• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I think I'm on the last stretch on Astral Chain. The boss fight against Akira Unchained was supposed to be an epic moment but it was ruined by that godawful song they played. Complete misfire.

Gonna play through it with the female character next. This game has a lot more to give, feels like I barely scraped the surface yet. But as it stands, it's GOTY 2019 together with Sekiro for me.

drganon

Taking a break from control. I got pissed off and had to quit playing or I was going to chuck my controller. Now I'm alternating between tales of zestiria and xenoblade chronicles 2.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Completed the first campaign in Astral Chain. Easily one of the best games on Switch, if not the best. Gorgeous to look at, super fun combat system and general gameplay and a great OST (except those cheesy pop songs that randomly appeared).

Astral Chain felt fresh and innovative, it had that sweet next gen feel to it and it totally justifies the purchase of Switch. It's easy to learn but hard to master, as with many of Ps games. The story and dialogue was a bit weak, but the back drop with you playing as a cop and investigating different cases, talking to people and find hidden clues was fun and a nice change of pace to counter the crazy combat.

Switch continues to deliver with its exclusives, I've had a ton of fun with the library of games on offer so far. And Astral Chain is that beautiful cherry on the top of it all. I hope this game turns in to a franchise.

xrnzaaas

I've started replaying Deus Ex Mankind Divided and I'm pretty surprised by how well the (base) PS4 version is performing. The game itself is still awesome, I actually enjoy it more than the first time I was playing it. Maybe my standards changed or maybe I remember less from Human Revolution which I consider the superior one, but haven't replayed in years. :)

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Booted up Spider-man and damn, it feels good to swing through NYC. Looks so pretty. It's like they took the good parts out of Prototype and slapped Spiderman on it. I hope you get to shoot web at some cool villains. But the Ubi-template on the overworld? Ehh...

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
A couple of hours in on Spiderman and... it's not that great. It's basically Arkham with Spidey. Combat is similar, the moves, everything feel like it plays as Batman. Also not a fan of these open world collectathons and opening up the map with towers.

But it's damn fun to swing through the city and checking out the landmarks. I've never been in New York but I would love to visit sometime. I guess this is the next best thing because the graphics are stellar, especially at night. It's almost like you're there. Almost.

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

Two on the go at the moment.

The Sinking City - Interesting graphics, intriguing story, good detective play. It’s a shame the character zooms around like Sonic and the combat is like fighting the predator with a potato.

AC Odyssey - loving it so far. I look forward to completing it in a couple of decades.

Scotty W

I am in Japan right now, and yesterday I found a copy of Metroid for the gameboy advance for about 14$ US. I had just enough Katakana that I could figure out the writing on the cartridge: Me To Ro I Do. Of course, I still triple checked even after that, with a nearby copy of Zero Mission and Fusion. Zero Mission was way overpriced, unfortunately, otherwise I would have bought it. I need that extra cash to spend on rice balls. Anyhow, the game is cool so far. I am just hoping that I will get the ability to crouch and shoot soon.

IKSTUGA

Bloodborne and Final Fantasy 15. Bloodborne has been amazing so far, it's like Symphony of the Night but in 3D. The difficulty level has also been just perfect, not too hard, but definitely not a cakewalk either.

I have very mixed feelings about FF15. I really like the story, music and visuals, but combat feels a bit off. Side stuff hasn't been too impressive either. Also, why can't I hire that Dragoon with big tits??? She would be such a great addition to my boy band.

Edit: Oops almost forgot, on the side I'm also playing a bunch of fighting games (pretty lively local scene). Mostly Street Fighter V, Guilty Gear Rev. 2 and Dragon Ball Fighterz. Sometimes I also play Third Strike at the local gaming bar.

Last edited:
Just picked up a new PC (2080 Ti & 9900k) and man have I been missing out. Trying to go back and revisit all the games I felt were lacking in performance/visuals on my consoles. Currently really enjoying the following games:

- X4 Foundations (everything I want Star Citizen to be right now)
- FFXIV (just started after dropping it years ago)
- Detroit become human (looks utterly stunning)
- DayZ (game is pretty brilliant with incredible amount of depth)

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Booted up Spider-man and damn, it feels good to swing through NYC. Looks so pretty. It's like they took the good parts out of Prototype and slapped Spiderman on it. I hope you get to shoot web at some cool villains. But the Ubi-template on the overworld? Ehh...

