dorks. Im talking no scope city. Very tough sledding - but once you get rollin, its a thrill worth enduring the pain.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finished mass effect 2 for nth time. Paragon Liara Vanguard.
Wanna play it again, Renegade-ish, Tali, Soldier. Why don't they make games like this anymore?? 33 hours full completion, interesting choices, great characters. I'd replay this a 100 times over any recent Assassin's Creed or Horizon or God of war.
Because quality means nothing any more. Length is paramount. It's insane.

Geometry wars 3.

What about considering something arcadey for short bursts instead of some story- or RPG-heavy game? - or go out of your comfort zone and explore a new genre?

Those games can understandably get tiresome if that's all you play.

amigastar

Finished Blasphemous on the Steam Deck. I liked this one a lot, but it ended in a sour note since I was locked out of the true ending by a mistake a made almost at the end of the game. Still had a lot of fun, can't wait to see the sequel.

I'm now replaying Dragon Quest V on a New2DS.
How much did you pay for DQ V? I've heard it's pretty expensive.

Gandih42

Finished Spiritfarer and did pretty much all the request and side activities, overall really enjoyed it. I was both positively and negatively surprised by the game. The story had a lot more mature themes than I expected and really hit the feels sometimes, really impressed by that. I didn't quite feel like the gameplay was able to support the games length without wearing thin, but it was definitely worth it for the emotional investment. Fave Spirits were Jackie, Alice, and Bruce, each of their stories had something that really resonated with me.

Now I've finally fired up Xenoblade Chronicles 2, almost two years after finished the Definitive Edition of 1. I was always a bit sceptical of it because of the voice acting and some of the character designs, but really blown away by the intro sequence. The cutscene direction is incredible, and the actual dialogue has been quite good so far. And the bits that are cringe are hilariously so. Looking forward to getting more into the combat and seeing where the story goes. Oh and the music. Been listening to it for a long while, so I'm not surprised, but so so good.

Last edited:

mrmustard

Banned
Shadow Warrior 3 on Game Pass. While i rellay like the gameplay, it's a buggy mess. Tried one passage for over an hour and thought i was too stupid, but after a Youtube video it turned out that an event didn't trigger correctly and i had to restart the level. And that happened not only once, but twice. In annother level i couldn't progress antil restarting the level, because the jump always ended midair and i was teleported to the platform where i started.

sedg87

Banned
Elden Ring
Done everything before the fire giant boss so I'm heading there next. Probably my least favourite fight in the game so I'm putting it off and playing other games.

Resident Evil Survivor
Pretty dated but nostalgia and all that stuff. 7/10.

Gonna be playing some more PS1 horror games for the first time. I've got Clock Tower: First Feart, Countdown Vampires, Echo Night, Hellnight, and Nightmare Creatures

TintoConCasera

How much did you pay for DQ V? I've heard it's pretty expensive.
It's expensive as hell, yes. Don't know how a DS game could get to cost more than 200€ but that's the case.

Thankfully I didn't have to pay for it, got it as a gift back in the day.

stn

Played these games the last few days:

1. Wanted: Dead (XSX) - solid action but infuriating at times. Gonna stick with it though. [7/10].
2. Bloodborne (PS4) - level 31, going to fight the first major boss (i.e. FG). [9.5/10].
3. Star Ocean: Divine Force (PS4) - 5 hours in, love it. Has performance issues but I am enjoying it quite a bit. Wish there was appearance-changing loot, but oh well. [9/10].

sedg87

Banned
The X Files
Went to a local motel to look for Mulder and Scully, used my binoculars on the receptionist's boobs, tried to handcuff her, and got a game over. 10/10.

Top Bottom