• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What gift(s) are you getting your SO for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexMogil

I just got her an iPad Air 2. It's her first iPad.

Additionally I hope she doesn't break it. She keeps her backups in a heart shaped flash drive around her neck.

Probably pokemon AS, she really loves those games, I'm open for suggestions though. She loves Spyro, Pokemon, horses, holiday wimsy things, and most cartoons. Her favorite game series us the legend of Zelda.

Boyfriend is getting a Wii U. I already told him though because I didn't want him to go out and buy one for himself.
My wife (then fiance) did that for me two years ago, on launch day. The night before, we were both like, "Uh...yeah. So I have something to do in the morning. See you in the afternoon." I ended up getting the regular one, and she got the deluxe, so we returned mine.

I was also going to surprise her with an Amazon Echo this year, but when it got announced, she was all, "You'd better not buy that."

Tuvoc

Last year I got her a set of UGG Gloves.This year I'm getting her one of the newest Samsung Galaxy tablets. So at this rate I'll be buying her a new Mercedes for Christmas in a few years, lol.

She's getting me an XBone, and she lets me put it in her butt. So I can't complain :)

EYEL1NER

For the past two years she wanted some Gucci bag for Christmas and I kept putting off getting one. Now she stepped her game up and has some LV bag that she wants instead. I figure I'll probably get it since I slept on the getting the other one she wanted. I'll probably also get her a bottle of D&G Light Blue and some case she wants for her 6+ and be done with the holiday.

FOOTE

Makeup, she's already told me which out of Sephora :/

:lol

I knew it was coming.
:)

Magwik

Banned
I got her Ocaraina of Time 3D and an adorable Yoshi plush since she really doesn't want me spending a decent amount of money on her since it's fairly early into things.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
a pair of Stuart Weitzman sandals (which look incredibly sexy, and thank god she has nice feet and ankles) and Alexander McQueen Puma Union Jack leather sneakers, which look awesome...heck I could wear them if they weren't so tiny

Belle Amour

Neo Member
For the secret Santa, I'd say you Can't go wring with a mani/pedi gift certificate. If she don't like it, she can always regift it herself worse case scenario

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
The Groot is almost done:

B5Y0tXPCYAAHzGW.jpg

B5ZG0m8CcAArSAy.jpg

Looks great. I told my GF about it and she's determined to make one, but I don't think she's ever really worked with clay.

I think I'm all finished with shopping so far. The results:

6-pod AeroGarden
Hyrule Historia
Hyrule map puzzle
Legend of Zelda animated series DVD
Funko Pop Dancing Groot and Rocket Raccoon bobblehead
Ukulele tuner
Stocking full of nice chocolates and various ginger candies
12 oz of honey tincture

Apt101

Well, I wouldn't call her my SO because I am 99% positive this isn't an exclusive relationship, but I got her a Nvidia Shield tablet. She's a broke recently-graduated college student and appeared to really, really want one. My friend told me I am a complete idiot for spending more than $20 on this girl, but hey, my shopping list was small this year.

Like usual, I'm not getting her anything for Xmas. By coincidence, I did order her an HP Stream 7 and all the fixins' yesterday, but the holiday had nothing to do with it.

My GF and I have been going hard at the Pokemon grind the last month or so, and since she just finished Black I got her a 3DS and Pokemon X.

She still has a bunch of her old SNES cartridges. Should've seen her eyes light up when I gave her this:

retron_2_grey.jpg

We don't wait for Christmas because we aren't religious and also don't care about the whole tradition thing, so she got it today.

I have to do Secret Santa for someone I barely know. The limit is $60. Its a girl.

Any idea?? :D What a pain.

Do you know anything about her? Does she drink? Experience-type gifts are always fun (like wine tasting). Or maybe a Gold Class Cinema or iPic voucher? A luxury cinema experience is pretty cool and would work for most people and there are these kinds of fancy dine in/drink theaters everywhere these days.

http://www.regententertainment.com.au/Page/Gold-Class

https://www.ipictheaters.com/showtimes-and-tickets.aspx

For the secret Santa, I'd say you Can't go wring with a mani/pedi gift certificate. If she don't like it, she can always regift it herself worse case scenario

You can go really wrong with a mani/pedi. That toes the line of very girly-girly which isn't the thing for a lot of people. I know I'd hate to get something like that. ^_^

Looks great. I told my GF about it and she's determined to make one, but I don't think she's ever really worked with clay.

I think I'm all finished with shopping so far. The results:

6-pod AeroGarden
Hyrule Historia
Hyrule map puzzle
Legend of Zelda animated series DVD
Funko Pop Dancing Groot and Rocket Raccoon bobblehead
Ukulele tuner
Stocking full of nice chocolates and various ginger candies
12 oz of honey tincture

Thanks! It wasn't too hard, to be honest. The only tough part was putting it together because anything you do squishes the shape of the clay so you kind of have to overcompensate first (make everything bulky) or else you'll lose the fine details when you're assembling it. If she needs any tips, I'd be happy to help.

Your gift list looks pretty sweet too, btw. A nice spread of nerdly awesome and tasty treats*. :)

What is honey tincture? <--- sounds intriguing.

Mr. Hanky the Christmas root.

Amazing job by the way. :D

Thanks, yo~ :D

Darren870

Do you know anything about her? Does she drink? Experience-type gifts are always fun (like wine tasting). Or maybe a Gold Class Cinema or iPic voucher? A luxury cinema experience is pretty cool and would work for most people and there are these kinds of fancy dine in/drink theaters everywhere these days.

http://www.regententertainment.com.au/Page/Gold-Class

https://www.ipictheaters.com/showtimes-and-tickets.aspx

You can go really wrong with a mani/pedi. That toes the line of very girly-girly which isn't the thing for a lot of people. I know I'd hate to get something like that. ^_^

Err I know a bit about her. She is the missus cousin so have met her a few times. She used to work at a bar and is recently engaged so drinking is up there. Fresh uni grad as well (psych). That's not a bad idea with the gold class though! Same with the wine tasting. Her partner is doing the SS too, so I guess he would get 2x gifts in that case.

Got one day to decide so feel free to throw out any others! :)

TheBear

Ended up getting her a Tiffany's bracelet, some pj's, a beach towel and a Zara gift card.

Kinda boring but she loves that stuff and that's all that counts I guess :)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
What is honey tincture? <--- sounds intriguing

Honey to make you feel funny.
Pot cooked into it.
She has endometriosis and my special peanut butter helps with the cramps, but she hates the taste. With this, she can just put some in her tea when it's that time. We don't smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom