• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game(s) are you most looking forward to next month? May 2017 Edition

mjc

I'm waiting on reviews for Prey, I'll probably pick it up later anyways.

But Disgaea 5 on the Switch is looking to be it for me. And that's probably it until like August when Mordor comes out.

brawly

I'll probably give The Surge a shot. I wonder how Strafe plays with a controller. Rime I'll wait for reviews.

Would DEFINITELY recommend checking out the Prey demos (out on both xbox and PS4) if you are interested in the game, I had it on pre order at a great price ($37 with best buy $25 visa promo) and cancelled after an hour of playing. I love System Shock, platinum'd and loved Dishonored 2 last year, and just could not get into Prey at all. Some technical flaws with controls, huge problems with audio, visuals that felt off in many ways, long-ish load times for saves, and constant jump scares from the monster system left me not wanting to play at all.

Have Fire Emblem limited on pre order but since i haven't even opened the last one doubt I'll get around to it. Looks like it'll be a month to catch up on Yakuza 0 and Kingdom Hearts. I do look forward a lot to the Forza Horizon 3 DLC, I love hotwheels and still play FH3 weekly during forzathon.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
Summon Night 6
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada
Operation Babel

Gonna be a good end of month for me. I will justify all of these by saying they are birthday presents to myself.

Ikon

Eh. I haven't bought a single game released in 2017 and I can promise you nothing in this weak lineup will be the first.

swarley64

Zelda's keeping me pretty busy, but I don't think I can resist getting Strafe this month. Prey looks awesome but I can wait a little bit (I haven't even finished Dishonored 2 yet). Everspace and Rime look alright, but I'm waiting on reviews first.

Hollow Knight on Switch doesn't have a date yet, but it's actively the next platform release from the developers, and given how quickly a lot of indie software has been turned around for the system (and how short the notice has typically been for final release dates) I'm hopeful for a release in May or early June. It's the only surefire day-one purchase for me between now and E3, should it arrive in that window.

I'd like to pick up Fire Emblem Echoes in case the physical copy goes out of print quickly (you never know with Fire Emblem in the post-Awakening environment), but honestly, I'll be lucky to get to it by the end of the year; I'm not even through with all of the Fates campaigns yet, and where my 3DS is concerned I still have Bravely Second sitting around unplayed. Likewise, Disgaea 5 interests me, but I just won't have the time for it if it's as hefty an experience as people say, so I'm fine with holding off on it for now.

Ultra Street Fighter II will eventually be a necessity on my Switch, but Capcom has set a clear precedent for steep digital sales on the eShop, so I'll wait. The initial cost of entry is too high.

AudioEppa

Hopefully episode 5 of TWD season 3 comes out. That's all I'm really looking forward to. Anything else is backlog stuff.

mazillion

3 Switch games:

Shakedown Hawaii was supposed to release this month but I am hopeful it'll come out in May.

I snagged RiME for a low price due to an Amazon pricing error, looks right up my alley.

NBA Playgrounds. A week before this was announced I got back into NBA Street vol 2 on a nostalgia trip. Their announcement timing was perfect because I'd have probably ignored this otherwise. I usually never play sports games but the arcadey ones are great and they seem kind of rare now. If Playgrounds is anything like Street Vol 2, then I think i'll have a lot of fun with it on Switch.

Nameless

Nothing for me unless GAF can convince me on The Surge or Rime. Otherwise I plan to catch up on Nier:Automata and Little Nightmares.

Briarios

In order:
Far Point
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Fire Emblem

Cautiously optimistic about Danger Zone

This year is so stacked with games, it's crazy ...

Floody

Interested in seeing how Prey and Rime turn out, though doubt I'll play either in May. Will probably get around to NiOh.

I'm interested in Dreamfall Chapters, Victor Vran & The Surge, won't be getting them at launch though.
Prey also looks cool but I'm not too sure about it yet.
Far point & Star Trek are on my radar if/when I get PSVR

I'll probably just be playing Yooka Laylee & something from the backlog next month

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Only Rime I think. Prey maybe, if the impressions are good. All the other time is reserved to go balls deep back into Nioh. Not for the dlc, but to pick up where I left off months ago.

Bsigg12

Forza Horizon 3 Hotwheels and that's probably it. Gonna be a good month to chip on backlog and finish things like Persona 5 and Gears 4.

Tesser

Nothing for me unless GAF can convince me on The Surge...

Having played/previewed the game, it has potential. Won't stop people simply branding it a Souls clone, but to fit the "your next Action RPG" role, it definitely has a few things going for it.

Rime should be the kind of game I look forward to but having played a bit of it at GDC, it feels rather "OK" at best. Hopefully the puzzles and all-round design/aesthetic get better as it progresses, but I can see Rime/RIME/RimE? getting 6-7/10 scores.

mindsale

I'll definitely wait on reviews for Prey's post-launch embargo (those absolutely hurt Dishonored 2).

Maybe grab Rime and Street Fighter and Fire Emblem, not in any rush though.

Jaraghan

I've never played a fighting game in my life, because that genre never really interested me. But for some reason I want to pick up Injustice 2. I've been watching gameplay vids and it looks like a lot of fun.

Prey too.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

May 16th.

First person sci-fi dungeon crawler, been in development for a hot minute but it's finally coming out.

Zasa

I'm looking forward to nabbing a couple of nice $5 pick-ups from whatever is in PSN's next flash sale. #BudgetConscious

Sillverrr

I will wait on reviews for Prey, because whilst Arkane is a very talented studio, I am not spending money on a bad port.

Looks like a good month, but we're so spoiled for riches these days, you could say that about practically every month.

mas8705

Only game I'm looking at for the moment would be Injustice 2. Might hold out on Prey and maybe rent it, and Friday the 13th is on the edge of winning me over. Would love to try out the Hot Wheels expansion, but I need to get Forza 3 first.

18-Volt

Fire Emblem Echoes
The Caligula Effect
Utawarerumono The Mask of Deception
Summon Night 6
Operation Babel
Ys Origin (for Vita)
Disgaea 5
Ultra Street Fighter II

Maybe:
Trails in the Sky 3rd
Injustice (too bad it's not coming out for Switch, this would have been perfect night shift game for me)

cyba89

Forza Hot Wheels DLC looks like lots of fun.
Also Fire Emblem Echoes.
Maybe LocoRoco.

Rime is a "Wait for reviews"-title
With Prey I will wait for a sale.

StarPhlox

Ultra Street Fighter II is a definite.

Cautiously optimistic about The Surge.

Gonna pass on Prey at launch because of that dreadful demo. Yeesh.

Very busy month for me, I've got:
Fire Emblem Echoes
Summon Night 6
Akiba's Beat
Uwatarerumono
Disgaea 5 Complete
Strafe
Prey

And maybe Caligula Effect

Blobbers

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd

I recommend everyone to try the series out. The games are the Witcher 3 of JRPGs in terms of writing and meaningful sidequests

Kaztinka

Finishing the backlog of games I have
Nier Automata, Nioh, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls 3 DLC, and maybe Yakuza 0
but I am lookin' forward to Injustice 2 (I just hope they don't fuck the story up like MKX)

Top Bottom