• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

What is the best looking PlayStation console?

• Total voters

Kokoloko85

PS2. For its time it was different, didnt look like a traditional console but not in a cheesy way and it still looks good.
I loved the PS1 too because of its classic look.
PS4 was decent too, went well with other colours

Last edited:

nial

actual, objective ranking:
1.- PS4
2.- PS4 Slim
3.- PSOne
4.- PS2
5.- PS1
6.- PS4 Pro
7.- PSX
8.- PS2 Slim
9.- PS2 Super Slim
10.- PS3
11.- PS3 Slim
12.- PS5 Digital
13.- PS5 Disc
14.- PS3 Super Slim
15.- PSTV

PS3 launch model. With the chrome trim, one of the most premium feeling products i've ever bought.

That og model was packed and future proof at the time. HDMI, blu ray, built in WiFi, memory card slots, full BC with both PS1 and PS2. Sony literally threw everything in there. It was quickly stripped back to reduce costs. I do remember how premium it felt.

Last edited:

Fbh

I really liked the OG Ps4:
i

The glossy black part did attract dust and scratches like crazy but just visually it's the nicest one IMO.

Ugliest one by far is the Ps3 Super Slim. Pictures actually do it too much justice, that thing looked and felt like some cheap off brand DVD player.

Last edited:

Unknown?

OG PS2 IMO. Was ahead of its time back when everything else looked like a toy. PS2 looked like a slim computer.

MiguelItUp

I loved the PS2 as it was such a broad evolution from the PS1.

But I really loved the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. Just very straight forward, and simplistic.

The PS5 is by far my least favorite, the fat boy PS3 is right on the heels of it. God that Spider-Man font, lmao.

Banned
This one looked soooo nice, I really don't know what happened to their Series consoles.

powerhungry parts happened :/

I mean look at what a monster the PS5 is, MS just chose the smallest form factor they could cram that hardware into I guess

I really liked the design of the PS4 and, especially, the PS4 Pro although the noisy fans in both machines really spoilt the aesthetic. The PS5 is... interesting... in terms of design but too big and bulky. They could have trimmed off the fins on the outer shell and gone for a more symmetrical boxy look for the console and reduced its size without ruining the overall look in my opinion. The launch PS3 was nice but that shiny glossy plastic finish was a nightmare to keep free of fingerprints and especially scratches. The matte redesigns were better but they removed ports and PS1 hardware support in doing so the original was still the best one to own in my opinion if you were lucky enough to own one that still worked. Hated the look of the PS2 with its bland, boxy design and, controversially, it is my least favourite Sony console (I thought the original Xbox was a far superior machine) but the original PSone was quite neat.

Best Sony console design though was the PSVita. I loved the machine with its OLED screen. Shame it was again shiny black plastic which made it a fingerprint magnet. I actually got so annoyed by it that I wore gloves when I used it!

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
why would you think that? I only have the crazy console warriors on ignore... the ones where it stopped being funny

You mentioned hating having a friend that's into conspiracies and yeah I'm posting a lot of weird stuff lately.

Anyways.

I like Series S because it not layered.

If it was black... dayum. Sounds like my imaginary girlfriend.

Have to say I love most consoles.

Last edited:

Banned
You mentioned hating having a friend that's into conspiracies and yeah I'm posting a lot of weird stuff lately.

I still hang out with that friend... so you see I'm a very tolerant person... doesn't mean I don't make fun of him or anyone else that's way too much into that stuff tho :p

Anyways.

I like Series S because it not layered.

I love layered consoles, gives it something that breaks up the lines a bit

nial

powerhungry parts happened :/

I mean look at what a monster the PS5 is, MS just chose the smallest form factor they could cram that hardware into I guess
I hate that all consoles this generation are so ugly to look at (including the Switch dock lol). In my opinion, the 8th gen had some of the most pretty consoles, from all the PS4 models, to the Xbox One S/X and the white Wii U.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
The original Playstation by a mile. The rest of them are the ugliest most pretentious looking slabs of shite I've ever had the misfortune to have under my TV.

original.1024x872!m.png

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I still hang out with that friend... so you see I'm a very tolerant person... doesn't mean I don't make fun of him or anyone else that's way too much into that stuff tho :p

I love layered consoles, gives it something that breaks up the lines a bit

Haha noted!

Yeah I can see that. Luckily both exist <3

Only correct answer

Here we go. Bro what's your favorite type of coffee?

There's only one correct answer

Tired Season 1 GIF by Now Apocalypse

Still the OG PSX.

I love the PS2 Slim and it was damn near wizardry when it came out, but it is honestly almost TOO small. Connect controllers and memory cards and it gets messy quick because they take up so much of it (even worse with a USB stick), and the fact that it is asymmetrical in design (which is normally love) doesn't help. Whereas the original PSX with controllers and cards is symmetrical and balanced size wise.

I've never had the Slim set up vertically though, maybe I should try that and see how it looks.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Love the PS2 design. I have my consoles behind my tv so I never see them. So it makes me giggle everytime I see the PS5. It always reminds me of some 80s douchebag with his collar popped. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

popped-collars-3.jpg

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The PS2 Slim is the most fascinating one. That thing is so damn slim. All that power (for the time) in almost no volume.

reinking

Gold Member
I had the white PS4 and loved it but IMO the PSOne with the screen added on is too awesome to not vote PSone. It just went together so well.

AGRacing

OG PS2.

NOBODY did it better.
It's not the best looking PlayStation. It's the best looking console - ever.

freefornow

PS2 fat.
Still remember launch day and bringing that magnificent peice of hardware home.
Curves on consoles can go and lick a dead snakes dick!

Synless

Original PS2 was a design from the gods when it released. that blue green logo, that sexy black box, blue light, matching stands, even the fucking box….

all consoles from that day forward owe their designs from what that system brought when it released,

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Owned them all, some only the slim version, i think i like the digital PS5 the most, i have a mostly white/black/some gray setup and it fits just right sitting horizontally. Silver slim PS2 was also nice and tiny.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Owned them all, some only the slim version, i think i like the digital PS5 the most, i have a mostly white/black/some gray and it fits just right sitting horizontally. Silver slim PS2 was also nice and tiny.
I would love a slim digital PS5 with a shorter height and slim figure.

Top Bottom