Love that game so much! The combat get's better and better the more you play because of unlockable abilities and combos. Plus all of Spidey's unlockable suits which have special abilities, there's just so much variety in this game. Spider-Man is definitely a game you are rewarded for playing!

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Love that game so much! The combat get's better and better the more you play because of unlockable abilities and combos. Plus all of Spidey's unlockable suits which have special abilities, there's just so much variety in this game. Spider-Man is definitely a game you are rewarded for playing

I'm not really feeling it to be honest. I've done 35% of the campaign so far and it's kinda dull. The novelty of swinging through the city and beating up bad guys wears out fast and the side stuff feels repetitive and uninspired.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
I'm not really feeling it to be honest. I've done 35% of the campaign so far and it's kinda dull. The novelty of swinging through the city and beating up bad guys wears out fast and the side stuff feels repetitive and uninspired.

Fair enough. Yeah, I definitely wouldn't focus on side missions if it's wearing on you. They are repetitive... and I remember playing them just for Peter's humorous quips. On more than one occasion he remarks how ridiculous some of the side missions are which I found really entertaining :)

GymWolf

Monster hunter world + iceborne on pc.

Already played the vanilla game a lot on console but 60 frame without blurry shit is a gift from heaven.

Add me on your friend list if you wann play together sometime, the tag is gymwolf86.

If your username is different from the one on the forum maybe write a little message to let me know where you come from.

Right now i'm fighting the pink rathian, level 11 if i remember well.

Last edited:

Rodolink

Started again for the 99999 time Chrono Trigger to see if I can finish it for once. 😤

Also playing along KH 3 , the Frozen world was pretty boring. Now in the Caribbean fckn amazing graphics.

Slay the Spire added a new character, The Watcher, and implemented a buncha changes too. That was a nice surprise when I booted it up for a daily run.
The Watcher plays VASTLY different from the other 3, she's a lot of fun.

I'm playing Skyrim SE with mods. Only issue I have is the armor is kinda ugly to me. Mods are either cringe looking or not really cool looking.

Terenty

Beat Doom 3 coop with a friend. I couldnt run it back 2004, but man, is this game amazing. One of the best coop experiences ever. The atmosphere, art design, pacing everything is top quality.

The graphics - bump mapping and shadows look impressive even now.

Highly recommend if you are looking for a coop experience. As a single its great too

Hostile_18

Banned
Beat Doom 3 coop with a friend. I couldnt run it back 2004, but man, is this game amazing. One of the best coop experiences ever. The atmosphere, art design, pacing everything is top quality.

The graphics - bump mapping and shadows look impressive even now.

Highly recommend if you are looking for a coop experience. As a single its great too

Is it split screen or online only? :)

Corrik

finished Spiderman (PS4) a few day ago. I was bored with it by the end, skipping the last stage of challenges. I'm guessing they expected that since I got all my skills by that point. The boss fights were lackluster but combat was otherwise a pretty good improvement over the Batman games it's copying.

currently playing Jedi Fallen order and so far it's meh. maybe that's because I'm also playing Devil May Cry 5
I am currently playing Spider-Man and am about 90% complete, and I feel it is pretty awesome. I will be platting it up this weekend for sure.

Last edited:

Shakka43

Finished Alan Wake, pretty good and atmospheric game.
Now playing Bloodstained: RotN(almost done with it), Alien Breed Impact and Super Metroid with widescreen patch.

memphisba

Resident Evil 2 - Not bad.
Titanfall 2 - Real good and intense.
COD: Zombies - Good old fun in map" Five"
Valkyria chronicles 4 - Same same? nothing much has changed except for graphics?

Virex

Banned
Bloodstained - Ritual Of The Night again. Finished it a few months ago and replaying it now and cleaning up for the platinum trophy.

