• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I never tried the PS3 version. Did it work with Move as well?

I finished three more chapters since making the post you quoted. It's a nice Dead Space Lite for when I want to jump in and chop up some necromorphs.

Shaking the Wiimote to activate the light is irritating, though.

I don't own a Move, but I'm seeing here on YouTube that it does indeed work. I just move around those cursors with the analog sticks.

chetana

Neo Member
The Banner Saga:
Love the graphic style and the Old Norse setting.
At higher difficulty the game becomes really complex, especially the fights in turn.
The story is intriguing and having the power of anyoccasion to give different developments to the storyline will bring you to replay it over and over again.
I highly recommend this!

I have heard good reviews about this game but haven't tried yet.

Most nights or spare time that I have? The Division 2. But then again I have 90+ games to play on my PS4 Pro.
Just last week my Nacon Revolution Unlimited Pro controller arrived and because of the stick layout, comfort and feel of the controller, some of my games just play differently (in a good way).
So because of the above new controller I am really liking:
GT Sport
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019

Trying out all my games one by one with this new controller but yeah right now its Division 2, GT Sport and Pro Evo 2019.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yakuza 0. It's my first Yakuza game and I love it! Some of the side missions I've completed so far were hilarious AF and in a very good way. I think this series has extremy high chance of becoming one of my favorite series of games ever and now I hope that every Yakuza game will be available on PC along with Judgment.

I was also pleasantly surprised of how good the game looks on PC with x4 SSAA in 1080p and how smooth it runs. I mean, It's not the most technicaly advanced game out there, but the amount very detailed objects, densety of them on screen and overal art and design is definately playing its role here, not to mention the setting of Japan and all of its cultural awesomeness:messenger_relieved:

M.W.

Game? I play at least 10 games at a time son. Right now...

AC Origins
Days Gone
RDR2
GT Sport
Mafia III
Rocket League
BFV
CTR
Sonic Racing
Watch Dogs 2

harry04

guyz, I’ve picked up one game recently named Will to Live. 20 hours as of now and I can't stop playing sos. If you are a fan of Metro Exodus / S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I'm sure you will love this game too . It's an indie with a very small price tag. Really cool multiplayer shooter with post-apocalyptic atmosphere and a ton of quests and ZOMBIES!!!! Lots of bugs for sure, but it’s well worth the price plus 25% discount at the abyss platform. hope admins do not ban me for sharing a link :messenger_grinning_sweat: : https://portal.theabyss.com/games/will-to-live

Grinchy

Banned
Mostly playing Astrobot on PSVR right now. I think I'm 4 worlds in and it looks like there are 5 worlds. I don't really want it to end. Some of the levels just look so good and the VR is used so well.

There's a level further in where it's like waist-high water that suddenly starts turning into huge waves as you progress. So you're in VR, the water looks all nice, and the waves are just like washing into you as the character you're controlling flies up above you in the water. It looked so damn cool. Astrobot is definitely a game that could sell someone on VR who didn't like the idea before.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up Bloodstained and mostly enjoyed it, it it did solidify that I’m just nit a big fan of the genre anymore since it’s so well made and I still wasn’t loving it.

Finished up everything in Story mode in Mario Maker 2 and will now be spending more time playing user levels.

Getting back to the Borderlands Handsome Collection. Playing The Presequel with a buddy and made a level 30 character for BL2 to mess around with and do that new free DLC to be ready for BL3.

Occasionally playing a little Path of Exile.

Belmonte

I'm playing NiOh right now. I'm 33 hours in and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Yesterday I was thinking about one of the great criticism of NiOh: the map design. It isn't as incredible as Dark Souls but IMO it is very far from being bad. The "post-Souls" action RPG genre is in an incredible spot right now for NiOh level design be so criticized. To be fair, action RPGs are in a great shape nowadays.

The combat is great. Not a surprise since the studio made the modern Ninja Gaiden games. It isn't just a Dark Souls wannabe. I wish we had more enemy variety though.

Sacred

Just finished the infinite warfare campaign. Absolutely had a blast with it, my favorite CoD campaign by a long shot. Also play RL, Division 2, and Metro Exodus.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'm still working on bloodstained. I should be able to finish next week. I've been just doing 1 to 2 hours every couple of days.

Did you sit on a floor cushion and stack them up next to yourself like the good ol' days?

I admit I do this from time to time, especially if my kids and I are playing together.

Yes, and yes, sitting close to the television as well, haha. My mum was here too, and commented that it was just like the "good old days" with me getting angry while playing. :messenger_halo:

I'm sure nostalgia is a part of it for me, but there's something charming about having a bunch of games at your fingertips and swapping them out at will (usually when I get a game over... :messenger_angry: )

I agree. Forgot to mention Mega Man 3 by the way, which happens to be my favorite in the mainline series. I have not played these games for quite some time, and I really need to get back into them. Some are easy to once again roll into, but for some I need to regain that certain feeling of being in the game's flow. I have not seen Double Dragon's true ending for almost three decades now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finally reached the 4th dungeon in Persona Q2, my progression in this game is slow. I guess it doesn't help that I'm trying to have all my party member in same level and doing all the quests.

Playing The Witcher for the first time, fantastic game if not amusing the FPS drops to 40 when it starts raining.

Two Point Hospital, actually has me playing more than what Theme Hospital did. I would play a few levels of TH and feel like my need was fulfilled, whereas with Two Point Hospital i've completed around 5 stages

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to drop Path of Exile. It's solid, but just a bit dull for how much of a time sink it seems to be. I need more story in my action RPGs. Torchlight is free on Epic Game Store, I'll probably check that out for that fix. Edit: Nah, Torchlight isn't my bag either. Too cartoony etc. Will wait for Diablo 4 for to scratch that itch I guess.

I'll just plan on playing Mario Maker 2 levels and Borderlands Presequel/new DLC for 2 with a buddy until the September releases hit. Maybe get back to Hades and Dead Cells a tad, and MK11 as soon as my left arm (biceps tendon surgery) can handle my fight stick again.

Last edited by a moderator:
F6TqF1F.png

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I ended up reneging on my plan to drop Path of Exile, played a few hours the other day and made it to Act 2. I'm enjoying it enough to still play a time or two a week for now I think.

Mostly messing around with Mario Maker and getting back in to the Borderlands Presequel with a friend. Also went back and did some chipping away at Yoshi's Crafted World and NSMBU Deluxe. I'm not a big fan of either, but had impulse bought them digitally so I'm trying to at least finish them (not 100% or anything). NSMBU I remembered liking a lot more on Wii U than I am now--maybe just early console game shine back then I guess.

Rage 2. What a fuckin pile of shit. Graphics are trash. 1080p? No HDR? Screw "60fps" if this is how it looks. It's 2019 man come on. The gameplay is the same repetitive map clearing experiment in trying to stay awake. The story is ridiculous nonsense that isn't even entertaining in the least. I really don't like this game. I think I'm done with it.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Been playing some more Breath of the Wild this week. I crossed the 100 hour mark and still haven't beaten the game. I love how the game handles enemy scaling because it ensures that I can revisit old areas and still encounter a challenge. My big "accomplishment" was defeating my first two Lynels over the weekend. I've beaten all four Divine beasts and I've explored the whole map (in terms of revealing it via towers), but there is always something new over the next hill and in the next town. I have quite a few unfinished side-quests, especially ones based on riddles. I only have 4 or 5 of the Memories unlocked. I killed one of those flying Chinese dragons many hours ago and got some kind of item drop, but there are still two others I have yet to hunt.

I'll probably spend more time exploring Hyrule Castle, beat the game, then go back and explore more of the world. It's a very chill open-world game. I never feel pressure to advance the storyline and I never feel overwhelmed by all the chores on my quest-list.

TLZ

Banned
Fable 2 on Xbox One X bc.

I've finally got to play this game for the first time. I went in not knowing what to expect, and in the first half hour or so I was so close to stop playing because I was getting bored. Good thing I didn't and the game opened up. Now I can't put the controller down. I didn't expect it to be this game I'm playing now at all. I'm being vague because of spoilers.

