• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened with Gametrailers and Sony lately ?

farnham

Banned
The point was that when Sony themselves didn't even bother providing a livestream of the Vita reveal you can hardly expect Gametrailers to apply the same level of focus as they are on the PS4. There is just a different level of hype out there when it comes to hanhelds vs. home consoles - regardless of what the psp sold vs ps3.

just out of curiosity, was it pre-announced that they will have no livestream ?

I remember a lot of hype with the NGP on neogaf and also in gameshops (well I was in Tokyo when it was announced mind you)

Stop right there, champ. Integrity is based on the piece or pieces written, not the overall breadth of coverage. I can write an MS blog that is 100% unbiased even though it only contains news/information about MS. The subject material doesn't dictate integrity.

yes I do agree with your notion.

The consumers dictate the content for websites/magazines. If more people want to hear about X over Y then that's what they do. Much like any other business. Something isn't selling? Why keep making it?

It's not being unfair or biased - it's maximizing your investment. In this case, maximizing clicks for those that do invest in the website.
yes i think I did not see that aspect when I was posting this and since some people explained the situation of the specific site in more detail i also did understand the reasoning behind it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This tread it touches the deepest insides of the fanatic mind XD

How is this acceptable or tolerable by any stretch? An user makes a topic blinded by bias with clearly second intentions. It completely explodes in his face and yet it has the nerve to continuing to reply vouching about integrity of its motifs.

By no means any personal animosity towards the topic creator but enough is enough already. I feel embarassment by association.

Yet carry on XD

Think of it like this: this thread will always exist. like a skeleton in the post history closet. except this is a skeleton that sings and dances when you open the closet door and gets right in your face yelling "REMEMBER ME!?"

so, there's that.

I don't think any kind of video was allowed. I remember in the early hours of the day when the event happened, all I could do was read the liveblog from Kotaku.

There was some kind of awful quality unofficial stream I think. I don't remember much of it.

Would have been funny if GT did a live special for that. Camera pointing at Geoff sitting at this desk, refreshing the the liveblogs and doing commentary over it.

This one on the other hand is atrocious.
Thats why it's so funny :D.

Oh well here is a quality classic then :(
iHMZrCLRMS3Q1.gif

Think of it like this: this thread will always exist. like a skeleton in the post history closet. except this is a skeleton that sings and dances when you open the closet door and gets right in your face yelling "REMEMBER ME!?"

so, there's that.
Yes, all the videogame console fanatics are a cut from the same cloth, what differentiates them is the situations in which they are. This cycle the Nintendo ones are the ones going through tuff times so far. We have had some goldmine Wii U topics so far XD

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
yes but they look like part of the PR machinery rather than an independent outlet tbh

LOL. All gaming sites are part of the PR machinery. That's how this industry works.

EDIT: Well, there ARE still sites like gamasutra, so it's not all just PR junk.

B.O.O.M

This thread is amazing :D Salty as hell

Btw Don't know if it was brought up but it's not just GT. A lot of sites are doing the same. Articles, videos, podcast segments you name it. It's just gamers and media are excited for this years Orbis/Durango reveals.

Seriously, if Nintendo had released a console that looks anything like next gen then they would have got the hype too. People that go to Game Trailers like graphics and the Wii U doesn't offer anything over and above what PS3/360 already do.

Don't be so bitter dude.

I feel the opposite. I feel gt and others have been overly excited and optimistic for other consoles than Sony hardware since the PS3. Always very critical and skeptical for anything Sony.

Kikujiro

Greatest meltdown of the year, don't know if it will be topped. I mean the OP is making something out of nothing just because he loves his corporation so much.

Editorials are the new norm for where game bloggers have no actual fucking information.
(well they don't want to be called journalists)

Raonak

Banned
because after 7 years, the first (powerful) next generation console is getring announced. people are legitimately excited. everyones onboard the hype train.

farnham

Banned
This thread is amazing :D Salty as hell

Btw Don't know if it was brought up but it's not just GT. A lot of sites are doing the same. Articles, videos, podcast segments you name it. It's just gamers and media are excited for this years Orbis/Durango reveals.

I dont know. i usually dont go to gaming sites anymore and just get opinions from neogaf. worked better than sticking to certain websites like I did in the past (i think back in 2001 it was gamespot for a while and then edge). i just got there today by chance (for looking up some onimusha dawn of dreams stuff) and found it to be peculiar and posted a thread without much thinking about it. maybe it is just a trend to do this kind of editorial and it has been like this for a long time. maybe its also just accepted practice. I dont agree with it but as it seems I am the only one.

LOL. All gaming sites are part of the PR machinery. That's how this industry works.
yes that is the premise that I had to accept before just posting a thread about it.
Damn, farnham got pretty salty over the NPD news it seems...

I fully expect them to do worse in february.

No I mean Nintendo. The WiiU has no games in february and is going to do even worse.

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

On topic, a lot has been said about journalistic integrity in the industry in the past few months (Doritogate, etc.) and of course you have a point. But this is not the right thread for it. Blaming GT for catering to the interests of their audience is delusional. GT has nothing to do with proper jounalism, just like most of the other outlets.

farnham

Banned
Ah, thanks for clarifying.

On topic, a lot has been said about journalistic integrity in the industry in the past few months (Doritogate, etc.) and of course you have a point. But this is not the right thread for it. Blaming GT for catering to the interests of their audience is delusional. GT has nothing to do with proper jounalism, just like most of the other outlets.

I think you are right. I havent followed the discussion as closely (only some banter about kotaku and a bit about doritos gate) but it looks like it was a topic already discussed to death at neogaf.

Izick

Is it just me, or does GT's videos keep ending like a few seconds in for some reason? I have to keep reloading the video and hoping it doesn't just end.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Post like this aren't helping either.

And you know what, screw it, this whole forum is becoming depressing. Countless stupid threads with the usual suspects trying to defend their favorite companies or attack others, the antagonist and condescending attitudes towards others in the NPD thread, the whole "next-gen" bullshit.

It's exhausting.

Word.

I was hoping the ''fanboy'' era had mostly dried out post 2010... new consoles always rile people up.

DBT85

Is it just me, or does GT's videos keep ending like a few seconds in for some reason? I have to keep reloading the video and hoping it doesn't just end.

Same here every time on different machines and different connections. I've given up. Don't have that problem on any other website.

Top Bottom