• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games would make you happy if they get ever get remastered/remake?

Knightime_X

d3vUy96.png

Holammer

Simpsons Hit and Run
Guardian Heroes with the HD scaling trick they used for the Samurai Shodown collection.
Link to the Past with the same art direction Link's Awakening remake had.

Tried to think of some arcade games, but those were basically always at the peak of possible audio and video quality at the time, so they usually still hold up.
Maybe Chase HQ? "Let's Go Mr. Driver!"

killatopak

Xenogears. It’s like almost impossible to do when looking at the circumstances. It also had so much potential that a remake would absolutely make it better by just finishing the story and not even touching graphics or gameplay.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Soul Sacrifice on PSVITA

soul-sacrifice-delta-cover.cover_large.jpg

I would do almost anything for a remake/remaster at this point. I'm so desperate. I love magic combat, and this fulfilled my magical itch. It was so fun to play with others and strategize. You really felt powerful. Best Monster Hunter Clone along with Freedom Wars which I would also love a remake/remaster of. These titles deserved a lot more and would be great multiplayer games for PlayStation. I may have to sacrifice my soul at this point.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I want several games, but my top one is Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I just wanna play that in flawless high resolution.

Pejo

Probably nothing. Modern devs and publishers would just ruin anything I would potentially want with microtransactions, woke-ifying it, soulless outsourced assets, etc.

Only time I would want a remake/remaster is when the original creators are heavily involved and the publisher is mostly hands off.

Preferably remakes

Soul Reaver
FF 9
FF 10
Hexen/Heretic
Quake
Legend of Dragoon
Sacrifice
Black and White
Dungeon Keeper
Dino Crisis
Onimusha
Dark Souls 1 in Demon's Souls engine.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
The Last Story(unlikely)
Resident Evil Code Veronica

We actually been doing fine when it comes to remasters/remakes imo

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

Watchdogs. At this point I’m disgusted with open world games littered with points of interest. BUT Watchdogs gets a pass. I’d love to return to Chicago with up to date graphics. The side quest were engaging and interesting. Hacking to spy on people in their apartments and the random shit they’d be doing. Combat and driving that out GTA to shame. And a dark story/tone that fits the action.

It was all downhill after the original unfortunately 😔

Bloodborne remaster seems like easy, quick money for Sony. 4k resolution, 60/120fps modes, and the ability to turn off chromatic aberration would be all I would ask for. Considering all that hackers have been able to pull of working mostly solo, you would think Sony could put together a team of 5 or 10 people, who could pull this off in less than a month and then sell it for like $30 for a new purchase, or $10 for an upgrade for existing owners.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Zelda: OOT
Extreme G
F-Zero
Mario 64
Halo 3
Quake 1
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Smash TV
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Requiem Avenging Angel
Rune
I'd like to see a modern Smash TV. I love that game. A remaster or remake of the Eugene Jarvis twin stick shooters would be absolutely amazing. Robotron 2084, Smash TV, Total Carnage and Nex Machina in a collection is chefs kiss to imagine. I'd even be ok if it was done by Housemarque and was PS exclusive.

I'd like to see a modern Smash TV. I love that game. A remaster or remake of the Eugene Jarvis twin stick shooters would be absolutely amazing. Robotron 2084, Smash TV, Total Carnage and Nex Machina in a collection is chefs kiss to imagine. I'd even be ok if it was done by Housemarque and was PS exclusive.
If it ended up on PC I’d be happy.

nashman

Sony needs to wake up and do any of

SOCOM
Resistance or
Killzone.

Instead they buy Bungie a think welp were good for First Party shooters. FPS and even TPS are never going to die they will always be a major selling Genre. They are sitting on a goldmine but want to make a half dozen "narritive 3rd person action games" instead. Too much of that and fatigue will set in. Get the shooters revived now to deversify!

Too many to list so I'll limit myself to 10.

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IX
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Single player, Coop and Versus modes)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Resident Evil 1 (with Resident Evil 2/4 remake's treatment)
Crystalis
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Lost Odyssey

hinch7

Since FFIX remake is all but confirmed (Geforce leak is pretty spot on), I wouldn't mind to see a FFVIII remake. That and FFVI, remade in full 3D. Keep everything else the same, and not a redo not like FFVII R plus maybe some more like an epilogue. And include any cut scenes or material that didn't make it into the originals.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
F.E.A.R. so that it can take proper advantage of modern hardware and displays.
Reinstalled recently and discovered that the font doesn't scale too well at all even on my 1440p monitor.
PCgamingwiki does have a mod to get around that though.

Last edited:

MAtgS

I would like a Star Fox Adventures remake that's closer to the original Dinosaur Planet. Fully playable Krystal (and perhaps Sabre too), and the original plot restored.

Dazraell

Black and White with Creature Isle expansion. They were delisted from sales and unavailable otherwise and honestly deserve a proper remake or remaster

Hexen / Heretic remastered in a similar manner as recent Quake II Remastered

Star Wars Episode I Racer could really use a proper remake. I'm genuinely surprised that we never got one from EA

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Medieval 2: Total War

We're not getting Med 3, so this is the best we can hope for. The Rome remaster was actually really decent, so hoping Med 2 gets the same treatment.

Dino Crisis

It's extraordinary that Capcom haven't remade this game yet. The RE remakes have been hugely successful and this is RE with dinosaurs! I refuse to believe it would be anything but a huge success.

Dragon Age: Origins. (Maybe DA2 as well)

The best DA game and one that absolutely deserves a remaster before DA4 drops. A double remake with DA2 like Mass Effect Legendary Edition needs to happen!

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (including all expansions)

Easily one of the best RTS games ever made. Absolutely up there with Star Craft and Total Annihilation. Next year is the 20th anniversary and there would be no better time for a remaster.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Armored Core IV and V
Definitely want to see that especially after the success of ACVI, theses games need second chance similar how Nier Replicant got second chance after success of Automata.

Siren: Blood Curse
This also good one, it was damn intense game. The performance was little rough, especially when see from enemy’s perspective.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I'd love remasters of FarCry 2, 3 & 4.
Would love to see full remakes of Skyrim and Fallout 4 put into a totally new engine. I'm a dreamer.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Dante's Inferno
Motor Storm
Onimusha
Dead Space 2 / 3 without the co-op
Puppeteer
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Dino Crisis
SIlent Hill
Burn Out 2 or 3
Legacy of Kain

StueyDuck

Warhawk ps3

Timesplitters 2 (or a timesplitters collection would be better)

Most of the PS3 library actually.

Resistance series,
Motorstorm series,
Folklore,
Killzone,
Infamous,
Etc...

Oh and of course Haze 🤣(this one's a joke)

Last edited:

poodaddy

Metal Gear 1 and 2 deserve full remakes. They haven't aged well, and it's nuts to me that MGS3 is getting a remake when the literal 80's games are sitting there being ignored.

Top Bottom