Very late to the party, yes.

I really hope there's a new Fable around the corner for us.

Been playing some more Breath of the Wild this week. I crossed the 100 hour mark and still haven't beaten the game. I love how the game handles enemy scaling because it ensures that I can revisit old areas and still encounter a challenge. My big "accomplishment" was defeating my first two Lynels over the weekend. I've beaten all four Divine beasts and I've explored the whole map (in terms of revealing it via towers), but there is always something new over the next hill and in the next town. I have quite a few unfinished side-quests, especially ones based on riddles. I only have 4 or 5 of the Memories unlocked. I killed one of those flying Chinese dragons many hours ago and got some kind of item drop, but there are still two others I have yet to hunt.

I'll probably spend more time exploring Hyrule Castle, beat the game, then go back and explore more of the world. It's a very chill open-world game. I never feel pressure to advance the storyline and I never feel overwhelmed by all the chores on my quest-list.
Done all that in 100 hrs? Man I knew I'm slow but not this slow haha. Took me around 330 hrs! No regrets. I've enjoyed every minute of it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Done all that in 100 hrs? Man I knew I'm slow but not this slow haha. Took me around 330 hrs! No regrets. I've enjoyed every minute of it.
I want to say that I meandered a lot, but I didn't. Now, I didn't exactly race from Divine Beast to the next Divine Beast, but I left most of the side stuff. It seems as though even more quests unlock in the associated town after beating a Beast and almost all of these remain untouched. I'm enjoying it too. I feel like I'm taking my time with it but 330 hours... oof! I'll probably finish around 200 hours and call it quits. Then I'll play the sequel and decide from there if I want to replay either one.

Reactions: TLZ
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Rage 2. What a fuckin pile of shit. Graphics are trash. 1080p? No HDR? Screw "60fps" if this is how it looks. It's 2019 man come on. The gameplay is the same repetitive map clearing experiment in trying to stay awake. The story is ridiculous nonsense that isn't even entertaining in the least. I really don't like this game. I think I'm done with it.

Yeah, you should be done with that. Don't make the mistake I used to of forcing myself through things I was clearly hating. I'll do it for things I'm so-so on (like Yoshi and NSMBU I mentioned above), but if I'm really not digging a game I drop it. It's easy to get cynical and burnt out on games if you're playing things that just lead to annoyance and rants. Games are supposed to be fun, drop that one and find one that's fun to you!

Yeah, you should be done with that. Don't make the mistake I used to of forcing myself through things I was clearly hating. I'll do it for things I'm so-so on (like Yoshi and NSMBU I mentioned above), but if I'm really not digging a game I drop it. It's easy to get cynical and burnt out on games if you're playing things that just lead to annoyance and rants. Games are supposed to be fun, drop that one and find one that's fun to you!

Yeah honestly with his little time I have to actually play (average an hour a night maybe) I can't be bothered to waste time. Ive got like 15 hours into it so I figured I've given it enough of a chance, I can't imagine the gameplay taking a drastic turn for the better. I'll go back to BFV for a bit, see if I can platinum that I think.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got a new gaming laptop (Ryzen 7/1660ti sub $1000 one). Been lvling my pc destiny guys (haven’t played since Xmas when I had to return my last laptop). Also picked up Walking dead Final season on the epic store.

Currently I have quite a few games on the go on three different platforms.

PS3

Child of Eden - Out of the five planets; I still have the last two left to unlock, the game gets tricky pretty quick though. hopefully will finish it soon.

God of War: Origins Collection
- I beat Chains of Olympus, barely scratched the surface of Ghost of Sparta, hopefully will return to it soon.

PC

Resident Evil
(Remaster) - I started a month or two ago, barely scratched the surface, but plan on beating it soon, this game is basically my prep up to playing the new and acclaimed RE 2.

Of course I've played all the RE classics, back from the PSone 90's era, all the way up to 5... I am doing a second run through from the beginning, (but not RE: Zero) and will play both remasters and originals that I bought as PSone Classics on PSN (PS3 digital)

PS4

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - This is by far my most played game since I picked it up a year and 2 months ago. I clock in about 7 to 10 hours per week.

The Witness
- because the island looks really pleasing to the eye and it was also a free game on PS+

I want to finish this game ASAP, but I cannot "love" this game, and sometimes not even like it.

That is all for now, will update with more games , also games that were "Retired".... soon.

Kadayi

Banned
Had to rebuild the PC, but have resumed banging away at Lego Undercover which I'm actually enjoying quite a lot (it's quite engaging and I dig the humour). My only concern is having almost completed the main game and unlocked all the powers that the game world is absolutely frikken enormous and much like Dr Gonzo and Ether I absolutely know I'm going to have to 100% that shit. It's going to be a long ride to completion. :messenger_dizzy:

event-poster-10202799.jpg

jadefire66

Just started... no, continued my Fallout 2 playthrough. Last time I played was 6 years ago lol. I was pretty far into it (New Reno) so I thought I should just continue, considering that I never deleted the game and still have my saves 😅

IpsoFacto

After I've got all the Achievements on Valkyria Revolution, I took to Yakuza Kiwami 2. Right off the bat, it feels a little strange that Kiryu's character model in YK2 is oddly similar to Yakuza 6, when the character in the latter is clearly pushing 50s, when timeline-wise he should be somewhere in his late 30s in the former. That aside, the Dragon engine still looks failry good, especially how it animated Sotenbori and Kamurocho look, as well as feel. Combat is more realistic and heavier too. Plot-wise, it starts a little slow and as always, a little too all over the place, but I'm still in early chapters, so... Anyway, while most of the cutscenes are voiced, it's odd to see and read more text boxes. But then this a remake of an old PS2 game so it can be somewhat forgiven but it sorta stands out when Yakuza 6 has fully voiced audio on even the side stories. Still, side stories are as crazy as ever and that's what I like about it!

Belmonte

Playing Phantasy Star.

Phantasy-Star-1.gif

Phantasy-Star-2.gif

When I start to play a new franchise, I like to start from the beggining whenever I can. Since my "8bit RPG gaming slot" is free right now, I decided to play Phantasy Star 1.

8 bits RPGs have repetitive battles so I need to give a rest from time to time, but there is something I dearly miss in them. They are not so narrative focused, no lenghty conversations, so they can make a more open world experience. You go where you please. You decided if an area is too dangerous for you and this adds to the adventure and results in some interesting choices. Like, "should I buy this equipment right now or risk going in another, more dangerous area and buy stronger weapons in another city?" Dragon Quest 1, Final Fantasy 1, Earthbound Beginnings are like that too.

There is the awesome 80s anime sci-fi theme also, which is a huge plus. Alis, the protagonist, must be one of the first female badasses in gaming, but not a try hard. Just a sweet and brave girl who wants to avenge the death of his brother. Obviously it is not Dostoievski but it works to give a context to the game.

Shai-Tan

Banned
State of Decay 2 - it's ok I guess. one of the Xbox Game Pass PC games

Gloomhaven - based on the board game. without a tutorial yet I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'll probably go back to playing Divinity Original Sin until a bunch more updates occur

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - I waited a long time to play this with RTX. It's a mixed bag I guess. The game is gorgeous (with and without RTX). The story and characters are even less interesting than Rise and there is very little narrative flow connecting the areas or plot. And so far at least combat is pointlessly easy. But he challenge tombs are good ish

edit: also finally finished Metro Exodus last weekend. The last few areas were a lot less polished than the first few. Without the (sometimes) good graphics it's a merely decent shooter.

Last edited:

Kuramu

I just finished Celeste on Switch. Great game; excellent test of skill, yet i never got frustrated.

Just started Blaster Master Zero 2. So far enjoying it

data_jack

Through the amazing-ness of GamePass, I am finally playing Banjo Kazooie through the Rare Replay. I anticipate to finish it, because all the gameplay videos I've seen since I was like 9 have shown some tight platforming and adventuring gameplay.

Top Bottom