• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happens to GFWL when Xbox Live for 360 is retired

1-D_FTW

Just did a reformat and tried to launch it and it won't connect. I have never had a probelm with it befor and now nothing. I can't install Batman without it. fuck this noise

I think it was working yesterday. I reinstalled F1 2011 on Steam yesterday and had to enter in the stupid serial (even though this shit has already been entered and should be stored... but it never is) and GFWL was able to validate that. This is going to be a shitstorm if they take down servers and you're not allowed to install games.

Raxus

Halo 2 support was set to be shut down in January.

kWEepGX.png

Arkham Asylum, BioShock 2, Halo 2. Something is happening this month with the service.

Can you even play these games once the service goes down?

Poona

Just did a reformat and tried to launch it and it won't connect. I have never had a probelm with it befor and now nothing. I can't install Batman without it. fuck this noise

You got windows 8 64 bit?

I don't think even ms updated the client properly to work on windows 8. You need to do some copying of files into another folder to get it to work (well I did). If you do a search for 'batman arkham windows 8' on google you should find some fixes.

JDHarbs

GFWL is already dead.

*edit* Didn't Bioshock 2 recently get Steam Achievements? Also, Bioshock isn't a GFWL title.
Batman AA got Steam achievements recently as well. I'm starting to wonder if we can expect some kind of GFWL-removal patches in the future and what games might be having them.

*edit* someone beat me to it.

dani_dc

This is the title I would be most worried about if GFWL close down.

The game could still function offline, but a lot of its appeal is lost completely. I highly doubt Namco would care to update it either.

Considering how well the game seems to do during sales on both Amazon and Steam, they'd be stupid not to do something about it.

Unfortunately I do agree with you, they'll unlikely to do anything.

only games I have that used GFWL are Fable 3 and Dawn of War 2 and Where's Wally oh and a super cheap copy of Age of Empires 3 complete. If I can still play them if GFWL goes down, i'm good.

Top Bottom