P.S. It's a pretty easy platinum as well.

xrnzaaas

I tried Darkwood last night and I feel like it's going to be a game where reading some starting tips guide will be very helpful. I already made tons of mistakes (yes I run too much ;)) so might as well restart it. I love the atmosphere though. :)

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
King's Bounty Crossworlds GOTY - highly recommended if you like RPGs like Heroes of Might & Magic and you want a more "modern" one. Good writing with humor, gameplay holds up very well: straightforward with no painful micromanagement, and yet more tactical and more balanced than Heroes. You can buy it The Legend and Crossworlds GOTY for like 4 euro combined on GOG right now.

Pathologic 2 - Just started, i loved the first one back in the days. It's a truly special game with a unique story and atmosphere, I'm already very impressed by the graphics. It looks incredibly modern given the indie-size studio.

Dragon Quest XI S - I haven't played it in more than a week, last time i was at the Academy (i won't spoil it cause that was a cool moment) doing subquests. I'm liking it so far.

Tetris 99 - primarily for the daily tickets, on my way to 100% it.

ChuyMasta

Witcher III.
Easiest difficulty.
So many things going on. I'm barely understanding melee+ magic combat.

It took me 5+ hours to clear the first area. White Orchard?
I like the game and I'll continue playing it, but it feels overwhelming.

When it was to much, I played Kirby Clash with my kiddo and oh man, It felt great doing some mindless hacking and slashing.

ohh and Ring fit Adventure. It can be brutal in the later levels.

I'm proudly rocking day 30 baby!!

xrnzaaas

Witcher III.
Easiest difficulty.
So many things going on. I'm barely understanding melee+ magic combat.

It took me 5+ hours to clear the first area. White Orchard?
I like the game and I'll continue playing it, but it feels overwhelming.

When it was to much, I played Kirby Clash with my kiddo and oh man, It felt great doing some mindless hacking and slashing.

ohh and Ring fit Adventure. It can be brutal in the later levels.

I'm proudly rocking day 30 baby!!
The combat isn't as deep as many people think and it should be very forgiving on lower difficulties. You can start each fight with the Quen sign to give Geralt a one hit protection or look upthe codex to see what sign(s) to use against a specific enemy you're facing. It's best to center the camera on the opponent, wait for him to make a move, dodge his attack and hit him. If you do end up getting hit just move back for a moment and reactivate Quen.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
50% in the campaign of Spider-man and I decided to take a break. It's decent so far, but pretty overrated as far as I'm concerned.

I cleaned up some of the post-missions in Astral Chain and some of them were hard as shit. I did not expect such a difficulty bump. But in the end I'd rather do a new play through with the other character. Doing challenges becomes pretty repetitive.

I also booted up Sundered: Eldritch Edition and it looks awesome. Handdrawn graphics, ambient soundtrack, Lovecraft-inspired story, cool combat. So far it's great. I hope it turns out to be a surprise hit, like The Sinking City.

HeZ9X3e.png

Blood fresh supply

I got Rayman Origins from GOG for like 6 bucks, so I'm currently installing it...which is pretty neat considering I traded in my Vita copy along with the Vita itself so now I finally have the game once more, in glorious DRM free form!

KOMANI

KOMANI
Just finished Death Stranding. Going to head back to Fight Night Round 4. Got 2 more months before the servers are dead. Will be continuing to learn to speedrun MGS2 now that DS is done. Thinking about either revisiting God of War (PS4) or Suikoden 2.

Kadayi

Banned
I fired up Yakuza 0 which was gifted to me a while back by strange headache strange headache IIRC. Took me a little while to get a handle on matters (lack of a rotating mini-map or the ability to put down markers, and having to use phoneboxes to save was kind of confusing), however, once I figured out that going route one on the story wasn't as key as wandering around the district and twatting the shit out of idiots, pawning loot and levelling up my combat skills, things started to make a bit more sense. With that said, even playing on easy (beat em ups aren't my scene) the mini-games are beyond me . The dancing, in particular, is annoying because of the need to not only hit the marker in time but also try and pack in as many moves as possible beforehand. Still, I dare say like Fightclub I'll get the hang of it all eventually. Side missions have been pretty hilarious. Good times so far, only in Chapter 2 though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom